Statue Blitzway- Bruce Lee 40th Anniversary Tribute Statue (1/3 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BL arrived at work from BBTS today. :blissy Can't wait to get home and open up. Dang! I have to go camping tonight so I can't open and take pics until Sunday.

Last edited:
Mm.looks like the hands on this have been made with displaying the nunchuks in mind.the bamboo being thinner isn't supported very well.

the chuks fit snugly.but the stick being thinner is floppy (not in the original position behind him)that's kinda counterbalanced.but as I have put it in a forward facing pose,the gap in the hand is too big to fully support it.but I suppose blitzway never took into consideration some idiot like me wanting to do some alterations:lol..where's that blutack:wink1:

the chuks fit snugly.but the stick being thinner is floppy (not in the original position behind him)that's kinda counterbalanced.but as I have put it in a forward facing pose,the gap in the hand is too big to fully support it.but I suppose blitzway never took into consideration some idiot like me wanting to do some alterations:lol..where's that blutack:wink1:

Forgive me for ignorance Chris but I am not following u, how in the world do u have the stick facing a forward pose? Is it possible u could explain that with diagrams or pics from GOD? :huh

U don't mean like this right?

pFHKVvA.jpg

Last edited:
nope steve.I've been hacking at bruce..slight overstatement:lol.I have thinned and rounded-ish the peg on the right arm.so the arms can be put in different positions.i'm no expert modder,but once the sleeve is down the arm symmetry is still pretty good.(without sleeve it's off for obvious reasons the joints don't align)it gives bruce a slight bend at the elbow and his arm slighty behind but as it was my choice to do(not recommending anyone do this),i'm pretty happy.so when the stick is held,there's no real grip due to the gap being big.but I will sort it.and anyway the arm can go back to it's normal position and you'd never know it was altered.hope that gives you more insight.

nope steve.I've been hacking at bruce..slight overstatement:lol.I have thinned and rounded-ish the peg on the right arm.so the arms can be put in different positions.

OMG really? U must really want the arms in a different position then!

i'm no expert modder,but once the sleeve is down the arm symmetry is still pretty good.(without sleeve it's off for obvious reasons the joints don't align)it gives bruce a slight bend at the elbow and his arm slighty behind but as it was my choice to do(not recommending anyone do this),i'm pretty happy.so when the stick is held,there's no real grip due to the gap being big.but I will sort it.and anyway the arm can go back to it's normal position and you'd never know it was altered.hope that gives you more insight.

Not really, but I sort of get it, the right arm is facing inwards instead of outwards right? Anyway take some pics when u get a chance, I am glad u can't tell it was altered.

me and pics shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence:lol.it was just my preference,i suppose had blitzway gave a little thought on the stick scene,they mave have added another/or forward facing type arm for the statue.the statue is still mighty impressive don't get me wrong,but we have the nunchuks in many bruce figures,so the bamboo was my preferred option.and like I said I like his persona with the stick:wink1:
and as the alteration is inside rather than out,once the arm is put back to ''standard'' position it cant be seen.plus I gave the paint on the magnet a cleanoff and it's a nice strong grip.

me and pics shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence:lol.it was just my preference,i suppose had blitzway gave a little thought on the stick scene,they mave have added another/or forward facing type arm for the statue.the statue is still mighty impressive don't get me wrong,but we have the nunchuks in many bruce figures,so the bamboo was my preferred option.and like I said I like his persona with the stick:wink1:
and as the alteration is inside rather than out,once the arm is put back to ''standard'' position it cant be seen.

Does it look similar to this?

plus I gave the paint on the magnet a cleanoff and it's a nice strong grip.

So wiping the paint away made the attraction between the magnets stronger and thus, the forearms stuck to the arms tighter?

that's one pose I could do with the nunchuk arm but the hole is very big for the stick. the straighter arm is more down his side with the open part of the hand with his thumb on the inside is facing inwards or to the front.
I did find cleaning the magnet inside the peg from paint,gave it a more ''clunk'' and stronger grip.the paint possibly had a mild effect the magnets attraction.
I heard someone had a poor magnet,and the arm fell off damaging the hand.

that's one pose I could do with the nunchuk arm but the hole is very big for the stick.

Yeah I thought it would be.

the straighter arm is more down his side with the open part of the hand with his thumb on the inside is facing inwards or to the front.

Sorta like this?

But the palm is not faced down but turned up 90 degrees right holding the bamboo stick?

I did find cleaning the magnet inside the peg from paint,gave it a more ''clunk'' and stronger grip.the paint possibly had a mild effect the magnets attraction.
I heard someone had a poor magnet,and the arm fell off damaging the hand.

Yeah that is what I am afraid of, the magnets on this statue are not as strong as the ones of PF statues.

Last edited:
right here's some quick pics of both arms.and the arm back as standard.like I said it was my choice to do the mod.

Oh I see now what u meant, thanks for the pics Chris, makes so much easier to understand now. I was confused because I thought u only did one variation but there are a few here. I don't like how he looks in the first pic here above because it looks like he is crippled and the cane is giving him support.

Yep this pic above is what I thought u meant, only I didn't use the right words to explain it right. :slap So u just repositioned the forearm but it doesn't click in tight as stock ones right?

]

This one above just looks first pic where the arm hasn't been put in all the way into the socket and u just repositioned it right? It doesn't click in like this?

I don't get what am I looking at here? :huh Is it the seem? I mean the arm is actually facing the right direction, the joint doesn't appear to be modded. :dunno

Last edited:
that's the arm in the normal position after the mod(inside) steve.the 3rd pic has the arm further back.the 1st/4th pics are slight variants,the stick is further out (see line on base)and the arm is clicked in,but the elbow is further to the front.poor crippled bruce:lol it looks better inhand than my pics.
like I said the arms are secure and I gives me more pose options.not the greatest mod ever I agree, but suits my purpose.and he aint ever getting sold!!

that's the arm in the normal position after the mod(inside) steve.

That's what I thought because u mentioned that u modded the pegs inside, so I am assuming u showed that pic to show that your mod of the peg inside didn't effect the stock position the arms are suppose to be in, thus, allowing for more options.

the 3rd pic has the arm further back.the 1st/4th pics are slight variants,the stick is further out (see line on base)and the arm is clicked in,but the elbow is further to the front.poor crippled bruce:lol it looks better inhand than my pics.

Yes I know they are. I just meant they looked similar as the arm was practically vertical in both pics, but I did notice the slight reposition of the arm being further back in the first pic. ;)

like I said the arms are secure and I gives me more pose options.not the greatest mod ever I agree, but suits my purpose.

Still can't believe they just click in there like that well done. :clap

and he aint ever getting sold!!

Well even if one day it comes to that u can still display it as stock since u have not damaged it because all u have done is allowed more positions and not scrapped stock ones for new ones.

thanks steve glad you like..maybe some guys will think I went a bit OTT doing a mod,but thinning and slightly rounding the peg wasn't too difficult and the sleeve does cover the joint anyway,and I'd decided I was going to do it before I bought him,at least I haven't ripped his head off yet(mine's really well glued)I think the eyes can wait....for now.i'm pretty pleased with with the fix,and it serves my purpose.

Back