Boromir Wait List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Sheba said:
Is all this wait-listing for the exclusive version?

I think so. I know mine is. :monkey5

I'm hoping they just haven't gotten around to it yet. Shipping seems back up again, they are shipping out B&W Spideys, Green Hulks, Boromirs, Jabba, his throne, etc...

At least that is what I'm telling myself.

I don't have to have the orc head, although having the cloak would be nice. From what I've seen, Boromir looks great without it! In the end, I might just get the regular version.

If SS doesn't give us a new SW pre-order soon, I'm going to snatch up the whole LOTR bunch! :D

Well it looks like mine was converted. He is in my pending points area and the order is listed as new. Im not sure exactly when I got on the waitlist but it was a while ago. Have faith though gang, have faith.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the lack more converted orders is worrying me. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Protozaius said:
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the lack more converted orders is worrying me. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
Don't worry the exclusive Legolas was 2nd chance in a recent newsletter

It'll come it'll come

ifu03612 said:
Don't worry the exclusive Legolas was 2nd chance in a recent newsletter

It'll come it'll come

My waitlist spot for Legolas was converted around the same time Legolas started shipping... so it would seem that more people are hanging onto their Boromir orders. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Frankly I don't know why... IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE SEAN BEAN AND IS PROBABLY THE WORST RELEASE SO FAR OF THE LINE!!!

Somebody cancel... please. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
Frankly I don't know why... IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE SEAN BEAN AND IS PROBABLY THE WORST RELEASE SO FAR OF THE LINE!!!

I agree! Now where are the cancellations? * shakes fist *

I'm waiting as well...

I think there could be a couple of issues that are different this time around compared to Legolas waitlist conversions (mine happened pretty quick too)..

• Alot of folks were unhappy with Aragorn (why, I don't know...I think he's great) and that led to alot of nervous folks cancelling Legolas before he arrived...
  • There was alot of grumbling about Legolas' likeness and other issues...that is, until he arrived. Then the feedback did a 180 and he was praised alot around here...
  • Legolas also hit when alot of expensive items were showing up at once (eg: the Jabba items, T2), causing some folks to have to make some hard choices and cancel some things to keep from blowin' the bank....
  • The LOTR has been very slow in announcements and releases, causing some fans to hold on simply to have some great representation from LOTR from Sideshow in their collections...

All of that is merely speculation of course....with Sideshow just wrapping up a major appearance at ToyFair and prepping for a long summer of big announcements and con appearances, things may be a little slow in the warehouse right now.

I'm holdin' the faith alot of the waitlisters like myself will get a chance here...if not, the lesson learned is...pre-order everything you want! You can always cancel later and make some other waitilist person happy... :)

I have an Exclusive Boromir in the 'For Sale' section. If anyone can't find one or they get tired of waiting, they can PM me.

Man, I'm getting antsy about my waitlist not converting. I've been pretty confident, but no conversions is getting a bit worrisome! Hopefully they are just backlogged and we'll be getting some announcements soon :monkey2 :monkey2

I wonder at what point do we start looking elsewhere for the exclusive. :eek:

Are we talking weeks or months? :eek:

I've heard horror stories of the people who were on the D'Hoffryn waitlist for months and months. :eek:

galactiboy said:
Man, I'm getting antsy about my waitlist not converting. I've been pretty confident, but no conversions is getting a bit worrisome! Hopefully they are just backlogged and we'll be getting some announcements soon :monkey2 :monkey2

I have faith still in the backed up'edness of Sideshow's CS and shipping department, my hope still for why none of us have been contacted yet. :monkey3

galactiboy said:
I really think they send all the wait list conversion emails at once or in a large bundle. Have you ever noticed that some days around here every other thread has someone screaming "My wait list converted" ..."So did mine!"

I am still pretty confident that I will get converted because Boromir isn't or wasn't even as popular of a character is Legolas and even he went on to be offered again via second chance. I think patience is key here. :D

My wait list conv---- well not really, but DARTH LOKI came through with all three Exclusives!!!!!

:legolas :legolas :legolas :legolas :legolas :legolas :legolas

Yeah!!! My 12" LOTR collection has begun (now I've just got to wait for Faramir--- where's that thread?)

El Roranous said:
I really think they send all the wait list conversion emails at once or in a large bundle. Have you ever noticed that some days around here every other thread has someone screaming "My wait list converted" ..."So did mine!"

I am still pretty confident that I will get converted because Boromir isn't or wasn't even as popular of a character is Legolas and even he went on to be offered again via second chance. I think patience is key here. :D

I think Boromir is marginally more popular than Legolas and there is little chance we'd see another Boromir (apart from Osgiliath - which I think is unlikely), whereas Legolas features all the way through the trilogy

I personally prefer Boromir by far - He goes on an emotional rollercoaster and major character change, whereas Legolas is just an arrogant Elf to start with and ends up a little less arrogant at the end of ROTK

At this stage, it's not how popular a character is compared to how well Sideshow did this figure. Ever since word came out that the sculpt kicks ass, this is pretty much the knee jerk reaction we're seeing, meaning hardly any conversions . . .

Back