Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Are there any pics of the SS GB figures ? Had anyone done a side by side comparison in one pic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think BW are a bit embarrassed about Tyler-gate. They can't afford another one. I think SS is out. Two figures showed and priced very high. Blitz Way are still in the lead. But if they mess these up, I think collectors wont trust them again. We know that can do excellent work (Carlito), they have a great sculptor. Still, they screwed up Tyler. Maybe it was the factory, we'll never know. No matter, I do believe they'll do everything they can to make the best Ghost Busters possible.

I was really trashing the Tyler figure but someone on the Tyler thread just posted a series of in hand pictures using similar lighting to the lighting that the prototype was presented in and in these pictures the figure looks virtually identical to the prototype. The pictures were posted yesterday and since then my optimism for the Ghostbusters set has gone up significantly!

BW better move on these because SS actually is on time with their releases for the most part. I can see SS doing everything possible to beat BW and grab alot of initial sales....

I'll never understand all the hoopla over the Tyler figure. I almost cancelled my po for the GB figures thinking it must be really bad, but then I saw in hand pictures of Tyler, and really couldn't believe all the backlash. Sure there was a drop off from proto to production, but it's still a damn impressive figure if you ask me. If might not be HT quality, but I think it's only a step or two below.

I'll never understand all the hoopla over the Tyler figure. I almost cancelled my po for the GB figures thinking it must be really bad, but then I saw in hand pictures of Tyler, and really couldn't believe all the backlash. Sure there was a drop off from proto to production, but it's still a damn impressive figure if you ask me. If might not be HT quality, but I think it's only a step or two below.

I agree with this. Those first initial pictures of the final product looked atrocious and unflattering and were a bit concerning, but after more in hand photos trickled in, it actually looked pretty good. As mentioned, still a slight drop off from the prototype (but to be fair, many HT's sculpts do the same), but still pretty impressive indeed.

BW better move on these because SS actually is on time with their releases for the most part. I can see SS doing everything possible to beat BW and grab alot of initial sales....

At the moment, I think the edge that BW has is they are offering the group, which is either 3 or 4. I don't think the SS figures were so head and shoulders better than the BW offerings where buyers of the 3 or 4 pack would cancel and jump ship to the SS ones. That being the case, I don't think it'd matter if SS released their Spengler and Venkman first.

Welcome to Sideshow Freaks. This happens with every single figure.

I agree with this. Those first initial pictures of the final product looked atrocious and unflattering and were a bit concerning, but after more in hand photos trickled in, it actually looked pretty good. As mentioned, still a slight drop off from the prototype (but to be fair, many HT's sculpts do the same), but still pretty impressive indeed.

At the moment, I think the edge that BW has is they are offering the group, which is either 3 or 4. I don't think the SS figures were so head and shoulders better than the BW offerings where buyers of the 3 or 4 pack would cancel and jump ship to the SS ones. That being the case, I don't think it'd matter if SS released their Spengler and Venkman first.

Thing is though the accessories look better with the ss versions and to me anyway with the ghostbusters the accessories are just as important as the sculpt. I can live with the SS sculpt not being as good as the blitzway ones(which i don't think it is anyway but others do). The proton packs with SS are diecast anyways which makes a huge difference in terms of quality and also they appear to have more lightup features. Now all thats left is to wait for blitzway to release the ecto 1 :impatient:

Thing is though the accessories look better with the ss versions and to me anyway with the ghostbusters the accessories are just as important as the sculpt. I can live with the SS sculpt not being as good as the blitzway ones(which i don't think it is anyway but others do). The proton packs with SS are diecast anyways which makes a huge difference in terms of quality and also they appear to have more lightup features. Now all thats left is to wait for blitzway to release the ecto 1 :impatient:

Yeah, I like the SS packs better also with them being die cast.

Tylergate was a bit more intense than alot of iphone early pics....people overreacted on extreme mode.

BW should take as much time as needed to get these right...

Those SS pieces are zero threat and anyone can see the are inferior in every way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tylergate was a bit more intense than alot of iphone early pics....people overreacted on extreme mode.

BW should take as much time as needed to get these right...

Those SS pieces are zero threat and anyone can see the are inferior in every way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:exactly: the Soldier Story figures are clearly not in the same league as the Blitzway ones.

7r0tGy9.gif

Would have been great if he sucker punched him there. Man did he hate Hogan. :lol

Diecast is good until you realize they are too heavy for the upper body.

As K of K pointed out, with the amount of die cast they do have, I think they'll be fine weight wise.

Now if only the soldier story figures were $149.99 each there might be something for Blitzway to be concerned about...

Now if only the soldier story figures were $149.99 each there might be something for Blitzway to be concerned about...

Excellent point!

But there isn't a lot of metal on them:

3.jpg

sometimes diecast tend to be more fragile than plastic, especially when they are thin.

i had a diecast MG34 that arrived broken out of box. If it were plastic i'd be able to glue them back but not with diecast.

Back