[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The busters were nearly a year off of their original estimate, Hannibal isn’t coming anytime soon.

How do you know that? And how do you base your calculus?

GB was 4 figures with tons of complex parts, accessories and electronics. This is basically ONE figure with a chair, billy club and gurney. Yes, there are three versions BUT with one body, two sets of arms and a few accessories.

I'd say it's much closer to being released within a reasonable window. Hoping for an update soon.

If this comes out at all in 2019...
giphy.gif

GB was 4 figures with tons of complex parts, accessories and electronics. This is basically ONE figure with a chair, billy club and gurney. Yes, there are three versions BUT with one body, two sets of arms and a few accessories.

I'd say it's much closer to being released within a reasonable window. Hoping for an update soon.

You couldn’t be more wrong. From a design standpoint the Ghostbusters set was essentially a single figure with 3 additional portraits. These two Lecter figures will have no reuse that I know of. Maybe their shoes? Also, sculpting arms is an added effort and expense that most 1/6 figures don’t have.

If Blitzway marketed a single Ghostbusters figure with all 4 portraits, all accessories and interchangeable name tags and also did the same with a single product that included everything from both Lecters the Lecter set would cost twice as much.

Really? :lol Couldn't disagree more. So we won't see it this year, is that what you're saying?

We'll see...

You couldn’t be more wrong. From a design standpoint the Ghostbusters set was essentially a single figure with 3 additional portraits. These two Lecter figures will have no reuse that I know of. Maybe their shoes? Also, sculpting arms is an added effort and expense that most 1/6 figures don’t have.

If Blitzway marketed a single Ghostbusters figure with all 4 portraits, all accessories and interchangeable name tags and also did the same with a single product that included everything from both Lecters the Lecter set would cost twice as much.

:lecture

Sure the proton pack complicated things but this is just another guy in a jumpsuit too. His gurney and chair will be his proton pack delay.

Plus has that basic instinct statue shipped yet? She went up before Lecter.

I know, BM, BW takes their time but I doubt these will be delayed for an extended period. There's just not a whole lot to them.

BTW, I exchanged emails with Steve @ TW today -- he contacted BF a few days ago and has NOT heard back. :lol

OMG, not Bluefin again! :rotfl

I always prefer companies to take their time to get it right rather than rush to meet some arbitrary, non existent deadline. BCS rushed their Bond figures to get them out by Christmas and the figures were very prone to paint loss. Had they taken their time, the figures wouldn’t have looked shaken and stirred when they arrived.

Hannibal is not complex figure. If HT can do Batman Arkham Knight in less one year, why they cant do Lecter?

Oh I forgot because Blitzway is so masterful making lifelike figure, HT making inferior products. All heil, Blitzway.

Some strange people on here
Eh, I find those who are buyin' and defending Sideshow's figures and statues more strange than those who think they know anything about how 1/6 scale figure making companies work.

Hannibal is not complex figure. If HT can do Batman Arkham Knight in less one year, why they cant do Lecter?

Oh I forgot because Blitzway is so masterful making lifelike figure, HT making inferior products. All heil, Blitzway.

Maybe it has something to do with the HUGE size difference between the leader in 1/6 and a company that puts out maybe 1 figure a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always prefer companies to take their time to get it right rather than rush to meet some arbitrary, non existent deadline. BCS rushed their Bond figures to get them out by Christmas and the figures were very prone to paint loss. Had they taken their time, the figures wouldn’t have looked shaken and stirred when they arrived.

Totally agree re: rushing stuff out although I believe the major BCS GF flaw was in their unsecured packaging.

20150915_224644.jpg

Sold my iminime bash awhile ago and regret it ever since, so ready for this fig to come back home.

Back