Black Friday/Thanksgiving Retail Outrage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were ALL working Slaves and Surfs....Deal with it

I mean I work two jobs. One is my career, the other is part time job. I choose to work an extra 20 or so hours each week retail. Why? Well two kids in daycare just about sums it up. :lol But seriously I work about 70 hours a week. Because I work retail guess what day I have to be at work? Black Friday is one of those days.

That's my choice. I'm not going to complain. I get time and a half that day (still far less than my other job) but still the company is nice enough to pay that. Plus having that second job means we can afford extra fun things like dinners out and what not.

Get over it lazy *****es. And if you don't work in retail and want to complain, then stop going out and spending money on those days. :peace

Ha you sound a bit like me. I work long hours but it's my choice. I left my house at 2.30am last thurs, fri & got home for about 5pm each day. Today I left at 4am & I'll be home for about 4.30 but its cool. As long as I can provide for my family & treat them that's what it's all about for me & the fact that my wife shows gratitude towards me for it (not that I expect her to) is nice

Yes.

Is going out to dinner and having your children in day care really better than spending time with your children?

Maybe they can barely afford the daycare without the extra job. So what should they do, not put the kids in daycare? Who is going to watch them? I am pretty sure they aren't in day care for pure convience but because both work.

Were ALL working Slaves and Surfs....Deal with it
How dare you compare me to a naturally occurring physical phenomenon.

g99506b74.gif

I'm not a wave, I'm a man! A MAN, DAMN YOU!

I'm gonna buy me a 46"-50" tv this black friday season and I don't give a **** if the employee had to put his child in daycare that costs 4 times the average nonholiday time to do it. I deserve to put this country further and further in debt to China for cheap goods just like every other American.

I think I'm going to stay home like I do every black friday. Maybe I'll watch Pacific Rim again and order a pizza.

Maybe they can barely afford the daycare without the extra job. So what should they do, not put the kids in daycare? Who is going to watch them? I am pretty sure they aren't in day care for pure convience but because both work.

I thought he was making the argument that he has no problem with working hard and bettering himself, and chastising others who complain about working on holidays who don't have better skills.

If he is such a performer, why does his wife have to work? She should be watching the children, if he places such importance on job performance and working hared for a good income.

He chastises others for who complain about not having
quality of life because of the jobs they have, and yet he seems to have the same problem. He too, lacks quality of life because he doesn't have a job that pays enough.
I'm just detecting some hypocrisy.

I thought he was making the argument that he has no problem with working hard and bettering himself, and chastising others who complain about working on holidays who don't have better skills.

If he is such a performer, why does his wife have to work? She should be watching the children, if he places such importance on job performance and working hared for a good income.

quality of life because of the jobs they have, and yet he seems to have the same problem. He too, lacks quality of life because he doesn't have a job that pays enough.

I really think you are mildly retarded. :slap

Thanks for the sermon (too fascist; didn't read). Try the beerhall next. I heard they need a putsch.

Not fascist.
If people are going to do a job, it takes their time. People only have so much time.

People need to be able to live, so they need to get enough money to live from their job. That means they must get a living wage at least from their job, or they must get it somewhere else.

That means that the government gives them the money, OR, they steal it at gunpoint, or kill other people for it.
Companies not paying a minimum wage that is a living wage causes some people to sell drugs in order to have enough money to live.
All of that comes from a company not paying a living wage.

Companies in the U.S. USED TO pay a living wage, and yet their CEOs were still fairly wealthy.
Now, the CEOs don't pay people enough, and as a result, crime is up, murder and robbery are up, and so is the sale of illegal drugs.

Those are the inevitable consequences of not paying a living wage to people who aren't teenagers living at home with their parents.
The only way you can avoid paying a living wage and not have crimes like robbery, murder and drugs as a result is for all of those people who work those jobs do so when someone else is taking up the slack as far as needed money.

That other person is the parents, the government,or other people at gunpoint.

If only teenagers work minimum wage jobs, the turnover rate is very high, so people must be constantly trained, and it compromises quality of service, as well as costing more money.

If a company is going to exist to make a profit, it NEEDS workers, which means those workers must have enough money from that work to stay alive, or they will die and the company can't make profits anymore.
You say, no problem, let them get supplemental income somewhere else. OK. From where? They already work full time and yet don't make enough money to live, which is what it means to have a living wage.
From where do people get the money they need to live working minimum wage jobs is the basic question, and is related to this thread.

You could say,why don't these people just get educated and get better jobs? Ok. That will work for some of these people, but then, since those companies that pay min wage still must have workers, someone must take their place.

These companies couldn't operate if all of their former employees and all people were educated enough not to need to work for them.
No more profit, then.
See the problem?

Companies like WalMart, KFC, McDonalds, Domino's Pizza all cost taxpayers a lot of money, so that the CEOs can have much larger profits, by NOT paying people what they need to. It is THEIR obligation to pay their employees a living wage. It is NOT the obligation of the taxpayer to pay their workers so that the CEOs don't have to.

By the CEOs of big companies not paying a living wage to give CEOs larger profits, it becomes the obligation of the taxpayer instead.
That's how it really is.

That is corporate welfare. I would think that you would be against corporate welfare and against government entitlements.
By advocating a less than living wage, you are advocating welfare for the rich.

It's funny how people say they are against welfare, yet when the economic realities of how big companies do business is revealed, we discover that these people against welfare are only against welfare for THE EXPLOITED and POOR, and love giving free money to people who are already rich, because that's the American way.

Now, CEOs can still pay a living wage to their employees and make a profit. They just can't make as obscene a profit. WE aren't talking about companies being obligated to pay their employees enough to be rich.
We're just talking about them paying their employees enough to live, because if THEY don't, then someone else will have to.

No living wage causes crime and drugs and welfare indirectly to the rich CEOs, by giving it to the exploited employees.
It isn't a sustainable system long term. It has also caused our national debt.
If the rich had been paying their way all these years, the government would not have had to have been shut down, all so that the rich CEOs could be even richer. It SEEMED to work all this time, because the country got by on credit. All this started with the Reagan tax cuts. The super rich used to pay 75% in tax. That system kept the government in the black. Now the government is way in the red, and its all due to things like CEOS of Mc Donalds, ect, not paying their employees a living wage, and more to the point, the rich not paying their share.
That's how it really happened.

Most people don't understand or know enough about how the economy really works, and what makes a truly sustainable economy to understand why it is unsustainable, and therefore wrong for big companies not to pay a living wage.

https://investorplace.com/2013/10/minimum-wage-mcjobs/#.UnwtXFI4JaQ

"A recent report by the National Employment Law Project points out that shows more than half of front-line fast-food workers rely on at least one public assistance program to support their families, according to University of California-Berkley research.

All told, the 10 largest fast-food companies in the U.S. cost taxpayers more than $3.8 billion per year, with McDonald’s alone responsible for a third of the tab. Similar data has been broken out for minimum wage retailers like Walmart (WMT) as well."

Just get a better job, and then you won't have to put your children in day care. Then you can have enough money to go out to dinner, and spend time with your children. That's your problem, right, BadMoon? Just like those people you complain about because THEY complain about how they don't have a job that allows them to have more time for what they enjoy doing.

valid point

Nah,I think he makes very valid points.It's Great that you want to provide for your family.That is an admirable trait Badmoon,but don't work your life away so that you have no time for your family (they are all you really have in the end)

Just get a better job, and then you won't have to put your children in day care. Then you can have enough money to go out to dinner, and spend time with your children. That's your problem, right, BadMoon? Just like those people you complain about because THEY complain about how they don't have a job that allows them to have more time for what they enjoy doing.

again,valid point..

Though,sometimes getting a "better" job isn't as easy as you think.Even a college degree does not guarantee a good paying job (especially today) but what it does guarantee is a HIGH personal DEBT to pay off for most of your life.plus,The good paying jobs are harder to come by while the job market sucks.Folks don't seem to understand that nationwide unemployment is actually 22-23% (it's not what the mainstream likes to report) which then creates even higher job competition even for part-time jobs.

valid point

Nah,I think he makes very valid points.It's Great that you want to provide for your family.That is an admirable trait Badmoon,but don't work your life away so that you have no time for your family (they are all you really have in the end)

again,valid point..

Though,sometimes getting a "better" job isn't as easy as you think.Even a college degree does not guarantee a good paying job (especially today) but what it does guarantee is a HIGH personal DEBT to pay off for most of your life.plus,The good paying jobs are harder to come by while the job market sucks.Folks don't seem to understand that nationwide unemployment is actually 22-23% (it's not what the mainstream likes to report) which then creates even higher job competition even for part-time jobs.

Oh, I know that getting a better job isn't that easy. That's actually part of my point. People can't get better jobs that pay them better so that they can have holidays off or have more time for their families.

A lot of people can't get better jobs than what they have, even people who don't think people who work on holidays have a right to complain about it, who think they are just lazy.

not gonna read all that...me lazy.

IBTL

Cliff notes version:
If companies don't pay people a living wage, then workers must get more money to live from the government through welfare.

That means that the taxpayer is bearing the burden of supporting people who work at minimum wage jobs because the CEOs of those companies refuse to pay them a living wage.
The taxpayer is therefore shelling out cash so that the employers of minimum wage workers don't have to, all so that the rich CEOs can make more money.

Also, if living wage jobs aren't available, it drives people to commit crime in order to get enough money to live.

All of this is so that CEOs of big companies who are already rich can be richer by receiving welfare indirectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back