Statue BLITZWAY- Rocky II - 1/4th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to see yours arrived perfectly!

Thanks SAB, me too, considering my luck with the ETD piece :lol although I did notice when I got it, the head was very loose and basically fell out of the shirt when I took it out of the box. I tried to put back into the torso but it still sat loose. I had to take it out completely to see what was going on, and it looks like the shape of the peg didn't quite line up with the hole in the torso perfectly. This required me to force it in by pressing it in with some force, but it did manage to go all the way in. Just needed a bit of force.

My only complaint with the statue itself is that the torso seems to lean a bit too much to the left. Makes the pose look a little awkward from some angles, would have looked better if his torso was more upright. Also, this isn't really a complaint but more of an observation, but I noticed his arms aren't made of that translucent material that Bruce Lee was, but rather painted solid with no transparency. Not a big deal by any means, just surprised they didn't go the same route they did with E.T.D Bruce, as it would've added an extra touch of realism.

From a quality point of view, it's perfect. so much detail has been put into this piece, and nothing looks like an afterthought. Everything looks so nicely done.

Looks good man. I didnt know pop cultcha were going to get this so ordered mine threw secret compass. I thought pop cultcha would of been one of the last people to get it all the way down here in Aus congrats man.

Cheers bro, yeah they were late to the party on this one. They got the previous Bruce Lee statues by Blitzway so when this was announced I thought they'd get this too, but when I contacted them about it they said they weren't getting it in. They must have changed their mind though as it ended up on their site a couple of months later, lol.

I honestly think this is (to this point) the best 1/4 mixed media statue ever made....
.... but does anyone find they end up staring at the dog more than Rocky? :D

I didn't expect them to put so much care and detail into what is essentially an accessory I guess...

I honestly think this is (to this point) the best 1/4 mixed media statue ever made....
.... but does anyone find they end up staring at the dog more than Rocky? :D

I didn't expect them to put so much care and detail into what is essentially an accessory I guess...

I agree with you man. Everything about this is spot on, and the transition from prototype to production was perfect.

The dog is pretty awesome haha. Looks very convincing from a distance! I feel like this was meant to be a dio with both the dog and Rocky. Everything has been given so much care though, even the base, which looks phenomenal. Love how they even added the dog's ball lol which is a pretty useless accessory but a nice touch anyways.

That's actually not a dog ball. It's the handball that Rocky tosses around, bounces, and squeezes in the first two films, and then again recently in Creed. Here's an article I found about it...

Thanks to Sylvester Stallone’s decision to auction over 1,000 pieces of his movie career memorabilia in December, 2015, we are able to learn a little bit more about the finer details of his most iconic film character – even down to the specifics about the little black rubber ball that Rocky Balboa bounced around in the original Rocky and Rocky II.

“This ball was very symbolic in Rocky’s life,” Stallone explains of the handball, today a vintage collector’s item. “It’s the only thing that he really had that would take his mind off of his problems. He’d be bouncin’ the ball, almost in a meditative state, so it became part of his persona. And they don’t even make these kind of balls anymore – they’re impossible to find today, so it’s a piece of history now.”

Balboa is first seen with the ball during the very first scene of the original Rocky when Stallone’s name and the title ROCKY appear on screen following his fight with Spider Rico. Stallone plays with the handball constantly during nearly every scene in which he’s strolling the streets of Philadelphia.

Memorably, the ball appears in the scene in which Mr. Gazzo takes him aside aside on a deserted Philadelphia sidestreet to reprimand him for not breaking a guy’s thumbs. As Gazzo drives off, Rocky pulls out the rubber ball from his jacket pocket and bounces it on the pavement as he walks away from the camera. Rocky also toys with the ball in the pet shop when he stops in to ask Adrian for a date to a basketball game; he actually enters the pet shop with the ball between his gloved hands, rolling it around to keep his hands warm.

Fast forward to Rocky II and the ball is still a part of Rocky’s character; he is shown playing with it in the hospital corridor while waiting for Adrian’s report from her obstetrician.

An interesting deleted scene from 2006’s Rocky Balboa brings even more insight into the handball’s meaning when an older Rocky explains to Little Marie’s son Steps about the value of training yourself to develop endurance and fight through pain or discomfort.

“I think workin’ hard makes your head strong. You know like, when I was a kid, I’d stare up at these street lights for like 30 minutes and try not to blink. Or I’d be squeezin’ a ball until I thought my hand was gonna explode. I was teachin’ myself to be uncomfortable – cause I knew bein’ uncomfortable might come in handy someday like when I was in the ring and such.”

Rocky’s ball even makes an appearance in the 2015 spinoff movie, Creed. Rocky can be seen bouncing the ball in the hospital sequences of the film. It is not known as of this writing whether the ball used on screen in Creed is the exact same ball used in Rocky and Rocky II, although it looks very similar.

The real handball used in the film was made by the Seamless Rubber Company – a Connecticut rubber maker which is long out of business – and as Stallone himself said, handballs like this are no longer available on today’s market. Seamless produced high quality rubber balls going as far back as the 19th century; Rocky’s particular style, the 555, was the first official ball of the AHU (Amateur Handball Union) which later became the USHA (United States Handball Association).

What a beautiful piece!! I hope mine arrives as nice as yours. Absolutely perfect face! Congrats

That's actually not a dog ball. It's the handball that Rocky tosses around, bounces, and squeezes in the first two films, and then again recently in Creed. Here's an article I found about it...

Thanks to Sylvester Stallone’s decision to auction over 1,000 pieces of his movie career memorabilia in December, 2015, we are able to learn a little bit more about the finer details of his most iconic film character – even down to the specifics about the little black rubber ball that Rocky Balboa bounced around in the original Rocky and Rocky II.

“This ball was very symbolic in Rocky’s life,” Stallone explains of the handball, today a vintage collector’s item. “It’s the only thing that he really had that would take his mind off of his problems. He’d be bouncin’ the ball, almost in a meditative state, so it became part of his persona. And they don’t even make these kind of balls anymore – they’re impossible to find today, so it’s a piece of history now.”

Balboa is first seen with the ball during the very first scene of the original Rocky when Stallone’s name and the title ROCKY appear on screen following his fight with Spider Rico. Stallone plays with the handball constantly during nearly every scene in which he’s strolling the streets of Philadelphia.

Memorably, the ball appears in the scene in which Mr. Gazzo takes him aside aside on a deserted Philadelphia sidestreet to reprimand him for not breaking a guy’s thumbs. As Gazzo drives off, Rocky pulls out the rubber ball from his jacket pocket and bounces it on the pavement as he walks away from the camera. Rocky also toys with the ball in the pet shop when he stops in to ask Adrian for a date to a basketball game; he actually enters the pet shop with the ball between his gloved hands, rolling it around to keep his hands warm.

Fast forward to Rocky II and the ball is still a part of Rocky’s character; he is shown playing with it in the hospital corridor while waiting for Adrian’s report from her obstetrician.

An interesting deleted scene from 2006’s Rocky Balboa brings even more insight into the handball’s meaning when an older Rocky explains to Little Marie’s son Steps about the value of training yourself to develop endurance and fight through pain or discomfort.

“I think workin’ hard makes your head strong. You know like, when I was a kid, I’d stare up at these street lights for like 30 minutes and try not to blink. Or I’d be squeezin’ a ball until I thought my hand was gonna explode. I was teachin’ myself to be uncomfortable – cause I knew bein’ uncomfortable might come in handy someday like when I was in the ring and such.”

Rocky’s ball even makes an appearance in the 2015 spinoff movie, Creed. Rocky can be seen bouncing the ball in the hospital sequences of the film. It is not known as of this writing whether the ball used on screen in Creed is the exact same ball used in Rocky and Rocky II, although it looks very similar.

The real handball used in the film was made by the Seamless Rubber Company – a Connecticut rubber maker which is long out of business – and as Stallone himself said, handballs like this are no longer available on today’s market. Seamless produced high quality rubber balls going as far back as the 19th century; Rocky’s particular style, the 555, was the first official ball of the AHU (Amateur Handball Union) which later became the USHA (United States Handball Association).

Thanks for clarifying man. Nice little bit of history there as well, thanks!

I just got my invoice from Secret Compass, looks like everyone here should have this great statue within a week.

Look who I bumped into at SDCC...

7FA6D8A6-D9DA-4E2F-B228-383E9D0F2301_zpswy5w8jf5.jpg

Back