Blur88 - Thank you very much for the Sam & Bill! :-)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn right! That's why I so desperately want to keep hold of my statues, and now Prague's been called off until next year I hope I'll be ok...
ALL the hobbit statues are top rate, I got Frodo and Merry both together in 2 seperate ebay aucions from the same seller, a board member who doesnt post as much now. I could never sell them, because LOTR is about the hobbits most of all, and that's why Pippin won't look out of place to ME, because I'll think of the transformation from happy innocent hobbit Merry to battle hardened and sword wielding Pippin. That's what LOTR is about, the growth of the hobbits, and I hope my hobbit display wll show that...

Bilbo was my first statue and in my top 3, he's more impressive than most statues. And I've got GTG on my hobbit shelf too.

GTG is also on my Hobbit shelf too, I forgot to mention him earlier.

Two great minds Frodo :wave

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

He just fits in right doesnt he! Seeing GTG's hobbit love. He is after all the reason Bilbo and Frodo set out on their adventures.

By the way, anyone on the fence over Frodo, well you simply must get him! He is the ringbearer after all! He is so....I dont know how to describe....petite, so small and cute, but brimming with detail....the Sting scabbard, the ring chain, the hair (I LOVE hobbit polystone hair!), his cloak, hobbit feet, and his face. Maybe not an exact Elijah likeness but who cares, it's a great face sculpt anyway, full of worry and trepidation.

I just got Bilbo yesterday, and I totally agree with FE and others, he definately holds his own.

Now the only Hobbit I am missing is Merry, someday ..... :dunno

Hobbits

I have to agree with you that Frodo is one of the best pieces. I have just recently been lured in by the SSW LOTR addiction (in the last month, I have purchased: Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf the Grey, Aragorn Son of Arathorn, King Elessar, Arwen, Frodo, Sam & Bill, Merry, Pippen, Boromir, Bilbo, Gollum as Gollum, Eowyn, Morgul Lord, Ringwraith on Steed, Gandalf on Shadowfax, Theoden, Saruman, Wormtongue, Gothmog on Warg, and King of the Dead!). Of them all, I really like the Frodo and the Sam & Bill. Those would be the 2 pieces I would keep if I ever had to sell.

Re: Hobbits

Dam Warlock you've been on a hell of a roll haven't ya!?! Nice choices and welcome to being a poly addict:lol

Addiction!

Yeah, I've been selling other collectibles I no longer want to fund my addiction! I've had to pay a bit more for Sam & Bill, RWOS and Aragorn than I wanted, but I've done pretty good with prices overall. I probably won't chase some of the expensive "creature" pieces (Cave Troll, Moria Orc Swordsman, Archer, Uruk-Hai Scout, Balrog, Witch King Trueform), since I want to concentrate more on the "character" pieces. In addition to the previously-listed pieces, I have Galadriel, Sauron, Aragorn at the Black Gates, and Legolas/Gimli on Arod pre-ordered. I may eventually pick up the cheaper "creature" pieces ( Ugluk, Uruk-Hai Berserker, Orc Overseer, Orc Warrior, Orc Pitmaster, Orc Brute, Lurtz) and maybe Elrond, Easterling, Harradrim and Galadhrim Archer. I'm on the fence about Gandalf the White; it's a nice piece, but seems superfluous considering I have Gandalf on Shadowfax already.
I don't know how I've neglected these pieces for 4+ years, they're great! I buy a lot of other Sideshow products (Universal Monsters, POTA, X-Files, Bond, etc). And I guess I've been too busy collecting the Topps cards & ToyBiz figures! Now, I need to invest in a couple of nice glass-enclosed display cabinets. Any suggestions where to look ?

Re: Addiction!

Dam, you have a very very nice collection in the making. Take pics when you can.

I actually prefer GTW over GTW/SF, the likeness to Ian McKellen is FAR better on GTW, and he fits in just nicely on my shelf with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Boromir! Reminds me of the scene in Fangorn. Best Gandalf likeness in the line, apart from the GTW bust..

Ironic that a GoSF can be had for near the same price as GtW.

You never know what is gonna be "hot" I guess. :dunno

GTW

Oh, Great! Just when I had myself convinced I didn't need/want a GTW ! I'm such an easy mark! It is officially "on my list" now!

Re: GTW

I don't like GTW at all, but to each his own. It seems a bit superfluous to get GTW when GOSF is close to the same price. I guess I just think differently than many people here.

GOSF is tied with the RWOS as my favorite piece. I just got Gothmog today, and it looks amazing with those 2. :banana

Edit: I also noticed that you said GTW looks "superfluous" when compared to GOSF. What are the odds we both made that exact statement? :lol

Re: GTW

There's just something about GTW/Shadowfax....part of it may be the pose, part of it may be the BAD likeness to McKellan, part of it may be that it's displayed so high up that whenever I look at it all I can see is Shadowfax's c*ck.
But Gandalf On Shadowfax is....well.....iconic! They're a package in the latter part of LOTR in the book. A team.
In the GTW statue you can very clearly see the likeness to Ian McKellan.

Back