[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this needs a repaint anyway. Opportunity to add the bald spot then.

Looking forward to the first decent video review. Not falling for the Durden first pics trap.

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

In the White Prison promo pics the headsculpt appears to have a bald spot, unless it's the lighting
0677faaaa7b7f333d7cf1b6b43ed3d3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

so that means, again they went and f'ed up the production paint job then.

I understand it's tough to pull off prototype paint though production but it you go ahead and hire someone like Yelim to do the photos and have zero confidence you can see through the detail... I'm not even talking the quality but the detail (and this is a pretty damn big detail) then it's almost like false advertising in a way hiring one of the best painters in the biz on a prototype.

I spend my life painting ball spot on every damn Hannibal I ever had. I was really looking forward to finally having to not due that for once.

41910E7D-C2A9-4427-98C8-5AD8C5147897.jpg

Crap, first pics are in. I don’t know
Lecter looks like a freaking wax figure
in a museum.
Arggh. Pics came out super small

The paint apps does not look too
Good

Wait were are saying this is bad?

Like we did Tyler and the GB....when they were not?I mean......its never going to be the proto level guys....I thought people would have figured that out by now....

Looks decent to me..

Ghostbusters are the only Blitzway figures I own. Going by those the drop off from proto to production is quite a bit more than we see from the average Hot Toys figure.

Blitzway are frustrating. I love the niche licences they go for and their prototypes are always great. But they take an age to release anything and deliver such average paint apps. You'd think only releasing a couple of figures every 18 months everything would be spot on.

Annoyingly HT still have no real competition.

Like we did Tyler and the GB....when they were not?I mean......its never going to be the proto level guys....I thought people would have figured that out by now....

Looks decent to me..

Yep...the first pictures could actually have been pictures of the real Anthony Hopkins being pulled out of a giant cardboard box and giant plastic tray and people would be screaming about the figure being a disaster and a deal breaking drop from the prototype. We should probably start the countdown for the "amazing figure in hand" comments to start rolling in...

I don't need studio lighting or high quality to see that they missed that bald spot and that lack of attention to detail when it was clear it was in the prototype makes me believe that they didn't care to reference her paint job as close as possible overall.

I'd never expect this to look like Yelim's prototype but now I'm expecting it to look nothing like it.

Looks decent to me..

Looks fine to me. I abhor the community for these typical cyclical reactions.

I'm sure that better pics will look better then whats shown now, but expectations will also be downgraded as well.

The grinning sculpt came out better. Even if the expression and details come out better without the harsh lighting, a lot of the fine details in the paint seem gone. Like BurningRage said.... threezero paint.

Back