Blitzway - 1/6 MIB International

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do great work, but this license choice..... I mean, there are tons of licenses out there besides the big three (DC, Marvel, SW) that companies like Blitzway can go for, and we get this.

Maybe they just did these because they did the original MIB, but how long ago did those release?

The sculpts can be utilized for other characters, though, so there is that. :dunno

Oh, yeah! Mixed them up for some reason. :slap

And I even own EB's MIB figures. :slap

At least Cutthroat Island has infamy going for it from being a notorious box office bomb that killed a movie studio. There may have been some novelty appeal there.
This MIB movie was just an unseen, forgettable flop. No one saw it and no one cared. Somehow Blitzway?s business model is telling them that they can make money from releasing products based upon completely fan-less films?

I just noticed that the figures vanished from the Blitzway and BBTS sites. What's happening? Are they already canceled? 😅

They need tackle Buckaroo Banzai since they keep doing these left field announcements...

That would actually be a day one preorder for me!
Especially if they got KA Kim to do the head sculpt since her last Peter Weller head sculpt is, in my opinion, the greatest licensed 1/6 scale head sculpt of all time.

It's baffling, not quite Cutthroat Island baffling, but really odd either way. In addition to the price, $290? How many do they think they'll possibly sell?

I guess I was the one of the few that actually preordered and was looking forward to the Cutthroat Island and Geena Davis figure. [emoji23]

While it is baffling some of the licenses this company is picking up, i am grateful that they are willing to take a risk to fill a niche for forgotten or neglected franchises and properties.

Seems like Hot Toys has abandoned most things that are not MCU/DC/Star Wars so collectors often have to resort to custom or 3rd party figures. But then companies like Blitzway, Enterbay is Star Ace can fill in the gaps too with licensed figures.

Enterbay is basically dead and overscaled in comparison to most figures.
Star Ace is producing mediocre quality sculpts. If I were them, I would just make statues, or small scale figures (1/8, 1/12 etc.)
Asmus is basically doing two licences at the moment.
Blitzway is the only company that gives hope to produce 1/6 quality figures for some popular but not completely action films.
Hot Toys stated that they will cover something beyond Star Wars and Marvel, but they did not even produce the popular Joker figure (that has tons of unofficial versions). So there is little hope from officially produced companies.
Let's see how that official Batemen figure with two amazing sculpts will happen. If they are going to produce more figures like that we may have a decent competitor on the market.

Back