Boba Fett Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish there was a way to get mannequin hands to hold a rifle like that, then I'd be completely set on the one I already have. But I agree that this one will be way overpriced from the start

Normally I'd feel an inkling of excitement... but knowing how much this guy is going to cost... I'd rather pay some poor guy to follow me around for a month cosplaying Boba Fett.

It probably is a costume on a mannequin at this point.
I'm thinking that getting a screen accurate suit and mannequin to put it on will be much cheaper than whatever SSC charges, and would probably look no worse.

I'm thinking that getting a screen accurate suit and mannequin to put it on will be much cheaper than whatever SSC charges, and would probably look no worse.

You can get a VERY accurate one made for around the $4-5K mark and a mannequin is only around $150-200, so it'll definitely blow whatever SS can mass produce. I'm not knocking SSC, but the guys who do stuff over at the Dented Helmet boards really pay extra attention to every detail and at the end of the day, you can wear it as well:D

I wish there was a way to get mannequin hands to hold a rifle like that, then I'd be completely set on the one I already have. But I agree that this one will be way overpriced from the start

You can if you are willing to do some work to them.

From The Dented Helmet Facebook:

Yes, this is Sideshow's answer to the Don Post life-size statue. Still a work-in-progress, but considering the project was headed up by Tom Spina Designs with help from a number of members at the Dented Helmet, we are pretty sure the final product will please the masses. Now for you hardcore members.... ;)

Last edited:
Love Boba Fett so if the price is reasonable, I may try for one. Accurate or not. I'm not a collectible snob.

Not impressed with the teaser pic, but then again it's clearly an unfinished piece. I have the old Don Post life-size Boba and while it's definitely not screen accurate, Sideshow will be hard pressed to make something that looks as cool as it does. Of all my collectibles, it's the only one I wouldn't sell so that shows how much I think of it.

I'm actually pumped to see the unveiling of this. I've heard that they resourced some of the guys over at the DentedHelmet on this project and I know for a fact that they are truly the experts. Whether they can replicate their details in mass production I'm not sure. But at least the version that pops up at Comic Con is going to be the most legit representation of Boba Fett to ever debut!! Come on pics!:impatient:

Just posted on TDH
sideshow-life-size-fett-image.jpg-62243d1342045314

291677_10151024364377356_664981988_o.jpg

Looks great, arms just need a bit of bulking up. But I love the base. Too bad it's ESB:monkey3

Last edited:
I'm working on an ROTJ version so I might get this as a companion piece instead of building my own.

I'm working on an ROTJ version so I might get this as a companion piece instead of building my own.

Are you on the TDH boards? Judging by Sideshow prices, I still think you're better off just getting one made but nothing beats something "official" if money isn't a problem.

Are you on the TDH boards? Judging by Sideshow prices, I still think you're better off just getting one made but nothing beats something "official" if money isn't a problem.

I am but depending on price I might be interested in this if guys from TDH are involved with it already.

Back