Bioshock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded the demo last night and found it to be pretty interesting. I really liked the retro level design and the use of shadows, dark and light, water, etc. made the look and feel of the game very cinematic and evocative. The powerups like whiskey, etc. boosting your health while damaging your energy, or vice versa, made it a little more strategic than just running around and picking up every item in sight.

My one major gripe--and it's pretty major in my opinion--is the inability to use both a weapon with your right hand and a plasmid attack with your left at the same time. I have become so used to duel wielding in games that the inability to do so really bugged me and being forced to switch back and forth between one or the other irritated me. I assume that progessing through the game does not grant you the ability to duel wield, but if that does happen then my biggest complaint would vanish. I would love to run around incinerating one zombie with my left hand while shooting another with the machine gun in my right.

But I can still see this being one of the big hits of the year, and probably one of the eventual 360 all time classics.

Every preview seemed to indicate that this game was going to be more than just an average shooter. I can't wait for Tuesday, gotta finish Metroid (download) on the Wii before then!

Every preview seemed to indicate that this game was going to be more than just an average shooter. I can't wait for Tuesday, gotta finish Metroid (download) on the Wii before then!

i know how you feel, I have to finish F.E.A.R. before Tuesday.

Do they have a Wii metroid demo up?

How's F.E.A.R.? I'v been thinking about getting it since it's pretty cheap now.

yeah i bought it when it went down in price and i love it. i'm a huge fan of 3rd person shooters and this one has good graphics...not stellar but good, and smart AI. The story is pretty decent and i think it's a great shooter.

Do they have a Wii metroid demo up?

They have some cool videos for Metroid, but no playable demos (one is really cool about a super computer that might bring back some memories.... https://www.gametrailers.com/player/23490.html) They are having Metroid month though, and the original Metroid came up as a download. I figured it would be fun to run through the 8-bit version before the latest one came out, but got bogged down in the immense amount of backtracking required! If I can beat Ridley tonight, maybe I'll get to bed at a reasonable hour.:lol

Damn, I just saw a commercial for this and it looks AMAZING!! I am lobbying for an XBOX for X-Mas, but we'll see how that goes. I have to play this, Gears of War and Halo 3.

I saw the trailer and it looked ok but it didn't draw me into wanting to play the game. But you guys talked me into it, I'm downloading the demo now.

the demo was fun, but i prefer more realistic shooters. this is fun though and i will def try and get a copy down the line.

were you intoxicated??? just play the demo and you'll like it.

Ok so I played the demo and it's fun and the graphics are very nice but what's the big deal? I'm not blown away more so than any other FPS. I'll play it eventually but I'm not going to rush out and get it. But then again, I'm not going to rush out and get Halo 3 either. What can I say, I've been spoiled by Gears of War and nothing else compares. :eek:

I'll have to get around to finishing Gears of War one of these days. I only got about a quarter of the way into it and then gave up.

:eek:

Gears actually surprised me, for the gameplay there was just enough variety in what you do to keep me interested, and it also helped that the different Acts got shorter and shorter (the last Act is really short) But what was really great was doing coop because then we could revive each other and take out enemies easier (the AI is horrible for the good guys).

I tried the Bioshock demo, quite short but that is really crazy, probably the most scary game I've played, and the graphics are great too.

great news: gamepro has rated it a 5.0 out of a possible 5.0 the first from this generation of games to get the highest rating. looks like this is gonna give halo 3 a run for its money.

Back