Blitzway - Cutthroat Island: Morgan Adams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this figure grosses as much as the movie itself ... Blitzway still might not turn a profit. I can't figure their thinking on this. It wasn't a good movie. There wasn't much demand for a movie about a girl-pirate at the time, anyway. And, I haven't even heard it's name mentioned in over a decade.

And we still can't get a Barbossa.

SnakeDoc

1-16-1024x829.jpg

2-16-1024x829.jpg

3-15-768x1152.jpg

4-11-768x1152.jpg

I can see this being great for a beetlejuice bash should anyone wanna make Barbra.

Never seen or heard of the film I like anything pirates ( if it's good) so might give it a watch.
Still waiting for Barbossa but that will be like Penguin it won't happen.

It’s not the horrendous disaster that the box office made it out to be. Is it great... No. but then, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3 we’re pretty bad, as well, 4 was mediocre. So if you can stomach those, Cuttthroat Island is a simple Saturday popcorn film. Aside from a couple bad lines, it’s fine. I actually think this figure looks pretty good, and I hope they actually make it. Not because I’m a massive fan of the movie, but I like pirate movies. The more figures in this genre the better.

I downloaded the film again today.

Always thought it was better than it was given credit for, and the scenery was nice!

Look good! I'll probably get it even though I don't know the movie, it would look good on its own or with Jack Sparrow lol. I just hope that if this and Jack Black bomb it doesn't convince BW to never make obscure licenses again lol, but I guess it's unlikely they wouldn't anticipate lower sales and hopefully they prepared for it.

It's a fun romp, end of story. Does it deserve the hate? No. Does it deserve a figure? No more no less than anything that has a figure. I'm not buying, but some of the stuff I see getting made where people are drooling over I sometimes don't get.

Sometimes a figure is nice to have regardless of the source.

I regret not having got Angelica for Jack when she was not only cheap, but being given away as dunnage. But I think Morgan is a better looking female pirate figure.

The movie wasn't particularly memorable but as Geena Davis fan, this is a really good sculpt. But will the final product be as good as the prototype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes a figure is nice to have regardless of the source.

I regret not having got Angelica for Jack when she was not only cheap, but being given away as dunnage. But I think Morgan is a better looking female pirate figure.

Yeah, If I wasn't a fan of Cutthroat Island, I'd want this just for how great it looks! You can just call it your Anne Bonny figure, looks very similar to some drawings of her.

Between this, School of Rock, Mask of Zorro and Bill/Ted, is this some kind of 90's/early 2000's nostalgia sub-line?

It's an odd development, but I'm all for one-offs from cult or fun hard-genre movies of the 90's and 2000's. Look at one-offs we saw in the customs section over the years - stuff like Bill the Butcher and There Will Be Blood - that show there's demand for some of these very niche characters.

Bottom line is the 1980's has had a ton of such figures in the last few years, maybe its the turn of the 90s. Sideshow produces a figure but people seem to forget that Big Trouble in Little China is more a cult fave than an iconic property, and it was no hit at the box office.

Back