Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to start another 1:1 helmet paintup, so since I have all the colors I need, I decided to attempt a Medicom repaint. I still have a lot of work to do, but the major parts of the lid are done. Quite a different animal than life-size, but I'm happy with the way the paint has come out, so far. At least I know that the colors are much more accurate (I don't know what Medicom was thinking with their paint list/damage pattern).

Definitely gives me a new appreciation of all the 1/6 painters out there!

018.jpg

Love it man - great figure, & great work. :clap :duff

Idiot's Log 20140216
I purchased a Medi Boba from DarkSpartan062 ~ a week ago. I'm sure he'd be amused to know it took me less than half an hour after unboxing to break his hip joint. Now he uses an Imperial Walker.

Here's Boba in all of his straight out of the box glory.

PG4vqou.jpg

Fortunately I was not bothered by this as Fett was always going to be modded. Now I just have no option but to swap out the body for a TT Slim (which I just so happened to buy from hehateme23 last week, should be here tomorrow.

Special thanks to eczamurai for his suggested mods.

Oh look, I busted his arm getting his jumpsuit off. Horay Medicom!
lde7ZmH.jpg

Here's a pic of the Medi jumpsuit and belt pockets after a dip in Dylon China Blue. I happen to have a Sideshow Jumpsuit on the way from Toy Anxiety so I can choose which one I like the fit better.

2NLaLQX.jpg

Boba stuff
VWmOhDe.jpg

The plan:

Starting point - Medi Boba Fett
Helmet - I have a medi and Tomy. Paint both and decide. I might buy a SS bucket at some point if I don't like the scale on these.
Swap out body with HT TT Slim Adv. I picked up from hehateme23
Sideshow parts - flight suit, shoes, hands, knee armor, girthbelt
Dye flight suit with Dyson China Blue and weather
Tons of reference from Dented Helmet. Speaking of "Girth" belts... some of those cosplay guys should eat a salad once in a while.
padding around midsection.
lowering his jetpack,
resculpting chestplates.
Move, paint, repaint, glue, and magnetize stuff back together.more to come

Last edited:
Truetype slim arrived today. I'm curious if anyone is using Sideshow boots with a TT body. If so what's the best mod for fitting the foot pegs? Cut the pegs, remove the leg extender, drill the leg extender, none of the above? Before I cut I'd rather have the benefit of an experienced opinion.

m1qdjfX.jpg

Truetype slim arrived today. I'm curious if anyone is using Sideshow boots with a TT body. If so what's the best mod for fitting the foot pegs? Cut the pegs, remove the leg extender, drill the leg extender, none of the above? Before I cut I'd rather have the benefit of an experienced opinion.

m1qdjfX.jpg

Plop those boots in some hot water, pull the Sideshow ankle pegs out and stick some Hot Toys ankle pegs into the boots instead. Then those boots will fit onto the TT ankles no problemo. That's what I did with my Fett.

Re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

My body came with two broken arms. :lol It was supposed to be near mint in box, but it came loose , missing the stand, and two (obviously) broken arms. Thanks, Craig77! How is your 'banned for life' going?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

@PJB - That worked perfectly. Thanks. Now can someone tell me how to get his f'king pouch belts and codpiece back on without using an x-acto knife? I already considered popping a leg off at the hip but the TT Slim isn't designed to do that.

@Fiend - That blows. My Boba was perfectly fine out of the box. DarkSpartan062 took good care of him. I busted the leg because.... it's a medicom. I really just had to look at it wrong. I never intended to keep the medi body anyhow.

Heat it up.... then pull up with the pants... it will stretch over the hips.

I had to do this with my ROTJ medi Fett.

.... and when I did Jango's. That was a bit more difficult!

Thank AusGeorge. That worked great.

Some basic re-assembly. No paints yet. I haven't futzed anything yet either.

Medi - Vest, shoulder-pads, pouch-belt, cod-piece
SS - Flight suit, knee armor, gird-belt, boots

h7MRPL5.jpg

Thank AusGeorge. That worked great.

Some basic re-assembly. No paints yet. I haven't futzed anything yet either.

Medi - Vest, shoulder-pads, pouch-belt, cod-piece
SS - Flight suit, knee armor, gird-belt, boots

h7MRPL5.jpg

Looking good there so far, Kamandi. Have you thought about how to make up a collar yet? IMHO, the separate SSC one didn't match the rest of the outfit, so I took the drastic measure of cutting out the collar from the original Medicom jumpsuit, peeling off the Velcro and sewing it closed.

If case you're curious, this is how I made the cut with scissors:

Once it's tucked under the SSC jumpsuit and the armor is assembled, this is how mine turned out:

I put this figure together a year or two ago, but am still happier with it that how both Medicom and Sideshow's Fetts look out of the factory. I'm always interested in seeing others take this same approach, so feel free to shoot me back with any questions. :wave

Looking good there so far, Kamandi. Have you thought about how to make up a collar yet? IMHO, the separate SSC one didn't match the rest of the outfit, so I took the drastic measure of cutting out the collar from the original Medicom jumpsuit, peeling off the Velcro and sewing it closed.

Once it's tucked under the SSC jumpsuit and the armor is assembled, this is how mine turned out:

I remembered seeing what you did and I separated the collar as well just before the suit was dyed. The collar got a soak in bleach water and it's white now. It also is quite fragile as a result and I might replace it. Anyhow, here's the collar in place for the moment. The flight suit is a SS BTW (also dyed). The medi suit is unused and might get cut to provide the lower helmet liner.

Y7Srhd4.jpg

Went to swap out the pegs on my new SS hands to fit the TT, realized I have two right "trigger" hands. Doh! Does anyone feel like selling a relaxed left hand that can hold the barrel of his large gun? PM me.

I have the Tomy helmet on there right now. Both it and the Medi helmet are noticeably small. Is the SS helmet a better scale? Can anyone show them side by side?

I'll have to make due with the medi hands until the Supertrooper breakdowns start showing up on Toy Anarchy. I shaved down the posts to fit the TT body.

Here's a quick shot off my phone camera. The blue looks more accurate in person. Maybe it's just the outdoor lighting.

Fsu7P1J.png

I'll have to make due with the medi hands until the Supertrooper breakdowns start showing up on Toy Anarchy. I shaved down the posts to fit the TT body.

Here's a quick shot off my phone camera. The blue looks more accurate in person. Maybe it's just the outdoor lighting.

Fsu7P1J.png

It looks pretty nice, I think thats the color Eczamurai went with and I remember his looking pretty good with that color as well. At any rate he came out nice, I think its hard to argue that these mashups people are doing are pretty much the best Fetts around, I think it deifnitely gets rid of the weaknesses both companies versions had.

The armor still needs a paint job so it's not really done yet. I just finally have it together with the parts I intended to use. I'm still on the fence about the Tomy helmet. I like the flaired shape better than the Medi but they're both too small. I'm curious how people feel about the latest SS buckets. There's always the Supertrooper for donor parts (although I'll have to sculpt the helmet's signature "dent").

Last edited:
I don't know man, thats got the lens shape correct and the sweep seems pretty good, but I'm not a bucket man, if its got the basics, I'm good to go. I've looked at a helluva alot of pictures of people disecting Stormies/Vaders/Fett helmets and to be 100% honest, cannot see what they are talking about.

That looks great man! Kinda wish I still had it! Haha.

Fsu7P1J.png

Back