[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those unpainted sculpts were amazing.

Yup, which is why a number of folks (me included) are considering doing it justice with a repaint -- that, of course, is after some of us actually get to see this thing in hand. But it does seem the prod app loss from the proto is 30-35 percent, mostly in the detail, which is not good but consistent with some of their other releases, Durden for e.g.

Mine will ship in about 10 days so I'll certainly post pics in the New Year.

Last edited:
yelim did a nice paint one year ago, but I still prefer the eyes (iris) more up, so repaint is the way to go

Best shot of the white outfit portrait so far, a bit flat in expression still but shows the overall head still has potential.

47582311_351826495610852_6100068872604346945_n.jpg

Relative to Hot Toys pricing, cost seems to be most towards the chair/dolly accessories and the unique body parts.

I still find that seated pose interesting -- I wonder if he can sit more forward, more intense? Of course the expression is too placid.

I'd love to see the masked head (unmasked) on the seated figure.

Posing is as much a selling point of expression as paint, even with the more neutral head paint, a less loungy looking posture would go a long way.

The figure was essentially made to replicate this.

anthony-hopkins-the-silence-of-the-lambs-1991-BNPX6D.jpg

It's too bad he basically has to do the opposite pose in the chair to achieve his feet touching the ground because of the chair height. I mean come on, what is with these companies? Does literally no one check this crap before making 1,000 of these things?

Back