[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't pull it out the head, but should be just a standard ball joint.

The feet not touching while on the chair is really a fail on their part. Its funny, its semi-acknowledged even in the instruction manual. Reading it to see if there was a way to lower the chair, which I don't think you can. The picture in the booklet has him in a position that his feet is touching the ground but you see he is in a semi weird half squat position in order to achieve it. Suppose if the wheels were pulled off, it that would fix the problem.

So obviously the 1/6 creators have a problem with chairs....

Same problem with HT Emperors throne

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Hmmm. That's super weird about the chair.
How about the magnetic hands.. does it have pretty good articulation in the shoulder area? can you rotate the hands in the plug area?

There is motion range (standard front, back, sideways)but its kinda annoying as the damn things keep on popping off.
So its better to move the shoulders to the pose you want and then plug the arms in. However there is only so many poses you can do with 2 straight arms, one bent, and a pair of clapsed hands.

There is motion range (standard front, back, sideways)but its kinda annoying as the damn things keep on popping off.
So its better to move the shoulders to the pose you want and then plug the arms in. However there is only so many poses you can do with 2 straight arms, one bent, and a pair of clapsed hands.

I see, thanks for explainin it. Can the straight arms rotated at the joint though? or it's locked in one pose only at the joint?

It is really strange to do a video where you show him in the plastic bubble, but don't take him out of the box. I'm still not seeing anything that surprises me too much here, but will plan on keeping him on the dolly with the mask on.

It is really strange to do a video where you show him in the plastic bubble, but don't take him out of the box. I'm still not seeing anything that surprises me too much here, but will plan on keeping him on the dolly with the mask on.

Me too, mask on. Getting billed on the 19th by TW who gets it in stock week of 12/30.

BTW, that video is by a Seller. STILL haven't seen one video review.

Not that impressive if you ask me. Considering even the standard is more than a lot of Hot Toys figures the fact that it’s a very basic outfit and not many accessories it leaves a lot to be desired. The gurney is the way to go because it looks a bit better if he’s wearing the mask and that probably is the more iconic look but meh.

Actually I think SW ourworld version, looks better

They’re quite different, Blitzway looks more realistic while SW Ourworld looks more expressive.

62D947A2-BBB2-4D35-9E58-694F6B087F4D.jpeg

Comparing pics, it seems like the closed mouth sculpt changed, particularly around the brow line, looks very relaxed on the final figure compared to the prototype, eye paint may not be helping either.

032EB860-2CF0-4F96-9A66-5718B86F9CFE.jpeg

E85BBD88-1173-41BF-B8D6-2C96420597D5.jpeg

BAA7E97A-76E5-4851-BC38-B5DBEC91F452.jpeg

BDF64DAE-ACBD-46A0-A425-D7B7B120754C.jpg

Even though Blitzway has a better overall realism, I’m not sure now that I want to replace the head on my custom, I’m not feeling the blank stare.

670A5B64-CD5B-4B94-9FDA-53CA43244197.jpeg

82B0371C-D9BE-41B1-8F0F-7BD22EA3D44C.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

I'm sorry, but don't you see guys, then SW cartoon looking head can't be compared with Blitzway? Eyes aren't in place ,face shape have wrong lower part, nose isn't his...In big lines- it's not sir Hopkins there.Even with bad paintup and not so crazy expression- Blitzway sculpt have Hopkins face details and no doubts who's the guy...Even on yours made ,not hd pics.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

imo the Blitz sculpt is very good but the paint app is really amateurish. They obviously got a top painter for the promo. Maybe in hand it is much better and yes we need to see more vids of the fig.

It took a very long time for the final Production piece to surface and finally when it does we’re lingering on the same images for the last three weeks. Added we have one “very Lazy” you tube unboxing!!

"It just don’t make any sense" - Billy

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

Its all in the paint.....its the same sculpt....

All the wrinkles and details do not need to be sculpted to look that way.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I second that. It’s litsrally paint and only paint. Yelim painted the prototype, she paints in ways that are bespoke. I know because I paint and I also have her work. The way someone like JC Hong paints is actually really interesting because he does so in a way that allows for proper production replication (he has those techniques in mind when protptyping)

This is often why I feel HT sculpts end up looking a little flat and generic. Never underestimate how much likeness comes from the most subtle of paint nuances.

Blitzway isn’t the only company who has this issue but hits the most glaring because the quality of their product is high and expectations are high. Literally all of their products have looked far worse in production because they don’t have the advantage of being hand painted prototypes.

Back