Premium Format Black Widow premium format Comic Version +White Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow premium format Comic Version

Didn't see a discount on this. Unless you mean the Superb Owl one.

Eh, I'll take my chances down the road. Doesn't seem particularly difficult, especially with some ex going for under retail.

If you get it sooner rather than later, you'll be fine. I agree, even going the eBay route.

Just arrived.

y6xbG9S.jpg

The silencer was broken off the pistol, but I kinda like the result. Oh, I'll eventually either repair it and/or I'll ask Sideshow for a replacement hand but it's not a big deal either way.

I personally like this one better than the XM one. I don't know why it doesn't get much love. The face and pose is killer. XM just has way more options.

I don't like the XM's anime appearance, although it's faithful to the source material.
Also, the XM's head seems a little undersized compared to the rest of the sculpt, whereas the Sideshow statue's proportions are more realistic.

Wow that the xm version came out I think this is the best version hands down

Yeah, I love the dynamic pose, mixed media and that she actually looks Russian.
I went back and forth for a while, because I like the body of the XM sculpt, and the interchangeable parts, but in the end I couldn't justify the expense ( three times the cost!) for a pinup version of Black Widow. No disrespect to Stanley Lau, of course. I love his work.

To me this just looks more like a Russian superspy. Id love to see a white suited winter stealth version with a different base.

Does anyone own both of the XM and this to compare? I like this one better by a lot but the exclusivity of the XM one is very enticing.....

To me this just looks more like a Russian superspy. Id love to see a white suited winter stealth version with a different base.

If so the white one better be a 150 or less ES like the white storm. Congrats on all who owns this. I still have mine and she's still a keeper. Love tim millers work. That's one of the main reason to own this for me. His work is awesome! Only wished he would come back to do more PF. :pray:

Does anyone own both of the XM and this to compare? I like this one better by a lot but the exclusivity of the XM one is very enticing.....

once I receive mine from specfiction I will have both. I think there are some comparison pics in the xm thread.

Hey Guys,

I'm new here but I figured I would also post how happy I am with the sculpt and the detail of this statue! It looks wonderful! I do have a question though. For those that have one, how does your base look? Mine almost looks like it has scuff marks on it, but I don't know if that was intentional or not. I have emailed SS to ask them about it and I'll see what they say.

Here are a few pics of mine as well as the base.

attachment.php

Cheers,
Mike

I received my non EX version today courtesy of collectables direct :yess:
..and I have to say initially I thought the same thing, "finger prints?!"

/Glad/ to know this isn't technically a fault (per se), however I have to say that while I love the statue and the work put into her, the base and the idea to go with this rough snow effect is odd! The flat snow sections look great and would have been absolutely fine without those random, unnecessary rough sections which look more like finger marks :cuckoo: lol

That said, statue is fantastic and so pleased I finally got mine :blissy

Who's buying up all the PF's in the sacramento area? Like this one at the A-1 in Roseville! Haha

As I own both, I've been asked this question several times. Extra features (i.e., light-up streetlamp, print, separate displayable bust, coin with display case and stand), multiple display options (i.e, knife, pistol, sniper rifle, two machine guns, open-hand, removable background-wall base, two portraits), and stellar paints aside, I can safely say that in my humble opinion the XM version is far superior to the SS version. I've been buying statues for over 20 years and have easily owned over 500 different pieces which included pieces from virtually every statue production company. Throughout that time, I probably posted reviews and pics of at least half of those pieces on various statue forums. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, XM paint applications are easily among the best paint applications I have ever seen.

In the end, it's like comparing DVD to Bluray. While DVDs are often good enough (and cheaper), once you start watching Blurays, it's tough to take that step back, especially on your favorite films. I think it's worth the extra bucks. What we're hearing about XM seems to be no myth. These guys appear to be the real deal. What you see in the promo pics is what you actually get in-hand. Hopefully, XM keeps up the excellent work.

2vxnf5y.jpg

Last edited:

I still prefer SS effort. Really dislike the face on the XM. Like everything else about it, but that to me lets it down big time.

I still prefer SS effort. Really dislike the face on the XM. Like everything else about it, but that to me lets it down big time.

Anima face? To me it looked like a koto face attached to a stellar piece. IMO SS won it for me. Though I won't deny XM has done good work on their stuff.

I prefer the Sideshow piece. While XM has done a stellar job and their finished result is quite faithful to the Stanley Lau work, the SS piece just looks like Black Widow to me. The SS sculpt is more faithful to the character of Black Widow imo.
That, coupled with extremely low ES, high price ( almost three times what the SS piece goes for, don't get me started on the ebay flippers ), and scattershot US distribution make it a no go for me.

Wow. You guys must be in the minority. I actually wish more people viewed the SS BW as positively as you fellas appear to as I haven't been able to sell my SS BW exclusive at even below my cost in months. I have an edition number below 20 as well. By most standards, a lackluster response like that that would suggest that the fanbase generally viewed the SS version as a flop. Yet, the XM version consistently sells (sold) at above to double retail right off the assembly line. My review of the XM Black Widow actually received my highest number of hits in years.

In any event, we're all entitled to our opinion. What's great about this hobby is that we have so many options. I only wish your opinions actually turned into spending dollars. Sadly, right now, given the aftermarket response we're presently seeing, general opinion regarding the SS BW version doesn't appear impressive enough to the fanbase to even buy at retail.

Last edited:

I got mine for $270 on eBay and really like it. I haven't seen the XM one in person but there's just something about it that bothers me. It might be the pose and base--there isn't anything there that's specific to Black Widow. The SS version has a much better pose and the overall piece with the snow base and big gun screams Black Widow to me. She looks like she's in the middle of mission in Russia. The XM version looks like she's working the street waiting for pimp-daddy Fury.

Back