Boromir's cloak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninersphan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So after watching parts of the trilogy this weekend on TNT, I noticed Boromir's cloak in Fellowship, more closely than I had before and was wondering if anyone had made a custom one. I wasn't posting here when the figure came out, so there may be a thread with this info in it, but doing a search turned up a rather daunting list of threads to look through.
I'd really love to have one, as my preference for displaying the Fellowship would be pre-Lorien, that way Gandalf would be with the Fellowship.

I can always just forgo the Lorien cloak, but Boromir's original looked really nice in the film and I was hoping one of the talented freaks might have made one and could share info on how they did it.

I believe "Capt. Faramir" was working on one.

Boromir's cloak is a thing of beauty. It would look fantastic, along with the clasp in the front. Looking forward to seeing if anyone can recreate it.

That was Captain Faramir and I believe he just said that it is coming along nicely. He said he would post pics of his progress when he got home for Xmas break.

This is indeed true; I have to wait because all of the stuff is home in California and I have to finish finals up here in Utah. I should get started on it again next Monday or so. It is coming along really nicely; I even have the clasps! I can't wait to get back to work on it, he needs that cloak.

This is great news. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I can't even mend a sock so I have to live vicariously through you.

This is indeed true; I have to wait because all of the stuff is home in California and I have to finish finals up here in Utah. I should get started on it again next Monday or so. It is coming along really nicely; I even have the clasps! I can't wait to get back to work on it, he needs that cloak.

Thanks for the update Captian, I look forward to you sharing the finished results. Also can't wait to hear how you did it/ where you found the parts. I'm no seamstress, but my wife is, and I'm hoping she'll be able to sew one for me.

As you said, I think it's a necessity.

Are you making these available for purchase for us here? If so, pending pics, I'm in!

Perhaps; it will all depend on how much fabric I have and how many I can make in the two weeks I'll be home; I don't have any sewing materials here in Utah. Plus only a few will have clasps but they're easy to make. In any case, you'll see them soon enough--until then we'll all just have to be patient. :cool:

Like I said in another post, I'm really anxious to see this as well Cap. i was just browsing over some pictures I have of his cloak and it really is a magnificent costume piece. Hope we can see some pictures soon. And good luck on your finals btw!

Back