Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

sideShow been producing high end 1/6th scale figures for how long now? They still sux a$$!

The brand name is not really a driver for me. I don't own figures from either company so I am not even looking at that part. My personal level of shock is derived from my opinion that the Soldier Story figures appear to be vastly inferior to the Blitzway figures which were sculpted by a really amazing sculptor...quality is obviously in the eye of the beholder but I am struggling with finding any parity between these sets...I am completely impartial as far as brand loyalty goes but the Blitzway figures look way better to me.

:goodpost:

The brand name is not really a driver for me. I don't own figures from either company so I am not even looking at that part. My personal level of shock is derived from my opinion that the Soldier Story figures appear to be vastly inferior to the Blitzway figures which were sculpted by a really amazing sculptor...quality is obviously in the eye of the beholder but I am struggling with finding any parity between these sets...I am completely impartial as far as brand loyalty goes but the Blitzway figures look way better to me.

I don't think its vastly inferior in fact i don't think its inferior at all but each to their own and also remember how the blitzway durden turned out compared to the prototype. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I also don't like the scowl egon has on his face with the blitzway version which is partly the reason i prefer the soldier story.

In the end of the day we could make arguments for and against each version but it all comes down to personal preferences..

Last edited:

It was the 80's. Back then rascism was far more acceptable then it is today. I remember they even used to sell the following ice cream in the early 80s:

8353_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

Was just over in the irrut rogue one forum. Racism was the topic there for star wars in the 70s. Guess the 80s weren't much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my notice for the first payment on this from Timewalkertoys

I don't think its vastly inferior in fact i don't think its inferior at all but each to their own and also remember how the blitzway durden turned out compared to the prototype. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I also don't like the scowl egon has on his face with the blitzway version which is partly the reason i prefer the soldier story.

In the end of the day we could make arguments for and against each version but it all comes down to personal preferences..

Pretty much personal preference indeed.

I personally think overall, the BW figures look better. I prefer the expression of Egon on the SS sculpt, but I think the BW sculpt is an overall better likeness. I also like the SS die cast packs.

If those are ever parted out and they fit the BW figures, maybe I'll pick up three of them for my Dr. 3 Pack down the road.

Yep 1st payment next week for my 4 pack from timewalker toys. I'll be shocked if see these in january. It will be again Amazing getting all 4 at once. We need our Gatekeeper and keymaster next sometime with Terror dogs would be next perfect set.

I wouldn't hold my breath on them coming on time, but does Blitzway stay on time typically? I've never bought one before.

I dont know about them staying on schedule but my wallets on schedule to get this done n paid off fast and move fast into 2017.

Love that Machoman gif Snake. ha ha...

I know yeah machoman was too funny but he was seriously coked out of his brains doing those interviews lol...'Your mustache is crooked':lol

I dont know about them staying on schedule but my wallets on schedule to get this done n paid off fast and move fast into 2017.

7r0tGy9.gif

I know yeah machoman was too funny but he was seriously coked out of his brains doing those interviews lol...'Your mustache is crooked':lol

aSBECXw.gif

Best. Promos. Ever. :lol

I wouldn't hold my breath on them coming on time, but does Blitzway stay on time typically? I've never bought one before.

I can see them really putting in an effort to get these released on time now that SS is releasing their gb figures with a similar estimated release date. If Blitzway drags their feet too much, they will lose sales.

I can see them really putting in an effort to get these released on time now that SS is releasing their gb figures with a similar estimated release date. If Blitzway drags their feet too much, they will lose sales.

Yeah, that's a good point. Striking first and being the first available option would definitely be the winner.

Yeah, that's a good point. Striking first and being the first available option would definitely be the winner.

That could be bad news...I would prefer that the soldier story eyesores come out first and not get my Blitzway set until June versus running the risk of Blitzway's being rushed out in January and looking as bad as the soldier story figures....

That could be bad news...I would prefer that the soldier story eyesores come out first and not get my Blitzway set until June versus running the risk of Blitzway's being rushed out in January and looking as bad as the soldier story figures....

Yeah, that's another fair point too. For something people have wanted for like forever, I wouldn't want them to not match up with the quality of the prototypes.

That might be shooting a bit high. There'll be some drop off like always, but hopefully there'll be less of a drop off than there was with Tyler.

Tyler looks okay, but no where near the press shots.

I think BW will do fine with the GB. It's a bigger license and I think is more popular than Fight Club. I believe this set will be their marquee figures.

As was mentioned though, I hope they're not rushed just for the sake of attempting to get their product out first before SS.

I think BW are a bit embarrassed about Tyler-gate. They can't afford another one. I think SS is out. Two figures showed and priced very high. Blitz Way are still in the lead. But if they mess these up, I think collectors wont trust them again. We know that can do excellent work (Carlito), they have a great sculptor. Still, they screwed up Tyler. Maybe it was the factory, we'll never know. No matter, I do believe they'll do everything they can to make the best Ghost Busters possible.

Back