Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I would have truly been surprised if these released before summer

I would have truly been surprised if these released before summer

Email said release in April release early May. I predict Ecto-1 at Comic con in july after we all are hyped from getting release, perfect strategy for Blitzway.

Totally agree with you guys. The question I have is who is releasing these figures first, BW or SS?

Reminds me of the Godfather release wars between Hot Toys and at that time newcomer Enterbay who were doing mostly Bruce Lee figures. The good news is the competition resulted in both versions being pretty great.

We DID have a betting pool on release date.....

I am holding fast to my June 2017 date.

I think it's pretty obvious SS will bring theirs out 1st..... Taken into account they probably have alot less pre orders as they weren't up for long or on alot of sites.
Not to mention they only have 2 figures as apposed to 4.

I'm happy with the set back I'd rather it be a good figure than a rushed one :)

Yes, they've released pictures of it and put it up for preorder at a super secret website but promised us not to post any information about it here.

Any news on ecto 1?

I don't think their ever gonna release ecto 1 if i'm honest. I think it was all a ploy to get people to buy the 1/6th scale figures with the added addition of having the car as well.

I don't think their ever gonna release ecto 1 if i'm honest. I think it was all a ploy to get people to buy the 1/6th scale figures with the added addition of having the car as well.

:slap

Yeah BW is a small company, i just cant see them making a sixth scale ecto and have it be cost effective. It would def be a small run of them and the thought of the price scares me :thud:

No ECTO 1...No 4 pack for me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I hope the ECTO 1 is released this year for all who have room to display it but I don't understand why it's such a deal breaker on the figures. It's not even as crucial to the plot as say the DeLorean is in Back to the Future(we get only two figures for that BTTF2 set). Four figures and all the accessories this comes with is enough for a great display regardless of the vehicle.

I hope the ECTO 1 is released this year for all who have room to display it but I don't understand why it's such a deal breaker on the figures. It's not even as crucial to the plot as say the DeLorean is in Back to the Future(we get only two figures for that BTTF2 set). Four figures and all the accessories this comes with is enough for a great display regardless of the vehicle.

My sentiments as well.

To me, the vehicle is a nice addition to the figures; not the figures being a nice addition to the vehicle.

Its crucial to me because its never been done before. The car is like another character in the movie to me and without it the 4 figures just don't hold my interest that much. Besides, we've had the 4 figures done before albeit poorly by Mattel however never had the car done before. I myself am more of a vehicle fan anways so that could explain why i wouldn't order the 4 pack unless the vehicle comes out. I'm the same with the hot toys BBTF part 2 figures and BVS figures. No Batmobile, Delorean or Ecto 1 and I'm not interested.

:exactly: Well said. I also agree that it's not as big a part of GB as the DeLoreaan was for BTTF.

My sentiments as well. I also agree that it's not as big a part of GB as the DeLoreaan was for BTTF.

To me, the vehicle is a nice addition to the figures; not the figures being a nice addition to the vehicle.

Entirely my feelings too. I collect figures, not cars.

I preordered the 4 pack for my displays. If ECTO-1 is a reasonable price, I would like to add it to my collection too, but won't be upset if they never make it. I personally think they will make it, if they can solve their manufacturing problems.

Its crucial to me because its never been done before. The car is like another character in the movie to me and without it the 4 figures just don't hold my interest that much. Besides, we've had the 4 figures done before albeit poorly by Mattel however never had the car done before. I myself am more of a vehicle fan anways so that could explain why i wouldn't order the 4 pack unless the vehicle comes out. I'm the same with the hot toys BBTF part 2 figures and BVS figures. No Batmobile, Delorean or Ecto 1 and I'm not interested.

I hope by the time the car goes up for pre-order you can still get the figures at a reasonable price. I think it will happen just before or just after the figures drop. I'm happy with these figures on their own and sadly don't have space for a vehicle of that size.

Hot Toys seem to mess about more teasing products that never happen. Having room for only one slightly smaller vehicle, the BTTF2 DeLorean is the one I really want. I've taken a chance pre-ordering Doc & Marty. I'm hoping they improve on the Doc Brown prototype. If they don't and I can't get a DeLorean I might end up selling those two figures. It's a shame they'll never release any of the characters from that franchise, it's taken them this long just to give us a Doc.

It would be nice if Ecto 1 came out for my fellow collectors who want it but my collection is ALL sixth scale figures and I would not purchase it if it came out. I would enjoy knowing that it is out there and looking at the pictures but zero interest in owning it myself...

Hs anyone heard from Blitzway about Ecto 1? I have messaged them three times asking about it and not got a reply to 1.

I would think they are sick of getting messages about Ecto 1, especially when they have said they will show it when it's ready. Patience.

I want the figures either way. But if they put out a great ecto-1 at an agreeable price I'll likely buy that too. Based on other toys like this the initial teased release dates for the figures and the car were never realistic. I bet the ecto isn't in collectors hands until early 2018.

I got caught up in the hype too and started to believe blitzway was some magical sixth scale company from the north pole whose production pieces match their insane prototypes and get released inside a 2-3 month window. Turns out they aren't magic, but they are still pretty good.

Back