Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Blitzway can't catch a break...this time last year we had "Tyler-Gate" now we have "Winston-Gate!" Of course if Winston ends up looking half as good on my shelf as Tyler ended up looking I will be ecstatic!

Blitzway can't catch a break...this time last year we had "Tyler-Gate" now we have "Winston-Gate!" Of course if Winston ends up looking half as good on my shelf as Tyler ended up looking I will be ecstatic!

This is truth .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Winston enough to buy his figure but not enough to pay double. I'll have to live with what we are getting and hide him a bit if necessary.

WHAT?!?! I had the original discs and have not seen it available on steam?

Interesting, they must have removed it from the store. Can't find it on a search but have it in my library. Added a long gameplay video to my earlier post that I recorded a few weeks ago.

Some more photos taken today.

Blitzway-Ghostbusters-ver4-04.jpg

Blitzway-Ghostbusters-ver4-01.jpg

Blitzway-Ghostbusters-ver4-03.jpg

Blitzway-Ghostbusters-ver4-02.jpg

The only pictures where the Winston sculpt has actually looked "bad" was the early ToyArk pics (and the comparison photo for IAT's repainted sculpt with the light right in their faces). Every in hand picture posted of him, the paint app still does look too dark, but looks nowhere near the monstrosity that was in those ToyArk pics. They've all looked good in in hand pics, really. The only one I've noticed who sometimes looks a bit soft in detail in some in hand pictures is Venkman while in others it looks crisp, so the detail is obviously there, it just depends on how the light hits it I suppose. Ray and Egon haven't looked questionable in any photo at all, regardless of lighting.

So regarding the Winston sculpt, I've seen three different groups of in hand pictures (IAT, Kobe, and now these) where it didn't look bad, versus one group of pictures (ToyArk) where it looked bad. Hmm.

And just a side note, I'm really surprised nobody has rearranged anything on the belts yet, such as moving the carabiner attachments to the other side, which is where they're supposed to be. Winston actually didn't have any on at all. Rearranging the placement of stuff on the belt is the first thing I plan to do with these. :lol

The only pictures where the Winston sculpt has actually looked "bad" was the early ToyArk pics (and the comparison photo for IAT's repainted sculpt with the light right in their faces). Every in hand picture posted of him, the paint app still does look too dark, but looks nowhere near the monstrosity that was in those ToyArk pics. They've all looked good in in hand pics, really. The only one I've noticed who sometimes looks a bit soft in detail in some in hand pictures is Venkman while in others it looks crisp, so the detail is obviously there, it just depends on how the light hits it I suppose. Ray and Egon haven't looked questionable in any photo at all, regardless of lighting.

So regarding the Winston sculpt I've seen three different groups of in hand pictures (IAT, Kobe, and now these) where it didn't look bad, versus one group of pictures (ToyArk) where it looked bad. Hmm.

And just a side note, I'm really surprised nobody has rearranged anything on the belt yet, such as moving the carabiner attachments to the other side, which is where they're supposed to be. Winston actually didn't have any on at all (at least in the scene when they first confronted Gozer). Rearranging the placement of stuff on the belt is the first thing I plan to do with these. :lol

With sympathetic lighting the paint app is probably nowhere near as bad as those worst pics made it look. IAT pretty much said that in his review. Can see the temptation to get it repainted though.

I'm all for constructive criticism and obviously these like all figures are not perfect but those freaks calling them 'awful' are verging on trolling for me. So much to admire with this set as there was with their TD figures.

Lol....they are far from awful , and damn near close to perfect......

We shall see when I start up the Figure of the Year Thread next month......My guess is these guys get the votes......unless those DC guys pull a fanboy this year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol....they are far from awful , and damn near close to perfect......

We shall see when I start up the Figure of the Year Thread next month......My guess is these guys get the votes......unless those DC guys pull a fanboy this year...

SS Batman will win :rotfl

Ghostbusters is possibly my favorite movie, and I've got this whole set on order. . .but based on what we've seen so far, I would be very surprised if they end up being the best figures I get this year, even putting aside customs.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Yeah, I still don’t care much for the stock Winston paint app. The other three look great. Could you image the discussion we all would be having if these were only getting released one at a time, and Winston was the first one out? The panic would be palpable.

Ghostbusters is possibly my favorite movie, and I've got this whole set on order. . .but based on what we've seen so far, I would be very surprised if they end up being the best figures I get this year, even putting aside customs.

I could never pick best figure of the year. I can't even pick best figure in my own collection :lol

Would it be the set or an individual figure for best of the year?

Blitzway should, at the very least, get a special mention for releasing 5 figures (Slimer included) in one go. The fact that they range from pretty decent to outright amazing, with light-up packs and a good number of accessories is phenomenal.
Ghostbusters ranks as one of my all-time favourite films and I never thought I'd see the day where figures of this quality would be available. I'm actually grateful that these happened at a a time of my life when I have "disposable income" and an understanding wife.
BRING.THEM.ON!

Can I also add - a huge thanks to everyone able to post pics and give us a heads up on things like how good/bad the stands are and what type of batteries the packs use. I have new stands and batteries ready to go as soon as these show up.:):yess:

I could never pick best figure of the year. I can't even pick best figure in my own collection :lol

Would it be the set or an individual figure for best of the year?

:exactly:

With sympathetic lighting the paint app is probably nowhere near as bad as those worst pics made it look. IAT pretty much said that in his review. Can see the temptation to get it repainted though.

I'm all for constructive criticism and obviously these like all figures are not perfect but those freaks calling them 'awful' are verging on trolling for me. So much to admire with this set as there was with their TD figures.

There's no way anyone should be describing these as 'awful'.

Exactly! I would be interested in anyone who classifies these as "awful" sharing their example of a 1/6 scale release that is not "awful."

C'mon, guys.:slap:lol Other than a small handful of troll comments over the past ten days or so, no one is calling these "awful."

Capture.JPG

Useless company! You guys where right!

So shipping soon? Before Dec?

Taking bets

Back