Statue Blitzway Vito Corleone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are phone pics. I'm telling you, wait for proper pics from a real camera. Agree, it looks washed out in those pics, but that's because of the quality of the photo.

If I take pics of my Damtoys T800 with my phone it looks the same. Paint looks flat. Taken with an SLR it looks incredible.

For me the main thing that's bugging me is the tux. It just looks a little to big. That and while I overall like the head sculpt, it's looks a little off looking at it head on, but the side angles look 100% spot on. It could just be me though.

For me the main thing that's bugging me is the tux. It just looks a little to big. That and while I overall like the head sculpt, it's looks a little off looking at it head on, but the side angles look 100% spot on. It could just be me though.

Yeah I hear ya. I think the tux is well fitted up top, but pants look a a bit big. Still, most of these mixed media statues usually look pretty average straight out of the box. A bit of steam from an iron and some adjusting of the clothing goes a long way.

I remember when I got my Dark Knight Joker premium format, the clothing looked horrible out of the box. I hit it with a steamer and then adjusted everything and it looked perfect. I suspect it will be the same case here.

I think in hand this statue will really be something special. People always tend to panic at the first in-hand pics as people tend to just take the statue straight out of the box and take a pic with their phone which makes it look bad.

Some better quality pics I just found on Instagram. This is easily the best Godfather collectible I've seen, can't wait to get it!

20190609_161534.jpg
20190609_161519.jpg
20190609_161506.jpg
20190609_161453.jpg
20190609_161435.jpg
20190609_161412.jpg
20190609_161352.jpg
20190609_161333.jpg
20190609_161319.jpg
20190609_161304.jpg
20190609_161244.jpg

Ok after being shown in hand pics then seeing that I think there's a difference.

The sculpt still lacks some paint detail but appears alot nicer. The clothing they've clearly ironed or something...... I take that back this looks pretty decent.
I'll probably pick one up cast the head and sell on as I'm not a fan of the pose or statue's.

Non the less I was wrong pics above are solid 8 out of 10.

Looks awesome! Paint looks damn good i'm happy cant wait for mine to come in

Yep...I usually try to avoid the early picture hyperbole laden freak out phase...but this one does not appear to have come together. Paint does not look so good, sculpt is appearing to be almost caricature-like, skinny skinny body is not accurate and makes the head appear to be disproportionate. This just went from Instant-Buy to Instant-Pass.

You want to retract?

Probably that's the prototype

What??? It's clearly in a collector's house. Time to admit that you jumped the gun and were too critical, too early. Those pics you hated were just bad photography straight out of the box plain and simple.
b88c197bf79986c82d1b9ae95e404a27.gif

What??? It's clearly in a collector's house. Time to admit that you jumped the gun and were too critical, too early. Those pics you hated were just bad photography straight out of the box plain and simple.
b88c197bf79986c82d1b9ae95e404a27.gif

LMAO @ the gif. Happens all the time man. People are so quick to crap on a statue on the first horrible pics shown. If you have been in this hobby long enough then you should know to be patient and wait for better pics and then judge, as statues can look dramatically different depending on lighting and how much time the collector took to adjust the statue before taking the pictures, camera used etc...

More importantly, anyone who is familiar with Blitzway knows that they almost always nail their production pieces. They do beautiful work. I own 2 of their statues and this will be my 3rd.

I don't have any Blitzway statues, but I have the Ghostbusters 1/6 and the Fight Club set. Reality for both of those was that they were not quite as good as the prototypes but still pretty nice. And both of those sets got roasted early with rough pics same as this.

I don't have any Blitzway statues, but I have the Ghostbusters 1/6 and the Fight Club set. Reality for both of those was that they were not quite as good as the prototypes but still pretty nice. And both of those sets got roasted early with rough pics same as this.

Yeah I've seen those in-hand and they were quite nice, although not as good as the prototypes. Rarely do statues or figures match the prototype anyway, but I think this piece comes pretty damn close and Blitzway's production pieces are usually pretty nice.

More importantly, anyone who is familiar with Blitzway knows that they almost always nail their production pieces. They do beautiful work. I own 2 of their statues and this will be my 3rd.

I used to perpetually be on the hunt for the HT Godfather figure but never bit because of the high price. I can now pass on the 1/6. Vito is better as a statue I think. Not really a character that needs to be put in a ton of poses, and I like the direction Blitzway went with the pose and the base. Hope they someday make Michael.

I used to perpetually be on the hunt for the HT Godfather figure but never bit because of the high price. I can now pass on the 1/6. Vito is better as a statue I think. Not really a character that needs to be put in a ton of poses, and I like the direction Blitzway went with the pose and the base. Hope they someday make Michael.

I had the Hot Toys, it was an excellent figure with the chair and backdrop, made for an excellent display, but I sold it when I got rid of all my figures in favour of statue collecting. I wanted to keep it but it just didn't fit in with the rest of my collection.

I had always hoped a decent statue would be made instead and actually emailed Blitzway around 2-3 years ago asking them to consider a Godfather statue. I would have preferred him on a chair, but I still love what they've created. A very classy piece.

I agree that this would have been great if he was posed in his office chair but I'm looking forward to refurbish this piece. Also looking forward to the soon to be incoming pictures. [emoji846]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back