Premium Format Black Widow premium format Comic Version +White Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow premium format Comic Version

I think XM has done some great work but I'm not likely to ever purchase one of their pieces unless they have US distribution. The cost and the hassle isn't worth it for me. I've been very happy with all of my SS pieces and prefer mixed media, when it makes sense to have it. Plus with SS I earn RP and they have (mostly) excellent customer service.

Wow. You guys must be in the minority. I actually wish more people viewed the SS BW as positively as you fellas appear to as I haven't been able to sell my SS BW exclusive at even below my cost in months. I have an edition number below 20 as well. By most standards, a lackluster response like that that would suggest that the fanbase generally viewed the SS version as a flop. Yet, the XM version consistently sells (sold) at above to double retail right off the assembly line. My review of the XM Black Widow actually received my highest number of hits in years.

In any event, we're all entitled to our opinion. What's great about this hobby is that we have so many options. I only wish your opinions actually turned into spending dollars. Sadly, right now, given the aftermarket response we're presently seeing, general opinion regarding the SS BW version doesn't appear impressive enough to the fanbase to even buy at retail.

I agree with you. When I bought the ss widow I was in the minority and few others ordered it. The only criticism it really had was the exclusive sucks so I'm gonna wait blah blah blah. I felt it was because everyone dropped money on the scarjo PF and didn't want to admit it was good or better. Either way your right. The aftermarket tells a strong story and I would guess most commenting don't own either but are really saying I won't spend that kind of money on xm so ss is better. Seen it many threads now.

there is a saturation of 1/4 scale bw statues on the market. Right now the GG version seems to be the hot commodity. It would be my #1 choice if it wasn't a movie representation.

In the end, I am thankful we have so many options for these toys.

I think this is a great piece and is better than xm. That being said, I think it's overpriced for the size and complexity. Under 300 sounds right. Xm sells for more because of exclusitivity, switch outs, and great reviews of xm stuff. There is excitement over xm and the thought that you can find the ss version down the road easily.

The aftermarket tells a strong story and I would guess most commenting don't own either but are really saying I won't spend that kind of money on xm so ss is better. Seen it many threads now.

I own the Sideshow statue. I posted a picture of her earlier in the thread.
I don't purchase with aftermarket or resale value in mind, but because I like what I collect.
I don't intend to flip anything I buy, nor do I care about exclusivity.

Yeah but aftermarket is also retarded. I mean a grand for Rogue or Ms. Marvel? **** out of here! I'd just spend that dough on other items.

I agree. I see $500 for this and Hawkeye that some people are asking... Drunk.

Yeah but aftermarket is also retarded. I mean a grand for Rogue or Ms. Marvel? **** out of here! I'd just spend that dough on other items.

Its all a snowball effect. I try to sell some of my statues high so that I can buy one the "grails" that are way too expensive. So trying to trade essentially. I do hate the idea of it, but it's not gonna change, so I might as well capitalize as well. I have paid aftermarket for most of my pieces now, it's just part of the game.

Wow. You guys must be in the minority. I actually wish more people viewed the SS BW as positively as you fellas appear to as I haven't been able to sell my SS BW exclusive at even below my cost in months. I have an edition number below 20 as well. By most standards, a lackluster response like that that would suggest that the fanbase generally viewed the SS version as a flop. Yet, the XM version consistently sells (sold) at above to double retail right off the assembly line. My review of the XM Black Widow actually received my highest number of hits in years.

In any event, we're all entitled to our opinion. What's great about this hobby is that we have so many options. I only wish your opinions actually turned into spending dollars. Sadly, right now, given the aftermarket response we're presently seeing, general opinion regarding the SS BW version doesn't appear impressive enough to the fanbase to even buy at retail.

With XM people are just scrambling to get something "rare" with so few of them being made. I'll give you the QC, especially regarding paint apps, seems superior, but every head sculpt I have seen has been absolutely horrible. To me it doesn't matter how great the rest of the statue is, if the face on it sucks. It most certainly isn't worth paying double the money. If you XM fanboys want to pay that have at it. I collect what I like and what I think captures the look of the character, I have no problem with some SS pieces dropping in value as I don't collect to flip later and I don't use the value of my statues as a status symbol. I buy what I like and I am happy with what I own. If someone offered me their XM piece in a straight up trade, I would take it, but only to sell it and buy back the SS version I previously owned and pocket the rest :pfft:

there is a saturation of 1/4 scale bw statues on the market. Right now the GG version seems to be the hot commodity. It would be my #1 choice if it wasn't a movie representation.

In the end, I am thankful we have so many options for these toys.

This, right here.

Despite the Averngers movies, Black Widow has never really been an A-lister, and there is plenty of Black Widow product out there to choose from.

I think there will be more interest in this down the road when people start seeing it (and Hawkeye) posed in Avengers lineups. I really like mine, theough she makes no sense sharing shelf space with the Punisher and Crimson Baroness. Can't wait to move and finally assemble them the way I want to.

With XM people are just scrambling to get something "rare" with so few of them being made. I'll give you the QC, especially regarding paint apps, seems superior, but every head sculpt I have seen has been absolutely horrible. To me it doesn't matter how great the rest of the statue is, if the face on it sucks. It most certainly isn't worth paying double the money. If you XM fanboys want to pay that have at it. I collect what I like and what I think captures the look of the character, I have no problem with some SS pieces dropping in value as I don't collect to flip later and I don't use the value of my statues as a status symbol. I buy what I like and I am happy with what I own. If someone offered me their XM piece in a straight up trade, I would take it, but only to sell it and buy back the SS version I previously owned and pocket the rest :pfft:

I totally agree with the head sculpts. XM has great creativity and poses. The headsculpts look way off to me though. I am not a fanboy wither way. I am however an artist and I judge the crap out of stuff like that.

I totally agree with the head sculpts. XM has great creativity and poses. The headsculpts look way off to me though. I am not a fanboy wither way. I am however an artist and I judge the crap out of stuff like that.

Hot toys blows SSC and XM away with head sculpts. I buy what I like regardless of company. I just want what I pay for. For BW I have my Scarjo SSC version and that's all I need. I like the look of XMs BW body and all the accessories but I like SSCs comic version face better. Can't really go wrong with either. Saying either face looks horrible is just silly though. It's just a matter of taste.

I love the Scarlett JO better....I can't say XM headsculpts are horrible. They are good but not the best comic interpretation of the character.

I kinda like the XM head sculpt nothing wrong with it and the SS comic version is also pretty cool only mabey a bit more mature face on it, if you ask me what version I like more, I gess the XM one my opinion ofc.

But to me the best black widow, statue/price wise is gentle giant ofc its a movie statue and not comic.

I will say the XM Widow head sculpt is definitely better than the other XM head sculpts.

Black Widow – White Costume Edition

Product Summary

Inspired by the alternate cover of Black Widow: Deadly Origin #2, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the Black Widow Premium Format™ Figure, featuring Natasha Romanova in her white costume.

Efficient, calculating and alluring... Marvel's deadliest super-spy spins a wicked web of intrigue, espionage and danger. Dressed for the arctic in a fitted white bodysuit, and packing heat with formidable weaponry including a switch out hand holding a knife, this elite female sleeper agent is not to be underestimated.

ES 200

3001682-black-widow-white-costume-edition-002.jpg

Back