Boba Fett Medi Mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really nice, the one suggestion I have is to remove the visor and add one that is flush with the inside of the helmet. I don't know why the sculpted in visor bothers me so, but when the light hits the sculpt lines it drives me nuts. My own personal opinion, of course, but seeing as how you are striving for a more accurate looking Fett, I figured I'd throw that out there.

The chrome looks really nice on the blaster too.
I'm going to try and put a coat of acrylic floor polish on first...then we'll see if I need to do any cutting.

Also for some of the other people in this thread that arent aware of the difference between ESB and ROTJ fett...basically almost everything is different..well 80%.. Helmet, Flight Suit, vest, shoulder bells, knees, rifles, Belt, Jetpack..etc.

A bit of trivia for you;the barrel on Fett's blaster is a stripped Graflex flash gun! This comes from a friend in the 501st who's had several conversations with Jeremy Bulloch(who has declared said friend's Fett costume as"spot on")...PS

A bit of trivia for you;the barrel on Fett's blaster is a stripped Graflex flash gun! This comes from a friend in the 501st who's had several conversations with Jeremy Bulloch(who has declared said friend's Fett costume as"spot on")...PS

Yea..thats why he still has to make the holes which he stated. The flashgun has two rectangle/oval holes near the "barrel" opening.

If you removed the black panelling from the helmet Boba would look like magneto. :D IF you look at the Koto Gun i find it has a better scope than the medi one.

It has lines when it should have dots and other little things that's if your are going for accuracy.

Last edited:
Had to see what it looked like on my Fett.

Heres medi by marmit

boba-1.jpg

lids off!

boba-3.jpg

boba-2.jpg

medi with marmit helmet

boba-4.jpg

boba-5.jpg

Links fixed. Wanted to see the pics.

The original Marmit lid is a really odd shape, so I'm curious to know what McHaley did to modify the shape...

The original Marmit lid is a really odd shape, so I'm curious to know what McHaley did to modify the shape...
the helmet is made of soft vinyl. The way Marmit stored the helmet in the plastic pushed it into a thinner shape. Heat it up with a hair dryer and it softens as well as pops back into the original, wider shape...you can even widen it a bit more it you want. Run it under cold water to stiffen it up again and you've got the shape you want. I also replaced the rangefinder so it's more in scale (used Medi).

Note: the above pics posted by Dorgmal Snow show the Medi Helmet and the Hasbro OT helmet. Not Marmit.

So, It's been awhile and I've been tinkering a bit here and there after work and before bed. Because of time (I think) it takes me 4 months to do 1 day worth of modding. Anywho, since last time I:

Replaced the Medi ammo pouches with Marmit...they're individually sculpted to match the film. Added brass color snaps to bring them out more on 3 of the pouches.

Replaced the holster with Marmit...again because of the shape. I like Medi's cloth/pleather one, but it was just less accurate in shape. Added holster strap and snap.

Reattached Cloth Belt Pouches (a bit lower) and removed velcro on all Cloth Pouches and sewed them shut in a more accurate position.

Took the cape out from under the armor and attached it in the correct position on top with knob showing through.

Weathered the jumpsuit.

Replaced Medi gauntlet parts (flamethrower & Blaster) with Marmit, added wires in back of Flamethrower.

....I think that's it. I want to thicken up the neck just a bit and I still haven't done any of the paintwork yet. Just getting the shape right.

Oct057.jpg
Oct060.jpg

Oct046.jpg

Last edited:
That looks pretty much 100% spot-on. Really nice work.

Is he short compared to regular SSC figs or do the extenders fix that?
The extenders were mainly for how his proportions looked all around, not just to make him taller. A quick measurment puts him just over 11.25 inches from bottom to top of the Helmet. I'll try to post comparison pics later.

Nice work!....so, do you have scrap marmit or medi fett parts laying around you might wanna sell?

Nice work!....so, do you have scrap marmit or medi fett parts laying around you might wanna sell?
Not really. I like to keep the stuff..never know when I might need or use them. I had the Marmit parts laying around for years and they came in handy. I've seen the Marmit Boba on ebay for less than $100. Just keep an eye out. Especially now that people are getting the Sideshow one and might be unloading it.

from what version is the marmit helmet?or are both versions the same?i dont know?
Both Marmit versions are the same. The packaging that housed the helmet changed it's shape. So you just have to heat it up with a hair dryer and put it back into the "flare" shape and run cold water over. It rangefinder was replaced with a Medicom one...it's more in scale with the Helmet.

Both Marmit versions are the same. The packaging that housed the helmet changed it's shape. So you just have to heat it up with a hair dryer and put it back into the "flare" shape and run cold water over. It rangefinder was replaced with a Medicom one...it's more in scale with the Helmet.
allrighty,thanks:wave

Back