Boromir Wait List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galactiboy said:
When did you get on if you don't mind my asking? :monkey3

No problem man...I went on the wait list sometime after SDCC (end of July)...

I did that for Legolas as well...but it never converted for me...so Im going to try to get him in the secondary market later...

galactiboy said:
In tonights newsletter they encouraged people to get on the waitlist for the exclusive... my guess is there are a lot of denied cards and cancelations. With Jabba and Fett coming in the same period of time I'm sure a lot of wallets are feeling a bit pinched.

Hell yeah...Not only those 2...Throw in Luke w/Yoda for me as well...

I just cancelled my Boromir Excl.
Not that I don't like him, the shipping is the killer.
Received my Legolas Exclusive yesterday, and the delivery by FedEx to downunder Oz was only..............US $83.00! I don't think I can justify another shipment like that so soon.
The outer box was big enough to hold two 12" figures as well, so I reckon they could have been shipped together.
So there's another one available for the collectors on the waitinglist, good luck to you all!

Man thats terrible! $83?!?! Might as well pay a bit extra on eBay for the exclusive and save money on the shipping.

I just got an email today that my wait list reservation is going to be converted to an order! Yay! Boromir was the only one I missed for some reason when it went up for preorder (don't know why). Now bring on Faramir (and the next 1/6 announcement)!:D

naria said:
I just got an email today that my wait list reservation is going to be converted to an order! Yay! Boromir was the only one I missed for some reason when it went up for preorder (don't know why). Now bring on Faramir (and the next 1/6 announcement)!:D
You lucky devil you! I only got an announcement that my regular order was being processed.....no word from my wait list reservation for the exclusive....I'll keep my fingers crossed though and maybe it will come through at the last minute.

Yes Galactiboy,
I thought too, should have done the Ebay shuffle instead.
I honestly did not expect the postage to be that high, as polystone is a lot heavier. The outer box definitely did not help as it doubled the size of the parcel.
I will think twice next time.

Protozaius said:
Anybody been converted lately? :confused:

No!, says he as he shakes his fist at the sky.

I've been waiting patiently myself. Now, I shall wait not so patiently...

naria said:
Mine got converted last week and I should receive him on Thursday.

May I ask when did you get on the wait list? I did in mid December right after Faramir went up for pre-order.

amonhen said:
I just cancelled my Boromir Excl.
Not that I don't like him, the shipping is the killer.
Received my Legolas Exclusive yesterday, and the delivery by FedEx to downunder Oz was only..............US $83.00! I don't think I can justify another shipment like that so soon.
The outer box was big enough to hold two 12" figures as well, so I reckon they could have been shipped together.
So there's another one available for the collectors on the waitinglist, good luck to you all!

I know what you are talking about, amonhen! Yes, shipping costs for international and European customers... one of my favorite subjects. I continue to beg SSC for combining my orders whenever possible, because shipping is so damned expensive and that is the only way to save some cash! Mostly they do combine the orders, but sometimes, even IF it's possible -time frame wise-, their processing system finds a way to prevent it: once an order is invoiced, it cannot be combined with other orders. I don't know the details of this, but I don't understand how SSC can let a "program" dictate them how their clients are served best... That being said, I know they do a lot for their clients, but imagine you are collecting the SW 12" line and the LotR 12" line, and you'd have to pay between $35 and $80 for each 12" to be shipped to you... And I'm not even *****ing about the taxes!

Protozaius said:
May I ask when did you get on the wait list? I did in mid December right after Faramir went up for pre-order.
I got on the wait list at the end of August. I've got my fingers crossed that yours will convert, too.

i'm surprised there hasn't been more waitlist conversions. dang it. oh well, i don't mind waiting. i got on at the end of september.....same time that i put myself on the waitlist for aragorn and legolas....legolas is the only one that has converted...all Excl.

Maybe today we'll see some more conversions? Get the newsletter up, send out some notices :monkey5 :monkey5

My buddy just got on the waitlist for the t-1000 exc. on Monday and it converted yesterday.... and with that being limited to 750 and being out for awhile I have high hopes for Boromir :rock

Back