Premium Format Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow Movie PF

well i m not getting scarlet johnson pass for me......

Wow, you can feel the hate and love in this room lol. I'm a hot toys person and would prefer the 1/6 line due to lack of space, but I also love the 1/4 PF's! They both have pros and cons, neither one is perfect and it's good to see some opinions in this thread.

Wow, you can feel the hate and love in this room lol. I'm a hot toys person and would prefer the 1/6 line due to lack of space, but I also love the 1/4 PF's! They both have pros and cons, neither one is perfect and it's good to see some opinions in this thread.

I agree about the space thing, but hot toys are toy dolls whereas, these are more like sculptures that artist would appreciate more. I just wish they were painted better than hot toys. :gah:

Who do you think has better likeness the PF or HT?

2w5sin5.jpg

PF hands down..
same thing with indy.. :)
so glad i get rid of my dolls..

I agree about the space thing, but hot toys are toy dolls whereas, these are more like sculptures that artist would appreciate more. I just wish they were painted better than hot toys. :gah:

lol, I'm sure artists appreciate a good paint job.

plastic toy dolls are not art.

Well, I went to art school and I'll have to disagree. I've seen people do some amazing (and disturbing) things with plastic dolls. It's just another medium. If you make a painting of a plastic toy doll, is the painting no longer art?

I only collect statues but I think the hot toys sculpt is gorgeous. I just don't think it looks like scarjo. The PF may have less detail but the likeness is far superior to the hot toys sculpt. I don't know how you can even compare the two for that argument.

I think I used the wrong word again. I meant the statue is of higher quality than hot toys plastic PVC dolls, due to the materials used to make it and it is a better sculpt.

I only collect statues but I think the hot toys sculpt is gorgeous. I just don't think it looks like scarjo. The PF may have less detail but the likeness is far superior to the hot toys sculpt. I don't know how you can even compare the two for that argument.

I couldn't agree more. Lovely face. Just not ScarJo's.

It's in the eyes, and never in a million years will those in this figure remind me of her.

Look at Enterbay's recent Men in Black releases - now that's a likeness. That's looking at a sculpt and saying "Wow, that's this actor", because the eyes, mostly, are exceptionally well done. Black Widow, though? Sorry, everyone I showed it to has said the 'I wouldn't have known that's her if it weren't for the garb' argument without me telling them anything beforehand.

Is it a lifelike sculpt? You bet, it does seem quite real, much, much more than the PF. In fact it's a brilliant generic figure, but there's more to it than that.

But if Hot Toys buyers are in love with the result, more power to them.

I couldn't agree more. Lovely face. Just not ScarJo's.

It's in the eyes, and never in a million years will those in this figure remind me of her.

Look at Enterbay's recent Men in Black releases - now that's a likeness. That's looking at a sculpt and saying "Wow, that's this actor", because the eyes, mostly, are exceptionally well done. Black Widow, though? Sorry, everyone I showed it to has said the 'I wouldn't have known that's her if it weren't for the garb' argument without me telling them anything beforehand.

Is it a lifelike sculpt? You bet, it does seem quite real, much, much more than the PF. In fact it's a brilliant generic figure, but there's more to it than that.

But if Hot Toys buyers are in love with the result, more power to them.

I am sorry disagree with this comment IMO it looks like a doll with no realism at all. It has an expressionless face just like a doll would have. The PF one actually looks life like with that slight smirk and the way her eyes are looking sideways.

I am sorry disagree with this comment IMO it looks like a doll with no realism at all. It has an expressionless face just like a doll would have. The PF one actually looks life like with that slight smirk and the way her eyes are looking sideways.

exactly :hi5:, indy HT has this issue as well...

plastic toy dolls are not art.

In your opinion maybe. But not in mine. I look at the overall effort it takes to produce a "plastic doll".

An artist had to sculpt and paint the "plastic doll". Not to mention all the other steps of the production process.

Art is subjective.

:exactly:

Back