Blitzway - 1/6 MIB International

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also wished they made an Agent M. Not because of political reasons, i'm already bummed out HT didn't release Valkyrie.
The sculpts look ok, especially Chris, can't wait to see what they look like with the sunglasses off.
If Liam looks good, i might consider grabbing one. Those multiple off brand Ras Al Ghul and Taken sculpts were all underwhelming.

I'm giving Blitzway the benefit of the doubt why they are making these. Either they bid for the licence way before the movie was released and didn't know it was going to be a dud, or maybe it was part of their Ghostbusters deal. SONY: We'll grant you the lisene but in return you need to make an additional property pick one, apart from Spiderman.

What do they have to pick from? Bad Boys, Charlies Angels, Jumanji, Resident Evil (movie), Zombieland, and Karate Kid. Underworld (Star Ace), Universal Soldier (Blitzway collaborated). As much as I love Karate Kid, Zombieland, Bad Boys, and Jumanji; MIB was probably the safest choice (before the movie came out).

Not to mention the figures look fairly...terrible...they look like unlicensed figures...I can't believe this is coming from Blitzway.

I can believe it. This is the same company that was going to do a figure from Cutthroat Island, one of the biggest box office bombs in history. Their license choices are utterly baffling.

Is this a joke?

PlushIcyAlleycat-size_restricted.gif

Seriously though, is this a joke? :lol

No...

Qy7wi3Q.jpg

:lol

It really does feel like Blitzway has been trying to sabotage themselves. Are there really no other licenses available?

Last edited:
Yeah how strange. Horrible timing on their part too. :lol

That pic is awesome lol.

Last edited:
Movie was pretty bad but I would grab a Hemsworth if it turns out well. But I too really have no idea what they are doing with licenses. I feel like there are still plenty of things that could produce good figures that I?m not aware of anyone else doing yet. Stranger Things? Westworld? Real life musicians? Stuff from sitcoms like Seinfeld? A million different video game properties? Fast & Furious? They did that giant astronaut statue, so what about figures from Apollo 13, Interstellar, The Martian? How about the pilots from Pacific Rim? I dunno. You really do get the sense that this stuff is all they could acquire. I am sure it is tough, we know Hot Toys wins licenses all the time without ever intending to produce anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blitzway could really do something great if they managed to get Bruce Willis on board for Die Hard. I mean I assume the problem with that license is him as opposed to the license itself.

Die Hard and Lethal Weapon would be awesome coups - actually requested licenses that no major company seems to take on for one reason or another. Maybe sales wouldn't be giant for Lethal Weapon but I have to believe they'd be better than these other licenses Blitzway are doing.

As for Hot Toys - as ever - my fervent prayer is that a host of their licenses get taken from under their asses and put back to market for a company like Blitzway to tackle - Terminator, Aliens etc.

Is Tessa Thompson off limits in figure form or what? No Valkyrie. No Agent M.

Besides that, these look like 3rd party figures. I honestly thought they were from the same company making those Matrix knockoffs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is Tessa Thompson off limits in figure form or what? No Valkyrie. No Agent M.

Besides that, these look like 3rd party figures. I honestly thought they were from the same company making those Matrix knockoffs.

Starting to think it must be a likeness rights or approval issue with her specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to think it must be a likeness rights or approval issue with her specifically.

There is a Marvel Legends Valkryie figure with her likeness, so she must be participating, but I could understand if she's being particularly picky with the higher-end likeness. Maybe it's too 'uncanny valley' for her.

But I don't believe it's a coincidence that both Hot Toys and Blitzway are simply choosing not to make a Tessa Thompson figure.

Wasn?t there a prototype of Valkyrie at a SDCC some years back?

Yes, at the 2017 SDCC.

Most often prototypes are shown at shows with the caveat of 'pending licensor approval'. That's why so many things we see at shows end up not happening, they get nixed in the approval process.

Yes, at the 2017 SDCC.

Most often prototypes are shown at shows with the caveat of 'pending licensor approval'. That's why so many things we see at shows end up not happening, they get nixed in the approval process.
I thought all MCU actors signed away their likeness rights when signing up to the movies, so it is more to do with the studio approving rather than the actor?

I thought all MCU actors signed away their likeness rights when signing up to the movies, so it is more to do with the studio approving rather than the actor?

Not that I'm pretending to know how Marvel contracts work, but I don't think anyone signs away their likeness rights. The talent always has the right to approve or disapprove a sculpt. A photo is probably a different story, but it's easier to argue that an artistic recreation is not accurate as opposed to a photo.

Typically, it's still the actor, or their estate, approving a headsculpt. I'd imagine their licensing department also has enough reference to double check to make sure the costume is accurate, but it's been my experience that no one really cares about the clothing, the focus is on the sculpt.

Back