Black & White Friday... Coming Soon.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please give me time to recover before you make more Vintage Monsters items!

You say that now, but give it time, we'll be whining about how the vintage monster line is "dead" in no time. :lol

I'm hoping Sideshow got the message, we love us some vintage monsters, and we love us some SSE. Let's see if they'll take a chance and give us some more 1/6 :rock

And by "we" I mean "you guys" because I have yet to get my first vintage monster piece. Though, I'm planning on starting my collection after the holidays through Coffee Shop of Horrors and eBay. I'll have to stay away from busts and PF's (for the most part) until I buy a house. I think I have room left for just one more PF. It will be Vintage, for sure, I just don't know which. I figured it'd be silly to get the monster w/o the bride or vice versa.

yeah. I honestly cant figure out their logic behind the 2pc limit on those.

seems like theyre just feeding the flippers. Even though the UniMonsters dont flip very well.
Maybe theyre more worried about their warehouse shelf space than getting these in the hands of more collectors at a fair price.... :monkey1

I think it makes perfect sense... several of the past SSE PF monsters had edition sizes of 250 or less, and they still have them available for sale (with specials at Spook, B&W Friday, etc.), so lowering the edition size and upping the number from 1 to 2 means they won't sit around as long. It obviously worked! Maybe they should have just done one or the other, which I think would have been enough, but the point was they won't sit in the warehouse too long and it should help ensure we will get more SSE monsters in the future!

Lonnie I hope you got all 4 peices of the Silvery Goodness.:confused:

Let me know Bro

The Monster,

Nick:frank

Yes, I ordered all 4 SSE monsters & base! I had been saving my Reward Points for a possible in-stock SSE monster bust, but Sideshow has been listening to us collectors about putting up very limited items as in-stock purchases, and I Thank them wholeheartedly for it!! So I had used some points to purchase the Deluxe Volume 10 book, and I used another $300 on the Frank bust to bring it down some... leaving me with less than $100 in Reward Points! It's so sad to finally see them go... I've been collecting them and hadn't used any since the very start! But they went to good causes! :D

I think it makes perfect sense... several of the past SSE PF monsters had edition sizes of 250 or less, and they still have them available for sale (with specials at Spook, B&W Friday, etc.), so lowering the edition size and upping the number from 1 to 2 means they won't sit around as long. It obviously worked! Maybe they should have just done one or the other, which I think would have been enough, but the point was they won't sit in the warehouse too long and it should help ensure we will get more SSE monsters in the future!

Yes, I ordered all 4 SSE monsters & base! I had been saving my Reward Points for a possible in-stock SSE monster bust, but Sideshow has been listening to us collectors about putting up very limited items as in-stock purchases, and I Thank them wholeheartedly for it!! So I had used some points to purchase the Deluxe Volume 10 book, and I used another $300 on the Frank bust to bring it down some... leaving me with less than $100 in Reward Points! It's so sad to finally see them go... I've been collecting them and hadn't used any since the very start! But they went to good causes! :D

Lonnie glad you got your Monsters bud!:D

SIDESHOW THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THESE MONSTER ITEMS PRE-ORDERS IN PLACE OF IN-STOCK! I WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO BUY ALL OF THEM HAD THEY BEEN IN-STOCK! & THANKS FOR THE MONSTER DISCOUNT ON THE FRANKENSTEIN 4 FOOT LBH STATUE! JUST ANOTHER WAY ALL YOU AWESOME PEOPLE OF SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES GAVE BACK TO ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST FANS!

The Monster,
Nick
:frank

I agree with Occulum not sure why they would have a limit on 2 for the SSE PF's, while some of the older ones took some time to sell out, Frank and the Bride were solid sellers as color pf's, all I think it did was give folks the chance to purchase two of each and sell them.

Not that I am bitter or anything since I missed out :monkey2

Though I am glad to see a few of the freaks here get them.

Evan

nah. they shouldve done 1 or the other.
They would not have sat on the shelves nearly as long as the others. Their ES is less than half of those shelfwarmers.. The low ES ups sales in itself. Adding a 2pc limit was an unecessary double whammy IMO. They wouldve been sold out by the time they shipped even at a 1pc limit. And they wouldve found their way into a wider collector base. I think SS dropped the ball on that call..

.... but oh well. I gots me mine.

Definitely more 1/6 scale monsters. And there's one conspicuous Universal PF that still needs doing, which I hope will happen within my lifetime... the Gill-Man, who would be the GRAIL of SSE PF vintage monsters in my SSC collection.

You are, of course, free to be as angry as you see fit, that is your right. But it is also their right to buy (and sell) these pieces as they see fit. If you want to start rationing collectibles, you may find that works out to be even less desirable than giving some 'flippers' the chance to participate.

Luckily grabbed both the Bride and Frankie SSE with the base.

Back