Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is the final figure then it turned out great. Everything from the packaging to the chair to the clothing to the actual figure looks top notch.

Agreed and that fact that they went the "licensed" route makes me think they'll be around for a while. Not another Subway. I would assume Scarface isn't a tough license to aquire but I sure hope they stick to the late 70's-early 80's era. More Pacino please! :)

Kind of off subject but I hope BW bring us some De niro figures in the future, seeing as HTs STILL havent done so:mad::mad::mad:
Personally, Id love a Taxi Driver figure.
Theres PLENTY of licenses that HTs shouldve went for, so hopefully BW does the right thing.

How do you know HT (or even another company) didn't already try and fail to get those licenses?

*Falling Down Military Surplus Owner Voice*

Think about it!

I didnt think about that.
But to be honest, I have no idea how it all works anyway.
Im just hoping that someone, whether its HTs, EB or BW etc, get a hold of some of these licenses at some point.

I didnt think about that.
But to be honest, I have no idea how it all works anyway.
Im just hoping that someone, whether its HTs, EB or BW etc, get a hold of some of these licenses at some point.

Pacino will not give away his likeness for anything. He signed something that went against that with scarface and now there is nothing he can do about it.

Deniro refuses to give away his likeness for anything. Many have tried to get licences for these movies, godfather, taxi driver etc.

Clint Eastwood is the same way.

You never Know, some or all of these guys might change their minds at some point. Or I hate to say this and I hope this does not happen soon, when they die there might be a possibility to use their likness on merchandise. Similar to what happened with marlon Brando.

Pacino will not give away his likeness for anything. He signed something that went against that with scarface and now there is nothing he can do about it.

Deniro refuses to give away his likeness for anything. Many have tried to get licences for these movies, godfather, taxi driver etc.

You never Know, some or all of these guys might change their minds at some point. Or I hate to say this and I hope this does not happen soon, when they die there might be a possibility to use their likness on merchandise. Similar to what happened with marlon Brando.

Hmmm....thats a huge shame for us collectors.
Any idea why they wont give their licenses away?
Again, I have absolutely no idea how this license stuff works so it just seems kind of strange to me that they would refuse.
At least now I know why we havent seen any Pacino or De Niro figs until, though.

Add to that list Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise, etc. it's not that they won't, it's just that they don't care. They can't be bothered with approving some little plastic replica of themselves. You see Bruce Willis knock-offs all the time, and the reason they keep coming out is that he just doesn't care.

There are people that come around like Anthony Hopkins, and as mentioned Marlon Brando, Bill Murray (assuming he was the reason GBs never happened) and most recently Michael J Fox.

A lot of that stuff pre-Star Wars isn't licensed, there was no such thing as licensing back then so all that stuff like Blade Runner, Godfather, Taxi Driver, The Shining, all that stuff that people want, sure you can get the rights to the movie, but you have to go to each actor individually and get their likeness rights. Do you want to pay $10,000 for the Blade Runner license, then have to pay Harrison Ford $20,000 for his likeness. . . no f'n way. Hence Blade Runner bootlegs out the ying yang. I'm sure once DeNiro and Pacino pass on, there's going to be figs coming out left and right.

Kill Bill I know has licensing issues, which is why NECA's line took such a nosedive. With Kill Bill, you only get The Bride and the Crazy 88s, that's why the first series had those characters, NECA had to negotiate with each actor in the second series. I remember reading that Lucy Liu pitched a fit when her figure was released because it didn't have her approval, that's why it's super rare, they recalled all of them.

Obviously, Matrix has issues as well. There's no way in hell if the license was available Hot Toys wouldn't be making figures and Sideshow wouldn't be making PFs of Neo, Morpheus, etc.

Hmmm....thats a huge shame for us collectors.
Any idea why they wont give their licenses away?
Again, I have absolutely no idea how this license stuff works so it just seems kind of strange to me that they would refuse.
At least now I know why we havent seen any Pacino or De Niro figs until, though.

Thanks Goodness at least Arnie was differrent.:pray:
Or more exactly thanks Arnold.:lecture:lol

Add to that list Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise, etc. it's not that they won't, it's just that they don't care. They can't be bothered with approving some little plastic replica of themselves. You see Bruce Willis knock-offs all the time, and the reason they keep coming out is that he just doesn't care.

There are people that come around like Anthony Hopkins, and as mentioned Marlon Brando, Bill Murray (assuming he was the reason GBs never happened) and most recently Michael J Fox.

A lot of that stuff pre-Star Wars isn't licensed, there was no such thing as licensing back then so all that stuff like Blade Runner, Godfather, Taxi Driver, The Shining, all that stuff that people want, sure you can get the rights to the movie, but you have to go to each actor individually and get their likeness rights. Do you want to pay $10,000 for the Blade Runner license, then have to pay Harrison Ford $20,000 for his likeness. . . no f'n way. Hence Blade Runner bootlegs out the ying yang. I'm sure once DeNiro and Pacino pass on, there's going to be figs coming out left and right.

Kill Bill I know has licensing issues, which is why NECA's line took such a nosedive. With Kill Bill, you only get The Bride and the Crazy 88s, that's why the first series had those characters, NECA had to negotiate with each actor in the second series. I remember reading that Lucy Liu pitched a fit when her figure was released because it didn't have her approval, that's why it's super rare, they recalled all of them.

Obviously, Matrix has issues as well. There's no way in hell if the license was available Hot Toys wouldn't be making figures and Sideshow wouldn't be making PFs of Neo, Morpheus, etc.

NECA made a Die Hard figure so Bruce Willis does not belong on that list. And the Lucy Liue figures were never released, which is why they are rare - they don't exist :lol

NECA made a Die Hard figure so Bruce Willis does not belong on that list. And the Lucy Liue figures were never released, which is why they are rare - they don't exist :lol

The Die Hard figure was part of the licensing agreement with Sin City. You'd have to ask NECA how they wrangled that one, but I remember Randy Falk mentioning they got him to sign off on Die Hard because of Sin City. If anything we can put an asterisk next to Willis on the list, I'll allow that. :lol

For anyone on The List TM, Willis has certainly had the most figures, Armageddon, Die Hard and Sin City. Also, on the list is Mel Gibson. Hopefully, he becomes desperate for money soon, so he'll sign off on Mad Max, let's cross our fingers that Mel Gibson keeps _____ up.

The list, or at least my understanding of what we are talking about here, are people who are notorious for not giving out their likeness. Obviously you are going to get some exceptions to the rule, like Pacino and Willis. But again, if Willis allowed it, you can guaran-damn-tee that Hot Toys would've made 4 John McClanes already with a DX on the way.

Back