Blitzway 1/6 Jimi Hendrix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is going to be GOLD for the next few weeks....:rotfl

It happens every time :)
giphy.gif

A very nice figure! A solid A- in my opinion.

I wish Sideshow would have carried this one. I would have gotten it with the payment plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone before me said, ?yikes?.

No amount of futzing is going to make that jacket look like it?s supposed to look. I can live with the hair and face ... those you can work around, maybe by posing him playing the guitar with his teeth, covering his whole head?

I also don't think it had his name on the headstock either.

There are issues with this figure, but I won't know how bad they are until I have it in hand.

First day of real pics: a graphical definition.

Resume.jpg

Lol!

The eyes are my biggest gripe about this figure. They should have either went with closed eyes or open eyes.

Those dead eyes are gonna give me nightmares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, there is a photo back a page that clearly shows his name on the head-stock...however it is Jimi's name not Fender...

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant Jimi's actual guitar did not have his name on the headstock.

Hopefully iamtoys will get a review up and set a few people straight, hopefully its the same story with really bad lighting washing the paint out.....but damn how hard would it be for somebody on the blitzway team to take a few decent lit shots and get a head of the curve for once!

i mentioned it once on page 28 already, but must repeat.

This happens everytime a Blitzway comes out. Always some ****er shows these ugly cellphone pics with bad lighting, people freak out, chaos, a week or 2 later better pics come out, ppl warm up to it, then 2-3 months later its sold out and ppl regret not getting it. It's like watching a rom-com. Same formula and ppl give the same reaction every time. When will they learn..... :cuckoo:

I think the felt on the jacket needs some trim off or a little treatment.

It looks so bulky compared to promo pics.

When the Ghostbusters pics came out, Winston's head looked like it had a purple tint to it. But mine doesn't look purple at all, it looks fairly natural, if not a bit too dark for Ernie Hudson's actual skintone

The same thing is going on with Jimi here, the camera is really shifting the reds. I'd imagine Jimi doesn't look quite so orange in-hand.

Also, all of the original pics of the figure, were looking straight on. All these new pics are looking up at the figure, so you can see his eyes more. The sculpt didn't change, just the angle at which we see the figure.

People who take the first pics are always in a rush to show you everything, and don't ever bother to make the figure look good.

Back