Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I realized what this thing needs to more effectively get across it's action- a more creative paint job. If lightening is striking right in front of him, every surface facing that needs to be bathed in light- think the Vader Mythos and how they represented the reflected glow of the lava.
I realize this would have been seriously tricky to pull off well- and a lot of people would have poo-pooed it simply because it would be outside the norm- but that's the kind of "out there" risk taking that produces truly epic pieces that cause people to stop in their tracks with their jaws hanging open.

1-17-2014-BSM-006_zps5b740987.jpg

Im just curious... why do bowen statues come out no where near the release dates they put on the website?

Im just curious... why do bowen statues come out no where near the release dates they put on the website?

To my knowledge, statues from most manufacturers don't come out anywhere near their release date.

DC Direct

Koto

Both of these companies have delays. DC Direct (now DC Collectibles) comes the closest to hitting their release dates. However, they consistently have horrible QC issues on most of their merch. Koto has also struggled with poor paint apps as well. Koto has gotten better over the years though. However, for my money, SSC and BD deliver the best QC overall. Neither are perfect but I usually find their merch to have the best QC in general. I really have never had a big issue with statues not releasing on time. I have a HUGE issue with a crappy looking statue that looks like it was rushed into release. That's just my 2 cents on the topic.

DC Direct used to be pretty lousy about sticking to dates until they stopped advance soliciting everything a couple years ago. It makes sense that if you solicit products a few months ahead of release instead of half a year or more, you're less likely to run into problems.

Every company has QC problems to some extent. DC has been really bad lately. Koto's problem is more that the finished product doesn't turn out like the prototype rather than rampant paint defects or things like that. I wouldn't say Sideshow is one of the better companies, as lately it seems like there's always some new controversy brewing (the tailoring on the Batman PF, the upside-down ARC reactor on the Iron Man LSB, etc.).

I'd say Bowen and Gentle Giant seem to have the best track record for putting out high-quality products that aren't plagued by defects or changes between the prototype and final version. And even with GG, the caveat is that they're the absolute worst about shipping things on time. So I guess Bowen wins when it comes to a balance between quality and timeliness.

Just opened my Strike Down Thor.... Totally blown away, was never expecting it to be this good (my first ever Bowen piece)

Now I HAVE to get the Action variant :lecture

DC Direct used to be pretty lousy about sticking to dates until they stopped advance soliciting everything a couple years ago. It makes sense that if you solicit products a few months ahead of release instead of half a year or more, you're less likely to run into problems.

Every company has QC problems to some extent. DC has been really bad lately. Koto's problem is more that the finished product doesn't turn out like the prototype rather than rampant paint defects or things like that. I wouldn't say Sideshow is one of the better companies, as lately it seems like there's always some new controversy brewing (the tailoring on the Batman PF, the upside-down ARC reactor on the Iron Man LSB, etc.).

I'd say Bowen and Gentle Giant seem to have the best track record for putting out high-quality products that aren't plagued by defects or changes between the prototype and final version. And even with GG, the caveat is that they're the absolute worst about shipping things on time. So I guess Bowen wins when it comes to a balance between quality and timeliness.

Nice to find you in here, buddy!! Always a pleasure. :)

Back