BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you do to trim the coat fur? Looks great!

Thanks. I just used a small pair of hobby/tool scissors.

That is an Amazing figure @ShortRound

Fantastic job [emoji108] did you change the body to ??

I want to jump on this figure to, but I'm planning to use the playtoys body with the elite toys head sculpt [emoji848]

Thanks man! I used a TFA Solo body which is almost equivalent to a TTM21. :wave

Some weathering and I'd say he's about done....for now. :lol Let's see how the SuperMadtoys comes out. I got another coat to mod the fur again. I'm gonna try a different technique for trimming the fur.

27877771308_d681198425_c.jpg

That is so cool! One of the best paint jobs I've ever seen on a custom. Is that silent surfers doing?

Thanks. I just used a small pair of hobby/tool scissors.

Thanks man! I used a TFA Solo body which is almost equivalent to a TTM21. :wave
Thanks for the answer [emoji108] Your figure inspire me And I just order all my stuff from KgH, hopping that at least I can achive something decent [emoji28]

If it's not much to ask What did you use for the weathering of the coat and the fur??

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

You can use a tamiya weathering kit to weather the coat.

You can also weather by dry brushing mixes of brown/ white / black / buff (tan) tamiya acrylic on the fur or coat. Just water down the mix and rub the paint on a paper towel a bit to get a faint amount on the brush and rub it aggressively on the coat.

I recommend rubbing several coats of otter wax on the coat to get it to look a bit more rubberized

thank you man I will do that [emoji106]

Done some mods on mine too.

Still need to add a third wash to the coat, dirty the fur and also tidy the fur trim.

Last edited:
Fantastic work! Love these simple mods that can be done by anyone. It would be nice not to have to do them ourselves, but simple enough to do ourselves. :clap

Done some mods on mine too.

Still need to add a third wash to the coat, dirty the fur and also tidy the fur trim.

Nice, your coat looks awesome already , are you going to use the stock head sculpt?

Does anyone know the best painters for this sculpt? The silentsurfer paintjob looks phenomenal. Any way I can contact him?

Would appreciate if y'all have any other recommendations!

Does anyone know the best painters for this sculpt? The silentsurfer paintjob looks phenomenal. Any way I can contact him?

Would appreciate if y'all have any other recommendations!

there are lots on the board if you look in the customs section you should find a few that are taking commissions at the moment. Silent surfer does not take commissions.

also note that the head that silent surfer painted is not the crappy head that came with this set, its the Jnix sculpt and he is offering a second run of the head now, fully painted. So far Jnix's paint job is the best and most accurate to Gosling's likeness I have seen for this sculpt.

there are lots on the board if you look in the customs section you should find a few that are taking commissions at the moment. Silent surfer does not take commissions.

also note that the head that silent surfer painted is not the crappy head that came with this set, its the Jnix sculpt and he is offering a second run of the head now, fully painted. So far Jnix's paint job is the best and most accurate to Gosling's likeness I have seen for this sculpt.

Thanks for the reply and advice. I have since got on the Jnix officer K run for the painted version and its heartening to hear its the best out there in the market!

Might I also ask which base bodies are being used? I am aware the jnix sculpt comes with a neck and would need some sort of post. I’m actively seeking a compatible base body for it...

Thanks for the reply and advice. I have since got on the Jnix officer K run for the painted version and its heartening to hear its the best out there in the market!

Might I also ask which base bodies are being used? I am aware the jnix sculpt comes with a neck and would need some sort of post. I’m actively seeking a compatible base body for it...

To each his own, but the Scott Pettersen K sculpt is also a solid option in my opinion [emoji4]. I believe he is still offering spots on his site for both painted & unpainted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!! The best readily available body is probably the standard Advanced TrueType body As it’s a bit more built/wider which balances out the scale of the head and has the coat filled out properly.

I posted on a few pages back the inner neck adapter you just plug into the hole on the Jnix sculpt. A dab of krazy or hot glue will be all you need to hold it to the sculpt

Am sure this has been asked, but couldn't find an answer in the last 10 pages or so. Does anyone know if the Jnix Officer K headsculpt will fit with the Supermad Toys Blade Hunter - Hunter K ?

Looks like I'd need to swap out the body to accept a HS with neck. Right ?

Any tips on what body people have been using as best option here ?

Some weathering and I'd say he's about done....for now. :lol Let's see how the SuperMadtoys comes out. I got another coat to mod the fur again. I'm gonna try a different technique for trimming the fur.

27877771308_d681198425_c.jpg

That looks phenomenal. Now I gotta track down a couple of heads or see if Jnix will do another run. I vacillated on this one too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back