Boba Fett Medi Mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S.....did you have to do any mods to fit medi jangos head, on medi boba? also, was the medi jango head from the first release?

P.S.....did you have to do any mods to fit medi jangos head, on medi boba? also, was the medi jango head from the first release?
No...but I used a new Medi-naked. Jango head was from the first release...but I think it's the same as the 2nd. I wouldnt use SSC Knee armor. Just go back in my thread to see what I've done...it's all there.

No...but I used a new Medi-naked. Jango head was from the first release...but I think it's the same as the 2nd. I wouldnt use SSC Knee armor. Just go back in my thread to see what I've done...it's all there.

K\check and check..thanks man.....Did you get the oppertunity to try the new naked2 body on medi fett yet? last time you told me the new massive2 looked to wide, so your gonna try the naked2.

I was hoping that Sideshow's Fett blaster would be an easy replacement for my custom...alas...they really, REALLY botched it up. The details are nice and sharp with great paint apps. It looks very cool...but far from accurate. Medi and Marmit both have inaccuracies as well, but (at least they got the shape and overall proportions correct.
As I said, I liked the sharp details of Sideshow's so I took the bit I like the most and cannibalized it with the Medi Barrel for a more accurate shape. Angled the Stock, added custom strap, chromed the end, add paint:
(Quick pics with my phone)
BlasterB.jpg

BlasterE.jpg

I was hoping that Sideshow's Fett blaster would be an easy replacement for my custom...alas...they really, REALLY botched it up. The details are nice and sharp with great paint apps. It looks very cool...but far from accurate. Medi and Marmit both have inaccuracies as well, but (at least they got the shape and overall proportions correct.
As I said, I liked the sharp details of Sideshow's so I took the bit I like the most and cannibalized it with the Medi Barrel for a more accurate shape. Angled the Stock, added custom strap, chromed the end, add paint:
(Quick pics with my phone)
BlasterB.jpg

BlasterE.jpg
the medi barrel??where?what?
how did you chrome it?

did you cut off the barrel and put it on the sideshow rifle?how did you bent the stock?heat? never heard of chrome contact paper:dunno
I put the blasters in boiling water to loosen the glue and pulled them apart (hard to do still). Yes...heat to bend the stock. Contact paper is like a sticker....just a sheet of it. I've had a sheet of it from an old model kit for reflecting fiber optic lights. I've seem them in craft stores as well.

Yeah, the SSC rifle is a quandary - gorgeous detail, but not screen accurate in so many ways!:slap

The greeblies below the scope are totally wrong, the stock is the wrong shape, it has the step in the middle of the barrel (which wasn't there on the proto...)

The Marmit is pretty accurate but nowhere near enough detail in the sculpt.

Yeah, the SSC rifle is a quandary - gorgeous detail, but not screen accurate in so many ways!:slap

The greeblies below the scope are totally wrong, the stock is the wrong shape, it has the step in the middle of the barrel (which wasn't there on the proto...)

The Marmit is pretty accurate but nowhere near enough detail in the sculpt.
Yea...I kept my Marmit blaster intact as my back-up. My custom still has inaccuracies, but the shape/size/details are good and sharp.

Picked up a SSC stand...makes everything look much cooler than I thought...I dig it.
Fett is on a Indy Medi body, as the structural integrity is much, much better than the older medi's. I didn't notice the neck on this body is a long neck, so it needs to be switched out still to bring the head down just a bit. Also lowered the Jet Pack (finally).

1211095918-1.jpg
1211094514-1.jpg

1211091522.jpg

1211091154.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a SSC stand...makes everything look much cooler than I thought...I dig it.
Fett is on a Indy Medi body, as the structural integrity is much, much better than the older medi's. I didn't notice the neck on this body is a long neck, so it needs to be switched out still to bring the head down just a bit. Also lowered the Jet Pack (finally).

1211095918-1.jpg
1211094514-1.jpg

1211091522.jpg

1211091154.jpg

Damn, the Marmit really has one hell of a sculpt!

Love the toque, McHaley! How did you do the jetpack mod? Velcro? Did you have to cut the plastic hooks off to make it flush against the back?

Love the toque, McHaley! How did you do the jetpack mod? Velcro? Did you have to cut the plastic hooks off to make it flush against the back?
No...didn't cut anything off. Just fashioned hooks on the end of the plastic ones.
Yes the Marmit bucket is still the best shape-wise though it could probably use a repaint.
...some day.

Good news, managed to mod the Tomy earpiece to replace my lost earpiece! I actually prefer it's shape! :rock

If only I could somehow find a Medi rangefinder.. Anyone got a cast of it?

1211095918-1.jpg
1211094514-1.jpg

1211091522.jpg

1211091154.jpg

picked up a marmit boba,just to get his helmet:cuckoo:,but i could not resist after seeing your pics.just hope i am able to give him the right paint job.:thud:
looks like our beloved boba becomes a mix and mash of 3 different figures.:hi5:

1211095918-1.jpg
1211094514-1.jpg

1211091522.jpg

1211091154.jpg

How did you get the wookie braids that nice? Are they the Marmits?

Back