Bonedaddy's Collection (lots of nightmare before christmas)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks brilliant! Can't wait to see the finished product, and congrats on the Maul! I have Grievous coming in March, which will be my first 1:1 bust.

So did you decide to keep the Hellboy 1 PF?

Thanks. That Grievous bust looks cool. You may get the 1:1 addiction after you receive it LOL.

I'm still selling the Hellboy PF..just not in a huge rush to get rid of it.

I'm working on another set of Bestas and changing up the displays. This is a work in progress

3321682242_e2b8f60c69.jpg

3320851909_ac65611727.jpg

:drool:drool:drool

HOLY CRAP ..... NOW THATS AWESOME. :rock:chew
Do you need to drill the doors on ? , and if so did you drill them off again ?. :)

I still need to pick the doors up.

Edit : looking at that photo again the hellboy bust looks ten times better too. :rock I would keep it where it is . :rock

Last edited:
:drool:drool:drool

HOLY CRAP ..... NOW THATS AWESOME. :rock:chew
Do you need to drill the doors on ? , and if so did you drill them off again ?. :)

I still need to pick the doors up.

Edit : looking at that photo again the hellboy bust looks ten times better too. :rock I would keep it where it is . :rock

Thanks! The doors just screw on...only drilling I do is to the back to run the wire for the lights.

Thanks! The doors just screw on...only drilling I do is to the back to run the wire for the lights.

awesome. :rock
Someone in Ikea mentioned to me the bestas need attatching to the wall with a bracket to hold them up and support the weight of whatever is in them.
I noticed one of your bestas is against a wall that dips in so I presume this isn't supported by a wall bracket ?. :confused::)

Thanks for the replys , there seriously appreciated. :rock

This was the first Besta setup I bought and it was dang near a perfect fit into a recessed section of my wall. Almost seems like it's built in.

2943388126_79929ce599.jpg

It's so tight in there it'll never be pulled out. The newer Besta setup I have is isn't screwed to the wall either. I have them all on legs that allow me to prop the front to eliminate any forward lean. It's like $10 for a box of 2 legs at Ikea.

3324888664_18f2e072a8.jpg

The newer Besta setup I have is isn't screwed to the wall either. I have them all on legs that allow me to prop the front to eliminate any forward lean. It's like $10 for a box of 2 legs at Ikea.

Awesome. Thanks for the help man. Thats probably just saved me quite a bit then. :cool:
A woman I was speaking to in Ikea led me to belive the wall brackets were needed or else it would fall apart if anything was in it. :confused::monkey1
Obviously thats not the case.
She must of meant the forward lean like you mentioned. :)
The bestas seem very strong either way , surely with these heavy busts and statues in it wouldn't fall forward.

The reason I'm so interested with the fact that I was told they " need " the wall brackets is because I have a pipe which goes straight across the bottom of the wall I was hoping for them to go against and if I would of needed to add a wall bracket it would of been difficult since it would of been a few inches away from the wall.
Thanks for the help mate. :D

Awesome. Thanks for the help man. Thats probably just saved me quite a bit then. :cool:
A woman I was speaking to in Ikea led me to belive the wall brackets were needed or else it would fall apart if anything was in it. :confused::monkey1
Obviously thats not the case.
She must of meant the forward lean like you mentioned. :)
The bestas seem very strong either way , surely with these heavy busts and statues in it wouldn't fall forward.

The reason I'm so interested with the fact that I was told they " need " the wall brackets is because I have a pipe which goes straight across the bottom of the wall I was hoping for them to go against and if I would of needed to add a wall bracket it would of been difficult since it would of been a few inches away from the wall.
Thanks for the help mate. :D

So even with all of those pieces in the Besta, wall brackets are not needed? And how would you prevent the forward lean?

Thanks for the link, but I still didn't really see a straight forward answer. How do you have yours set up?

I personally don't have mine setup yet but was debating wheter to find a way to put them on brackets and connect them to the wall or not.
I have asked around and it would seem most people don't use the brackets anyway but instead put feet on the units and ( I think ) screw the back ones in a little more than the front giving it a tiny lean back.
I haven't personally seen them setup in my home so I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet but if theres a way I can set them up without the brackets I probably will. :D

Again sorry for hijacking your thread bonedaddy. :eek::eek:
:D

I personally don't have mine setup yet but was debating wheter to find a way to put them on brackets and connect them to the wall or not.
I have asked around and it would seem most people don't use the brackets anyway but instead put feet on the units and ( I think ) screw the back ones in a little more than the front giving it a tiny lean back.
I haven't personally seen them setup in my home so I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet but if theres a way I can set them up without the brackets I probably will. :D

Again sorry for hijacking your thread bonedaddy. :eek::eek:
:D

Oh, now I see. Thanks for the advice. It looks like I'll do the same.

And sorry Bonedaddy....

Back on topic. AWESOME UPDATED PICS! :rock

Back