Boba Fett Medi Mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you get the wookie braids that nice? Are they the Marmits?
Those are from the vintage Hasbro fett...the one that came out in 1979 or 1980. Cut to different lengths, tied off with thread, fraying the ends. I still need to dye one of them a more silver/grey color.
You could, just as easily, braid your own. Still may do that if I find a good material for the silver braid.

Last edited:
As for the earpiece and rangefinder...I like the Marmit one, but it's just a bit to long. The gap in the middle could be slightly larger and more pronounced. I took the one off of my Tomy helmet and shaved it down flat to fit on the Marmit Helmet.

So far, I've like the size of the Medi Rangefinder, but it is missing the middle, top part making it's shape just a little off. It's really not that noticeable, but I wanted to re-visit the Marmit Rangefinder (which has the most accurate Rangefinder Top I've seen) and see what could be done.

I took just over an 1/8" off of the Marmit stalk and added a peg in the Marmit Helmet. There's already a hole there, so no need to cutting or drilling.

I'll keep the earpiece on there for sure, still not sure If I'm going to keep the Marmit rangefinder on. I like the shape be it seems just a tiny bit too large. I could just be a trick of the eye as the Medi is a lot smaller. I'll keep it this way for awhile and see if I like it.

I've been taking pics with my phone lately...which is why they're fuzzier than usual.

1212235519_zpsa9d9da01.jpg

1212235614_zpsa39d03a3.jpg

1212235638_zpsf7e016d7.jpg

1213023252_zps9ade0ecc.jpg

1213023330_zps747fd4ba.jpg

1213022944_zps96bddfdd.jpg

Too much flare on the visor. It should not be that wide.

I will sculpt over the edges to close them down and make them less wide. The "tusks" will end up the same size as V1.

Does that make any sense to you?

Anyway, this looks pretty wide to me, and looks accurate, it's fan made though.
ESB-boba-fett-MINE4.jpg

That looks wayyyy wider than my Master Replicas helmet.

The fan made one? Or mine? Or both. :lol

Not sure if MR's is the one to go by though, these helmets were made by dedicated fans.

For example master replicas visor seems to get narrower at the bottom, when it actually should be wider.

Last edited:
2ceq002.jpg

Placed the visor. Only need to wait for money to buy primer. Should be a week. Anyway, his cheeks are more angled now and flared out. I really like it! Should start resculpting around his new visor soon to make him ready for paint!

2ceq002.jpg

Placed the visor. Only need to wait for money to buy primer. Should be a week. Anyway, his cheeks are more angled now and flared out. I really like it! Should start resculpting around his new visor soon to make him ready for paint!

Looking great!

Dude, you are pretty much singlehandedly carrying the custom Boba banner. Your commitment to your custom is like nothing I've ever seen.

Looking great!

Dude, you are pretty much singlehandedly carrying the custom Boba banner. Your commitment to your custom is like nothing I've ever seen.

It's just my love for this character when I was a kid is so big, I want him to be EXACTLY as I have him in my head. :lol I'm such a perfectionist in some things, I even touched up my Small Studios Joker (which is in itself terrific) because I wanted him to look ever so slightly more to his right.. I annoy myself. :lol

I messed up my SS Vader modding him, was my first ever customizing job. Messed him up good lol. Lets hope Boba won't end up that way, well, I guess he won't, cause I still have my V1 head if this one fails. :D

However, I hope that with the Tomy earpieces, my paint apps and the new visor, when HT comes out with theirs I won't even need to buy it. That's my goal. My new visor makes the helmet precisely as wide as the other helmet with one earpiece on, so it makes him like 2 mm's wider. :rock

Last edited:
It's just my love for this character when I was a kid is so big, I want him to be EXACTLY as I have him in my head. :lol I'm such a perfectionist in some things, I even touched up my Small Studios Joker (which is in itself terrific) because I wanted him to look ever so slightly more to his right.. I annoy myself. :lol

I messed up my SS Vader modding him, was my first ever customizing job. Messed him up good lol. Lets hope Boba won't end up that way, well, I guess he won't, cause I still have my V1 head if this one fails. :D

Whoa. What did you try to do and what happened?!

However, I hope that with the Tomy earpieces, my paint apps and the new visor, when HT comes out with theirs I won't even need to buy it. That's my goal. My new visor makes the helmet precisely as wide as the other helmet with one earpiece on, so it makes him like 2 mm's wider. :rock

:horror I'm bookmarking this page to quote you from!:lol

2ujmg5s.jpg

Visor is pretty much finished, needs to dry up and be sanded a bit even. I remodeled it after a recast of the original helmet, which was all but symmetrical, like Vader's helmet. I got the shape down to a T! (best pun ever)

On a side note, I think the assymmetrical designs of these original helmets gives them alot of personality! Long live handcrafted old school work!

Looks like a cool gladiator helmet with just the silver. He's gonna be sweet when finished. I also admire your desire and dedication to make the perfect figure in your eyes. It should inspire everyone.

Back