[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if the dolly arms articulate? I'm guessing they are static, which is okay if I can score a blue jumpsuit somewhere but I'd rather they could articulate if I had my druthers.

Specs say

1 Pair of Arms & Hands in Straitjacket

Honestly this is way too expensive for what it is in my opinion. People would be giving Hot Toys so much crap if they released the same figure at the same price point. Blitzway gets a free pass despite being overall less proven. Don't really get the logic of this forum other than it's an out of the ordinary license which some people seem to crave.

That's a mystery. But it might be best if they are sculpted. With the Iminime Lector figure, I had to take the hands off to get the straight jacket to really fit well. With pegged hands that can create a problem, so if they're sculpted it would ultimately look more natural but still potentially fit.

Honestly this is way too expensive for what it is in my opinion. People would be giving Hot Toys so much crap if they released the same figure at the same price point. Blitzway gets a free pass despite being overall less proven. Don't really get the logic of this forum other than it's an out of the ordinary license which some people seem to crave.
Maybe you can argue that with the chair version, but for the figure with the dolly? That's a pretty intricate accessory. And Hot Toys is charging $230 for a figure in Tarkin that's not too far removed from what you're getting with the white shirt Lector (Lector actually has more going for him with the sculpted arms). But then, I shelled out over $400 for a Lector figure by himself a couple years ago, so putting this in perspective, this is a terrific deal.

It's really difficult choosing a version when they're both great but kinda complete each like if you switched the headsculpts you would get the perfect figure. Also, having them in a limited amount of poses not making it easier.

the Shirt version while looks good IMO not as worthy. I mean they tried to maintain the same price as the strapped version by giving you 3 fixed arm?

are the arms on the body articulated or fixed?

Does anyone know the significance of the sign that comes with the dolly version (Hurt, Agony, etc.)? If that's from the movie, I somehow missed it... several times.

Thanks

Maybe you can argue that with the chair version, but for the figure with the dolly? That's a pretty intricate accessory. And Hot Toys is charging $230 for a figure in Tarkin that's not too far removed from what you're getting with the white shirt Lector (Lector actually has more going for him with the sculpted arms). But then, I shelled out over $400 for a Lector figure by himself a couple years ago, so putting this in perspective, this is a terrific deal.

As someone who also bought the (somewhat lacking) Iminime version and paid over $350 for a custom dolly alone, these sets represent real good value as far as i'm concerned. Not only for what is included with each version, but also the quality we can rightfully expect given Blitzway's track record so far. At one point in time I would have been willing to shell out close to the cost of one of these sets just for a quality Lecter headsculpt and a mask that was the correct colour.

Does anyone know the significance of the sign that comes with the dolly version (Hurt, Agony, etc.)? If that's from the movie, I somehow missed it... several times.

Thanks

It's seen early in the movie when Clarice is in training and jogging around in a sweaty Jodie Foster style

Thinking of going for the straight jacket version. I am assuming that the cart will be entirely plastic because metal is not mentioned in the product description. Too bad. Lol at Q1 release though. When has blitzway ever turned out a figure in less than a year?

Tarkin is a different situation since he's a character that's probably not going to move big numbers. They're probably making him to serve the demand but doing so in limited numbers so a higher price makes sense. A character like this probably has a bit more appeal as it's a popular film and an iconic character. An argument could maybe be made for the version with the dolly to be the price it is but the regular version is definitely overpriced in my opinion. Also making comparisons to a custom figure isn't a great meter for pricing. Custom pieces are almost always more expensive.

I can pretty much guarantee that a second tier Hot Toys Star Wars character like Tarkin will sell many, many more figures than a major player in a movie like Silence of the Lambs from a company other than Hot Toys.

Of course, I was only describing my own calculation with the custom, and don't expect others to make the same comparison.

Thanks

It's seen early in the movie when Clarice is in training and jogging around in a sweaty Jodie Foster style

Strange thing to include.

Y'know, I've never seen Silence of the Lambs, but in the hoopla over this figure, I finally sat down and watched it.

I noticed the sign at the beginning of the movie and thought to myself, "Of, that's the accessory from the figure. It will definitely show up near the end of the film as a climactic plot point"

Only it didn't.

And I'm confused by it's inclusion.

When I saw the sign as an accessory, it reminded me of the sins from Se7en , and I figured it would be something like that. Like, Lecter would point out elements of Bill's character that correspond to those things.

Anyways, I kinda understand Blitzway's decision to not do the blue jumpsuit. As mentioned before, Lecter doesn't really DO anything while wearing it. He just stands there, or sits there, in the dark. And with their decision to kinda do diorama pieces with the figure, it would be difficult to do any sections of the cell in a cost effective manner. I imagine it was probably just easier to do the dolly version, seeing as how that part is iconic and do the white jumpsuit version as it is a bit more action oriented and lends itself more towards posing.

I can pretty much guarantee that a second tier Hot Toys Star Wars character like Tarkin will sell many, many more figures than a major player in a movie like Silence of the Lambs from a company other than Hot Toys.

Of course, I was only describing my own calculation with the custom, and don't expect others to make the same comparison.
True, but I meant in terms of why Hot Toys priced him the way they did compared with other Star Wars characters that's why he's more. Really if you go back and look a lot of the major players from Star Wars have been around $230 or less.

I don't know if Hannibal will be a hot seller but I definitely think the potential is there for it to move a fair number. It's got a lot going for it with the film and character being iconic plus Hopkins being one of the best actors of all time. It won't do Star Wars numbers but it should still do well.

I'm assuming there is a big licensing fee for this. Otherwise we'd see more Hannibal figures out there. The higher price is likely to adjust for that fee. I know there is goofy stuff with the SotL license. For example, Buffalo Bill and Clarice were off limits to the NBC Hannibal TV series because the rights to characters that originated in SotL were held under a separate license. As such, I would highly doubt a Clarice or Buffalo Bill figure to accompany these Hannibals. Not sure if they had to license Hannibal AND SotL separately or what that process is, but I remember it was a major victory when NECA went thru the hoops and got their figures made. They have had similar issues with Halloween. They produced figures from it once, but haven't gone back despite the demand being there, because the cost of the licensing fee is so high they don't think they'd be able to price the figures at a reasonable price (ie above their current $25 range).

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

In what scene does he wear the grill mask. It's been so long have not watched the Movie. Struggling to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

the grill mask. the one in your first screen grab i guess...

The mask that looks like a grill?

SotL_1388.jpg

Or the classic mask?

SotL_1438.jpg

Lots of screencaps here, running through the entire film :

https://kissthemgoodbye.net/horrors/thumbnails.php?album=36

Back