Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I just saw this on the news, so now it's official:

0VES2NZ.jpg

So are we just debating the possibility of a cancellation or was the forbidden planet thing false? Has there been any confirmation?

Capture.JPG

The way its stated makes me think Murray yanked approval or never gave it.

There is definitely no cancellation. Let’s drop that conversation right now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So whats up with the forbidden planet post? People keep talking but no one will directly respond to that.

I agree that forbidden planet post does need to be addressed. If these aren't coming Blitzway just signed their own death sentence.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I just saw this on the news, so now it's official:

0VES2NZ.jpg

You saw a broken link?

My guess is those crack sellers at Forbidden Planet screwed up....

I know I cannot believe it either...

It official! Just saw online...Bill Murray found out that Blitzway were loading a couple thousand 1/6 scale figures with his unauthorized likeness onto a ship to California and had his lawyer issue a cease and desist and then promptly sued Blitzway into bankruptcy! Or Forbidden Planet forgot to fill out a form and now Bluefin is not sending them any single Venkmans so they have to cancel any orders that were made from THEM...?

So are we just debating the possibility of a cancellation or was the forbidden planet thing false? Has there been any confirmation?

View attachment 373462

I'd venture to guess that it was a slip up on FP's part. Other retailers don't appear to be sending this message out. Although any information regarding these figures for whatever reason seems to be even more top secret right now than government UFO case files, so who knows? :lol

I'm pretty certain these being cancelled is literally at the bottom of the list though as a reason for the hold up.

I could also be incorrect here, but wouldn't likeness rights be owned by the studio? Therefore, BW acquired them by acquiring licensing from the studio to produce the figures?

It could also be forbidden planet oversold their Venkman allotment and is cancelling some orders and using cancelation as an excuse.

I think that comes down to the individual. I remember seeing chatter from time to time that certain actors are hard to get the rights for. So who knows what the deal is here.

Bill has been known to be a total D-bag over his intellectual property rights or his likeness in the past, he has also been known to just be a total A$$

View attachment 373462

Forbidden Planet - both of them - is complete ****ing ********. Total. Everything they say is ****ing ********. You hear me?

****ING ********

I hope that clears things up.

Bill has been known to be a total D-bag over his intellectual property rights or his likeness in the past, he has also been known to just be a total A$$

But but ...he shows up in bars and pretends to be a bartender!

And he's a cubs fan...

Well that settles it. Hopefully we have these in hand before Bill finds out of their existence and causes mass hysteria.

1.jpg

#Don'tTellBill

For what it’s worth, sideshow moved my final flexpay on the set from 10/25 to 12/25.

For what it’s worth, sideshow moved my final flexpay on the set from 10/25 to 12/25.

That's probably because BW has not been forthcoming with information to their distributors so no one knows what's going on right now. For all we know they could be on a ship 3 days out from the US.

SSC does this just as a way to make sure they have their bases covered in advance because as was mentioned, they don't know when exactly a product will make landfall in the States. Happens all the time with HT figures where they extend out final flex pay dates by a couple of months, but the figure releases in HK that week and actually makes it to the States and their warehouse a month earlier than the date they pushed it out to.

At that point you either let the flex pay schedule that they set up for you ride out, or you can alter it to where your final payment deducts once the item arrives in their warehouse.

As was mentioned, for all we know, these could be mere days or weeks away from making landfall in the States. Or they could be a month or two away.

That's probably because BW has not been forthcoming with information to their distributors so no one knows what's going on right now. For all we know they could be on a ship 3 days out from the US.

They're not. I just checked the cargo list report today.
And when they do finally get on a ship, it will be 4 to 6 weeks from then.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

In the case of forbidden planet, what most likely happened is that their allocation was probably canceled or something to that nature due to production numbers.

Back