Statue Blitzway Vito Corleone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might sound crazy

Need some advice I am considering buying 1:4 Godfather to chop the sculpt, cast + repaint it for my custom 1:4 poseable version.

Figured it would be a cheaper way instead of hiring a sculptor as it's decent. question is how easy would taking it off and having it casted be?

new pics

View attachment 455991
View attachment 455992
View attachment 455993

While I dont own a Blitzway piece, the head on the Sharon Stone statue was removable as it used magnets. This looks like it could be the same but I can't say for certain

Body is a little on the thin side, but it's still a nice piece. Clothes just need adjusting. Could probably add some stuffing under the suit to fatten him up a bit. I hate it when collectors take mixed media statues straight out of the box and take pics without taking the time to adjust and futz the clothes.

Where are those pics from anyway? As for the head, you'll need to wait and see if it's removable. The Rocky head was removable.

The head sculpt looks good to me and the base looks classy. My only urge would be to want to pull up his pants (or get him a tighter belt) since they seem to be a bit saggy. I've decided to wait for more in-hand photos/reviews.

Thanks guys hopefully it is removable. To be honest if I could find someone who has it that would be willing to cast the head or do it themselves I'd pay saves me spending out just to sell back on again lol.

They were from Instagram bud :)

Disaster :slap

61778514_2496466407031486_3295467709742972928_n.jpg

How is it a disaster? Just needs his pants adjusted. As usual people freak out over the first crappy in hand pics. Just wait until some decent photos are taken before judging.

Perhaps it would benefit from a bit bulking up in a couple spots but Vito was not as heavy as people seem to remember.
89c6269b2712206adffb381935a8fb73.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

New photo I reckon the sculpt with a repaint would look good. But should you have to fork out for it? Blitzway always seem to drop the ball with final.
View attachment 456271

The sculpt is fine, you're just judging it on a poor photo. People did this with the Damtoys Terminator statue as well and in hand the headsculpt looks amazing.

Have you seen a Blitzway piece in person? I own 2 of them and as far as head sculpts go, they are spot on in comparison to the prototype. This won't need a repaint.

Have faith guys...this will turn out great.

If the head is removable would anyone here be willing to cast their sculpt? I'd be willing to pay around £200 for the service. Saves me buying one only to resell :rotfl:rotfl

How is it a disaster? Just needs his pants adjusted. As usual people freak out over the first crappy in hand pics. Just wait until some decent photos are taken before judging.

Dude the face looks retarded, that's not Marlon Brando. The Hot Toys version is smaller and older, but it's much better

564812614268501407.jpg

vs

61778514_2496466407031486_3295467709742972928_n.jpg

There is no comparison. Hot Toys > Blitzway

Dude the face looks retarded, that's not Marlon Brando. The Hot Toys version is smaller and older, but it's much better

View attachment 456576

vs

View attachment 456577

Think it kinda depends here they look spot on but the statue which I was sent a video of looks lack luster.
I will say I loved the Hot toys piece still one of the best!

60643280_196616207987089_7880304140454901697_n (1).jpg

View attachment 456576

vs

View attachment 456577

I had the Hot Toys and sold it. Nice sculpt and one of my favourite figures, but you literally picked the worst picture of this statue to compare which is silly. As shown in the close up pics of the head sculpt just posted by Godfather1408, they're clearly much better pics and the likeness to Marlon Brando is spot on.

People said the same thing about the Damtoys T800 when bad pictures showed up. In hand, it's the best Arnold sculpt I've seen. The earlier factory pics posted by Blitzway of this piece look amazing.

Just wait until some proper pics show up before judging. Blitzway have yet to release a bad statue and all their sculpts have been spot on. Have faith man...this will look great in hand.

The Hot Toys was a nice piece for it's time, but no way would I take that over this.

That is exactly what I meant by repaint the likeness is there just washed out by shoody paint apps. I've seen more in hand pics can say if they painted like the proto the likeness would hugely improve.

But waiting on a review.

That is exactly what I meant by repaint the likeness is there just washed out by shoody paint apps. I've seen more in hand pics can say if they painted like the proto the likeness would hugely improve.

But waiting on a review.
Can you share some of these in hand pics? I'm still debating on purchasing it and the more pics the easier the decision will be.

Those are phone pics. I'm telling you, wait for proper pics from a real camera. Agree, it looks washed out in those pics, but that's because of the quality of the photo.

If I take pics of my Damtoys T800 with my phone it looks the same. Paint looks flat. Taken with an SLR it looks incredible.

Back