Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I think they both look really good and both bring something unique to the table. The only downside I see is the lack of the other two busters with the SS group. I like to assume they will be made, but the guarantee from BW to get all 4 at once is what seals it for me.

I do like the Venkman civi set the best though. Would be a great set up to have him doing his study on the effects of negative reinforcements of those with esp ability.

Pretty much my sentiments as well.

Overall I prefer the BW figures, but both have unique aspects that the other doesn't have. It's a case where the very best GB figures would be an amalgam of using components from both figures.

Wow, imagine that a 'toy' looking like... a toy. Sheesh people wait for in-hand photos to decide if you must. These are toys right...? I get the 'need' for perfection but good luck with that. I'm just happy Blitz and Soldier S. is releasing these.

Wow, imagine that a 'toy' looking like... a toy. Sheesh people wait for in-hand photos to decide if you must. These are toys right...? I get the 'need' for perfection but good luck with that. I'm just happy Blitz and Soldier S. is releasing these.

There's no need to be like that to other people - we're all just expressing opinions. That's what a forum is. Besides, it's an old, tired argument. A "toy"? Yeah, no. It's a collectible. Damned if I'd pay $200+ each for a toy. As the prices go up year-on-year people want the quality of their collectibles to increase with it. That's not unreasonable. Technology and progress marches forwards.

However, I do agree that we can't have perfection, and I also agree that we all need to wait and see.

I'm in of the BW set, deposit laid. I'm thinking about the SS figures because there are things I like about those too.

Chance of 2016 Ghostbusters getting their figure is slim, but wondering is there any chance some company might do Ed Spengler, Neil Anderson & Pavel Karnov?

well october has come and gone and still no sign of ecto 1. Anyone else getting a little worried?

Maybe they started making this one by mistake...

20872319504_fbaac518a5.jpg

:monkey1

:rotfl :rotfl :clap

I tried watching the reboot a 2nd time i could not even finish its so sad. I wish ,Wish they would just reboot it again correct with original cast. Sadly i accepted the 2 films is all we will ever get. I cant stand Melissa Mccarthy she literally just turns my stomach with disgust sorry. Anyway who thinks these will be make it to us in late january ???

I would love some movie backdrops included with the boxset release. Anyone crazy enough to tackle the comic con dio from comic con in 1/6 ???

This is the build a set dio pic's.

I tried watching the reboot a 2nd time i could not even finish its so sad. I wish ,Wish they would just reboot it again correct with original cast. Sadly i accepted the 2 films is all we will ever get. I cant stand Melissa Mccarthy she literally just turns my stomach with disgust sorry. Anyway who thinks these will be make it to us in late january ???

Ghostbusters to me is a film that doesn't really ever need to be remade; it stands the test of time. Part of it I think is the still popular, catchy theme song by RPJ. Most people will always attribute it to the 84 busters.

Same with the BttF films, they stand the test of time. Can you imagine if they tried to reboot those?

I share your antipathy for McCarthy. Too damn obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I share your antipathy for McCarthy. Too damn obnoxious.

She has to overpower every scene with her big @$$ mouth and acts the same in everything. I did not mind Kate Mckinnon or Kristen Wiig just felt like leslie Jones n Mccarthy did not fit the parts imo at all. The biggest thing that bothered me was cast being in it but not in it. I have no idea why not keep the old cast with new employee's ??? I swear i or anyone could've wrote a better flipping story drunk or hii. It just angers me sorry Rant over.

She has to overpower every scene with her big @$$ mouth and acts the same in everything. I did not mind Kate Mckinnon or Kristen Wiig just felt like leslie Jones n Mccarthy did not fit the parts imo at all. The biggest thing that bothered me was cast being in it but not in it. I have no idea why not keep the old cast with new employee's ??? I swear i or anyone could've wrote a better flipping story drunk or hii. It just angers me sorry Rant over.

would be great if the old team ended up becoming upper management and hired new teams to do the ground works, but the cost would go up as the man-hours would increase just to get the more famous but expensive old casts.

but then they would call it The Ghostbusters 4.

They can call it still ghostbusters 3 and last movie was just a bad dream that never happened like all the terminator sequels after t2 in my world. The men in black erased it all lol.

The "cat out of the bag" joke bit made me seriously consider abandoning pop culture. Lol.

I like Mccarthy. Think Heat is one of the funniest film over. Right behind stuff like Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Frankenstein Jr. Mckinnon I thought was the weakest link, but I thought they all did fine. It was the lame ass script that killed this film. I like empowered women, I have a daughter, I think it's important to see characters like that in film and literature. But this was just sad. Thing is, you don't empower anyone, but belittling someone else. If you write characters like that, then they just become obnoxious. And that was the new Ghostbusters. I think the female cast was a fun idea, great and funny actors. But the script... for the love of sweet jesus christ... it was horrible. And wrong. It was bad.
But I do think the cast saved as much of the film as they could. It's not a good film, but it ain't bad either. It ended up being one of those you forget. "Did I see that, oh yeah, now I remember, no, it wasn't good." Legend of Tarzan - now, that's a turd of a movie. Easily the worst I have seen this year (I avoid the obvious crap like ID4 2 asf.)
They could have done so much with the Ghostbusters franchise, and ended up doing so little. The worst actors in the movie (and my heart bleeds as I write this) was Bill Murray. He came with NOTHING. He gave NOTHING. Maybe he had an off day, maybe he couldn't be bothered, I don't know. If they ever remake Zombieland, the line should be: "Any regrets?" "No, well, maybe Garfield... no, strike that, the new Ghostbusters, yeah, I regret that."

I loved Heat and Spy, some scenes in those made me laugh so hard it hurt. So i have nothing against McCarthy either but she is not a good fit for every roll.

Back