Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to be joining the journey that is BOBA perfection. If anyone else interested you snag the Medicom ROTJ Boba from SS with a cool $25 off with the coupon code SPRING2013. Boba shipped for less than $140! :yess:

Can someone tell me if there's an easy way to remove his rope belt, or do I have to stuff around with the tiny buckles?

I don't have it in front of me, but I don't recall it being difficult at all. Isn't it just velcro or something like that? I think you get at it from the back.

No, the brown belt actually has to be removed by the buckles, unless it is loose enough to slide it down his legs.

Still need to get the SS Boba Fett.

This is the Boba Fett I have currently. It is a mixture of Marmit, Medi and a little OTC parts.
The Body is a OBISTU thin figure.

Custom head sculpt, with damages and paint job. Also custom Speeder bike I made.

I went with the Marmit helmet with Medicom antenna and gave it a repaint.

Also now have added a metal strip on the jet back and 2 earth magnets at the bottom of the rear armour to keep the lower jetpack secure. Complements the Clips for the top nicely.

fett26.jpg

fett29.jpg

fett28.jpg

fett27.jpg

bobaf3.jpg

bobaf1.jpg

bobaf5.jpg

bobaf6.jpg

bobaf4.jpg

bobaf8.jpg

Just got this guy yesterday. Looks great but remember several of you switching out the bodies. Is there a general consensus of which body is best? I remember a TT slim? being mentioned several times. If so do they come in different heights?

Just got this guy yesterday. Looks great but remember several of you switching out the bodies. Is there a general consensus of which body is best? I remember a TT slim? being mentioned several times. If so do they come in different heights?

Yes switched mine with the TT Slim. The HT wrist pegs worked fine with the hands but had to drill the bottom of the legs out to fit the SS ankle pegs. Someone else may have a better way though. I'm not usually one for mods but this change was too good. Also made new braids as the stock ones are c@&p. tightened the knee pads and body armour. Also heated and curved the chest plates. I'm really please will post a pic if I get the chance.

I did a TT Slim with HT wrist pegs on the boba hands. For the feet though I decided to go mcguyver method and wrapped the pegs with athletic tape fit them into the joint. Not the best method you should most likely heat the feet in hot water take out the pegs and do a swap for the ht ball joints.

I did a TT Slim with HT wrist pegs on the boba hands. For the feet though I decided to go mcguyver method and wrapped the pegs with athletic tape fit them into the joint. Not the best method you should most likely heat the feet in hot water take out the pegs and do a swap for the ht ball joints.

I tried the feet heating method but the HT ball joint was too big to get in the hole (so to speak). So I took extra part at the bottom if the HT slim legs out drilled out the joining plug inside that way the SS peg moved all the way in (there I go again) it does effect the height by about 8mm but BF's shortish anyway. I was trying to preserve all the SS parts and wasn't worried about drilling and cutting the TT Slim. Another thing I had to do was sand down the TTs forearms otherwise the gauntlets don't fit.

I tried the feet heating method but the HT ball joint was too big to get in the hole (so to speak). So I took extra part at the bottom if the HT slim legs out drilled out the joining plug inside that way the SS peg moved all the way in (there I go again) it does effect the height by about 8mm but BF's shortish anyway. I was trying to preserve all the SS parts and wasn't worried about drilling and cutting the TT Slim. Another thing I had to do was sand down the TTs forearms otherwise the gauntlets don't fit.

Ya I have heard people say they fit fine in the boots and others say sanding/drilling was needed. As far as the gauntlets go the same thing has been said as for sanding/no sanding I personally got them to fit fine without sanding on the new TT Slim which is the same as the old. Guess every figure is odd in its own way lol.

Bought a Medimix Boba off a freak member on here and it is pretty awesome. I did a vid for IG-88 but also showed Boba as well. Check it out.

[ame]https://youtu.be/OFgX4vQWNs0[/ame]

By skimming through a few pages, would you say the TT Slim is the best switch over for the Medicom Fett? I'm considering buying a Truetype but I'd like someone to confirm it before purchasing. Thanks =]

By skimming through a few pages, would you say the TT Slim is the best switch over for the Medicom Fett? I'm considering buying a Truetype but I'd like someone to confirm it before purchasing. Thanks =]

I used a headplay tt knockoff to swap my jango too after the medi body fell to pieces, it was a tight squeeze but an all round better proportion

Back