Blitzway 1/6 Jimi Hendrix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the vid bud, defo a big step down from the proto! I'm not sure if anyone noticed but the gold arrow on the lower left arm has been done in error and very sloppy.

Blitzway and their QC + Production :slap

Thanks for the video unboxing! I still have some issues on this, but at 95% I will not be cancelling my PO.

142051754-121440909775349-964547543292356957-n.jpg

I've opened my Jimi on Friday night. Initial thoughts.... its a mixed bag.
Unfortunately the sculpt does look like those ugly initial pics. You do need to put effort to make it look nice.
Not much texture in the face, the paint is not spectacular and the slightly open eyes are quite noticeable and not a small squint like the prototype.
Looked slightly better after i styled the hair with a little hair product.

Boots are sculpted but looks great. Tailoring overall is good, coat is a little thick but still looks nice.
The buttons on the black shirt is quite fragile... mine snapped off rather quickly.
The body and headsculpt are 2 different colors so the neck to body has a difference but you can kinda cover it with the scarf.
Hands look excellent, boots look excellent., mic stand is great, guitar is detailed.

Overall I'd give it a 7 / 10, mostly knocked off for the HS. With a repaint it will look better for sure.

Last photo is after I styled the hair and put on the remaining accessories like guitar pick and medallion

View attachment 504405View attachment 504406View attachment 504407s
:clap I dig it! The paint application and the eyes are an issue, but those can be fixed. I'm probably going to put Serangs rock spirit sculpt on this, and blitzways on a kit bash I have.

Thanks for the great video :) any chance of a real close up of the face that shows the skin detail? tried a screen grab from the video in HD but theres just not a moment where its still enough to make out the finer detail.

well just from this screen grab of the video, I think its ok, and will be continuing with my order.

This is not a complete train wreck. We knew there would be a drop off. Is it a little more than expected? Yes. Sadly, the biggest drop is in the paint. This is not an easy fix for most. The rest can be adjusted by many with a little work. It's a keeper for me even with its shortcomings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, it didn’t look that bad in the initial showing. For the price point, I will be keeping it.

This might look good but is not accurate to Jimi's complexion at all, lips also wrong colour. If anything Blitzways skin tone is closer

Last edited:
People tend to sh-it on the things they 1. Don't own, 2. Don't like, 3. Don't intent to buy, 4. Jealousy.

Thanks for the review! Not sure if you're just living up to your name, but you don't seem especially excited about the set. At the end you say you're very happy with the figure, but there's a bit of "it's not terrible" and "it's not as bad as people have been saying" thrown in earlier on.

It looks pretty good to me, a very decent but not outstanding release. I'm not quite enough of a Jimi fan to feel compelled to spend beyond my billfold, and my billfold isn't thick enough to buy it on a whim. I'm kind of relieved and disappointed at the same time.

It is the same freaking problem with every Blitzway figure. The final paint. Why can't they fix this. Why not get someone better to do the final paint? They are in south Koear, so they do not compete with Hot toys in the manual labor. Why not train/educate/get better painters. The make excellent 1/6 figures, but the final paint job is just always (or, most of the time) sloppy, no, not sloppy, just not good enough. They need better painters. These figures are expensive. Mor so than Hot Toys, they are excellent but I am often disapointed by the final paint job. Blitzway, do something. It is an easy problem to fix. Spend some money on training your painters and you will sell more figures. It's easy math. anyway, looks decent enough. I have zero interest in Hendrix. congrats to all the happy hendrix collectors out there.

Back