BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best is a wider body than usual the head is a good size and needs a body to be proportionate. I’d wager to say anything smaller than a TT advanced would be way too small.

Okay. I'll have to look around. Thanks for the tips.

I darkened the coat and gave it some weathering.
I used a mix of gloss acrylic varnish and van dyke brown (very dark brown) mixed with water. I feel like it’s pretty spot on. The varnish makes the fabric the right oily look and makes it a bit stiffer and very easy to futz. Very happy with the result.
I’m still using the stock head (thinned the eyebrows) as it just felt better than the other one.
0cf4af3edda85eb54c2754c2fc75a6e5.jpg

946d6dafbc09ce48971fcc28542abca6.jpg

I'm pretty interested in this figure but prior to jumping aboard this ship, I was wondering if folks here who own this fig can give me feedback on the quality of the accessories and the costume?

How is the fabric like? Is the coat/shirt/pants durable? any parts that will degrade in high humidity etc? How is the base body?

I'm not so worried about the headsculpt as I most likely would be using a replacement or selling it off.

Headsculpt is pure crap.

Sweater is really quite good as are the boots.

Holster is on the cheap end, gun is ok but could be a better sculpt.

The pants are ok but are the wrong color and can’t be dyed. Many are also modding and rolling them

Jacket is a pretty inaccurate color and matietal and the shearling is really fake looking most are cutting and modding it to make
It passible.

It’s a ton of work to get this thing looking halfway decent but it can be done and it’s really the only option at
The moment.

BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Well... it’s not half as bad as that description. Quality is what you can expect for the price. Non of the stuff will deteriorate as no pleather or rubber is used.
This is after spending about two hours modding the coat and rolling up the pants. Head and body is stock. I expect that I’m going to kit bash this one with the Supermad Toys version when it arrives.
0ee2b29d82b63b66d3f34f48524c8727.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this thing is pretty awesome for 100 bucks. But it is definitely a project piece.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think if you look at it that way expectation can be set accordingly. If you have time and skills to make it look good it’s a good value.

If you expect to open it and have it sit beside your average hot toy without any work it’s going to look cheap and lame by comparison.

Jnix is offering a second run to his K head but it won’t last long. But with that and what I consider moderate (but that’s debatable for any individual person) customizing skills for around the price of what a hot toys costs you can get a passable k.

And for those who are really committed to quality, the yunsil is an option.

One thing I didn’t cover on my breakdown above was the body. It’s not even an option not to change it.

It fits best on a bigger advanced or bank robber joker body but you can get away with one of those 30 dollar regular TrueType knock offs just fine also.

Started to mod mine last night. Trimmed the coat fur, swapped out the body and padded it with foam to help the elongated neck on the JNIX sculpt. Lots more to do.

Started to mod mine last night. Trimmed the coat fur, swapped out the body and padded it with foam to help the elongated neck on the JNIX sculpt. Lots more to do.

One thing you might want to consider is hot gluing one of those inner neck counts instead od the traditional plug to get the neck to sit at the right height. Its a lot better than padding as you get the body's natural shape instead of faking it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-C...436497?hash=item3adae35c11:g:txQAAOSwr~lYq8JW

107ed59586781736c96e2d131ebad9e2.jpg
3f501ab0261c4efbcd0642b12cf2c6b7.jpg

The set is fine, just needs some modifications

Here’s mine, swapped the body and changed the sculpt,
Jinix sculpt painted by me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

107ed59586781736c96e2d131ebad9e2.jpg
3f501ab0261c4efbcd0642b12cf2c6b7.jpg

The set is fine, just needs some modifications

Here’s mine, swapped the body and changed the sculpt,
Jinix sculpt painted by me

Looks great! I started modding mine, how did you handle the ankles? Put mine on a Hot Toys Bruce Wayne body and saw the ankle pegs didn’t exactly match the shoes.

Yes the foot pegs are different,
I used blu tac to fill in the gaps

Some weathering and I'd say he's about done....for now. :lol Let's see how the SuperMadtoys comes out. I got another coat to mod the fur again. I'm gonna try a different technique for trimming the fur.

27877771308_d681198425_c.jpg

That is an Amazing figure @ShortRound

Fantastic job [emoji108] did you change the body to ??

I want to jump on this figure to, but I'm planning to use the playtoys body with the elite toys head sculpt [emoji848]

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back