Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

But there isn't a lot of metal on them:

3.jpg

What a joke and they call it DC? I call it BS DC. :lol

But there isn't a lot of metal on them:

3.jpg

IDK if it's just me, that suit looks like it's too big for him. Not that they were slimming in the films, it just looks too baggy.

IDK if it's just me, that suit looks like it's too big for him. Not that they were slimming in the films, it just looks too baggy.

suit looks fine imo. In fact the whole figure looks great in that pic.

I think the suit must look baggy. It was baggy in the movies.

Even if it's a Ghostbusters 2 pic, here is a comparison pic.

Untitled-5 rev.jpg

When they make jumpsuits at 1/6 scale, the baggyness is something that is usually difficult to make. The companies use a material that is tougher than it should. This also happens in other figures such as Ripley.

I hope in this case it is not very noticeable.

I think the problem might be that the material looks too thick then. Like you said, it looks like a tougher material that can't look relaxed. BW's looks pretty spot on right there.

i dunno i must be the only one in here but i think the soldier story egon looks more accurate to whats seen in the film. The blitzway suit looks too tight, the soldier story one looks baggy and correct and almost hangs off egon because thats what it was in the film. Its not so much the suit being tight as it is egons physique being thin.

12Ghostbusters2.jpg

df7c2e63-4b12-4ebe-b69e-16e0e22e89ab.jpg

Last edited:

I think the problem might be that the material looks too thick then. Like you said, it looks like a tougher material that can't look relaxed. BW's looks pretty spot on right there.

Precisely.

I have seen different materials achieving a better, thinner, maybe more realistic feel. I remember the legs of the new Tie fighter pilot from the Force Awakens.

Have a look:

review_httiepilot_1.jpg

Photo by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy.

What do you think? Would a material like this look better?
Maybe with a less bright texture.

i dunno i must be the only one in here but i think the soldier story egon looks more accurate to whats seen in the film. The blitzway suit looks too tight the soldier story one looks baggy and correct because thats what it was in the film. Its not so much the suit being tight as it is egons physique being thin.

12Ghostbusters2.jpg

View attachment 302301

I find SS uses a material that is too thick. I find the result more "toyish" than Blitzway's.

I think I can only stretch to one of the Ghostbuster figs, what one should I go for?

View attachment 302298

When they make jumpsuits at 1/6 scale, the baggyness is something that is usually difficult to make. The companies use a material that is tougher than it should. This also happens in other figures such as Ripley.

Body isn't porky enough. Fail on both Blitz and SS

I think I can only stretch to one of the Ghostbuster figs, what one should I go for?

It's really subjective, but I got the BW set PO'd and I'm more than happy with what they're offering. Whether it will be prototype level remains to be seen.

I have BW Venkman PO'd. I am happy with that.

i dunno i must be the only one in here but i think the soldier story egon looks more accurate to whats seen in the film. The blitzway suit looks too tight, the soldier story one looks baggy and correct and almost hangs off egon because thats what it was in the film. Its not so much the suit being tight as it is egons physique being thin.

You're not the one one. And, personally, I prefer the SS sculpt over the BW. Definitely not saying that it's inaccurate but, I'm not a big fan of the expression on the BW Egon. Before some jumps down my throat, I understand that Harold Ramis made that face in the film. It's just my personal opinion that the expression on the SS translates better into/onto a 1/6th scale figure.
That all being said, I also get that these are the prototypes and could look completely different upon release so these are all moot points until the final product is released.

Can't go wrong with either Egon, but then what?

View attachment 302298

This pictures says it all for me...if I showed it to most people at a glance they would start at the BW figure and say "oh, picture of the guy from Ghostbusters" shift to the picture of Harold Ramis in the middle and say "oh yeah, another picture of the guy from Ghostbusters" end at the picture of the SS figure and say "oh...toy of the guy from Ghostbusters..." No offense to any one who wants to buy that SS figure but that is what I am seeing...

I think they both look really good and both bring something unique to the table. The only downside I see is the lack of the other two busters with the SS group. I like to assume they will be made, but the guarantee from BW to get all 4 at once is what seals it for me.

I do like the Venkman civi set the best though. Would be a great set up to have him doing his study on the effects of negative reinforcements of those with esp ability.

I think they both look really good and both bring something unique to the table. The only downside I see is the lack of the other two busters with the SS group. I like to assume they will be made, but the guarantee from BW to get all 4 at once is what seals it for me.

I do like the Venkman civi set the best though. Would be a great set up to have him doing his study on the effects of negative reinforcements of those with esp ability.

i suggest buying the SS Special set because unless some 3rd party decides to bootleg the suits it'd be either difficult or very expensive to get the suits since people who buys Special set wants the suit & those that doesn't won't buy the suit.

Blitzway on the other hand will be easy to get unless you're looking for the 4 pack extra items.

I will get the SS set and an extra head from BW/SS/Recast, a knock off TT, and keep the Matty packs on the suit since the Matty pack still looks good and you get 2 figures.

For those saying BW photo looks realistic, try putting BW figure in a blue background with the angle coming from top see whether it looks like a toy or not. There was another shot of SS in black background similar to BW shot and that guy had to take the most toyish photo for comparison.

Back