Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally opened mine and everything looks good. No visible broken pieces, everything seems to be in the box and the statue overall looks great. My biggest complaint is going to be how they cheaped out on the head. Plastic....really? All of the work and materials that went into the other pieces on this statue and you're going to finish it of with a plastic head?
With the prices of these PF pieces increasing the way they are, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Yeah, that would have been a nightmare trying to do it that way but personally I'd have rather had the head made of the same material and be a stagnant pose than have a plastic one with the ability to maybe move it.
It's not like this is a 1/6 that I would be messing around with.

I don't get the complaints of the plastic head... It don't look plastic...

Here is polystone vs Plastic... I don't see the big deal.

P1240417.JPG

This thread already fees like a "cut and paste" of the first Fett PF:lol

Hopefully, once the people who have complaints get weeded out, this'll be in more appreciate people's collections:lol

i prefer a plastic head than a wrong color head ;)

anyway it's plastic because you can move it, otherwise with resin you would break it easily.

Well, after many months waiting, my Fett finally arrived.

The worst problem, the chipped base. But hey, at least they tried to paint over the chip amirite?

fett_base.jpg

The nice big scratches on the exclusive rifle:

fett_gun.jpg

To some of the more minor nitpicks:

Why is there a number 9 on his chest? I like the font, just not on my Fett. Looks like he's been priced for a flea market.

fett_chest.jpg

This one I'm not sure if it's actually a problem or just the way these are made. Could be they're all like that? The thruster on the left is kind of "wandering" off to the side. Looks odd in person, but if this is how they're made, it's an artist choice not a problem.

fett_pack.jpg

I was pretty done at that point, so there may be others. First thing I saw was a dime size painted over chip in the base, so I admit we got off to a bad start here. The good news is the decal doesn't look too bad on mine. I can't comment on how it looks put together, I didn't even bother to assemble it. Hope you guys have better luck.

Last edited:
Mine had 'issues' too, but that paint work on that chest armour is just plain wrong.

Regarding your thruster issue. If you look closely at the piece it looks like it may connect via a ball joint, and as such final positioning is up the the factory worker?

Mine was broken when it arrived but you can see a metal ? piece between the thruster and the backpack.

image.jpeg

Will eventually get around to posting pictures and (hopefully) a video review, but I am very happy with mine. There is a tiny, tiny chip at the bottom of the base that you can't really see when the statue is displayed, but other than that mine looks perfect. Any disappointment with the plastic helmet quickly receded once everything was assembled and I had an opportunity to admire the paint work on helmet, which is superb. This statue looks much better in person than in any pictures I have seen.

This statue is awesome overall...very, very happy with it
But, is my base crooked?
I don't want to notify Sideshow if this looks like everyone elses...I put my camera on a tripod so that it was level...let me know what you guys & gals think, thanks! :)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

It looks slightly crooked to me but I wouldn't have noticed unless I was really looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wouldn't have said anything and just posted those pics, I would've said awesome base and thought nothing wrong.

Known no it's crooked though, I agree.

It looks slightly crooked to me but I wouldn't have noticed unless I was really looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wouldn't have said anything and just posted those pics, I would've said awesome base and thought nothing wrong.

Known no it's crooked though, I agree.

Thanks guys, it really depends on the angle of it. Sometimes it's more noticeable. I'm not sure how I'm going to display it so I don't know if I'm going to contact Sideshow or not. I really don't think it's going to cause any issues later on.

I dont mind that they used a plastic head but damn it's some thin ass plastic. My helmet creaks when I touch it in certain spots because of how thin it is. Also the neck joint is way to stiff, i had to slowly work the black joint because it wouldn't move for ****. At first I thought mine was broken. Lastly the head doesn't tilt upward as much as some of the prototype/production photos. Thin plastic head plus thick difficult to move ball joint is a recipe for disaster. Granted mine loosened up a bit after moving it around it just doesn't tilt upward very well without feeling like it will break

Only other complaint is a small paint blemish on the ex gun, it almost looks like intentional weathering but based on other pics it's not supposed to be there

Last edited:
There are some great photos here..

Well now that I have had him for a week I thought I would give some thoughts.. It's easy to give too big of praise for a new piece and sometimes its easy to be a little let down after all the hype and pics... So I waited a week to see how I feel about this piece.

It's pretty damn amazing. I have really come to love this piece. The tailoring on this is some of SSC best. The detail in it is top notch. The pose is one of my favs on any SSC piece. It's different and cool. The base is one of my fav bases SSC has ever done. It's very unique and just feels like Star Wars even though its not movie accurate to anything. Paint apps are about perfect. This is very close to proto. Best Fett I have owned and I loved the Mythos but I think this takes its place due to the pose, tailoring, base, and size. Mythos is still great but this one is just a bit better IMO.

Those that are on the fence should pick this up now. Don't wait. People waited on the Mythos Fett and he sold out and went up in value quick. Don't worry about the Ex. this is not an Ex of Fail piece unless you really feel the need to have the ROTJ blaster.

9.5 out of 10.

it turned out real nice. I made the hard choice to cancel mine right before shipping and get Grommash statue instead. BF looks damn good

Back