Bioshock: Infinite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man so pissed when I found out
Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

Man so pissed when I found out
Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

****ing *******s! They actually make you do it three times. **** you! :monkey2:monkey4:gah:

Oh man, you were stuck in the graveyard the first time?

Yea, the Bank and Gate are the real tough ones. Don't worry it gets harder. :lol

I am a little worried about games on the PC that needs to go through Steam as of late. I am new to this stuff and wonder what would happen if Steam made bad decisions and went out of business. All of a sudden all my digitally bought game is simply just gone? It makes me wonder the same thing about Barnes and Nobles nook purchases. With the future possibly going all digital, is there no place for physical copies anymore?

Finished tonight
Spoiler Spoiler:

Finished tonight
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I am a little worried about games on the PC that needs to go through Steam as of late. I am new to this stuff and wonder what would happen if Steam made bad decisions and went out of business. All of a sudden all my digitally bought game is simply just gone? It makes me wonder the same thing about Barnes and Nobles nook purchases. With the future possibly going all digital, is there no place for physical copies anymore?

I am almost positive steam has came out and said if they went out of business they would release a way for you to play your games with out steam. That being said steam won't go out of business. Digital downloads are the future and steam is by far the best. Hell the new tomb raider wasn't even released as a physical copy only digital.

I am almost positive steam has came out and said if they went out of business they would release a way for you to play your games with out steam. That being said steam won't go out of business. Digital downloads are the future and steam is by far the best. Hell the new tomb raider wasn't even released as a physical copy only digital.

I just clicked the order button from Amazon UK for the physical copy of Tomb Raider for the PC. Yep, no USA physical copy release so I had to order from the UK.

:exactly: It's like being in the 80s and asking what if this computer fad doesn't last? Check out how many games are on STEAM, they get a piece of all of that. Pretty much the only way they'd go under would be if people stopped buying new games altogeather. It's also why theres no HL or Portal 3. TF2 has the largest video game economy according to Forbes and it's been out for 10 years. Valve doesn't even need to put out a game every 10 years to remain one of the top 3 developers.

The only drawback I can fathom would be having your internet shut off, but if you can't pay your bills, Video Games shouldn't be a priority.

:exactly: It's like being in the 80s and asking what if this computer fad doesn't last? Check out how many games are on STEAM, they get a piece of all of that. Pretty much the only way they'd go under would be if people stopped buying new games altogeather. It's also why theres no HL or Portal 3. TF2 has the largest video game economy according to Forbes and it's been out for 10 years. Valve doesn't even need to put out a game every 10 years to remain one of the top 3 developers.

The only drawback I can fathom would be having your internet shut off, but if you can't pay your bills, Video Games shouldn't be a priority.

Yeah Steam's overhead, and I know nothing about their business model, has to be super low and they get a cut of game sales. Don't see them ever going anywhere.

Yea, seems like a client update like once or twice a month at most. Aside from that all they have to do is add other's games and content users submit from the STEAM Workshop and they get some of that money too.

Here's a little blurb from an article about some other ending connections.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's not that people don't want to discuss it you just kind of **** on the games he listed. Making them sound way less superior than Bioshock, because Bioshock has a much more "intelligent" story. Do I agree with Bioshock having intelligent stories? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean that any game with a smart story isn't as good. Fallout doesn't have a deep and confusing plot, its rather simple but it does a hell of a job of telling a good story. I kind of look at it like movies. Some of my favorite movies have insanely confusing story lines and I enjoy that alot, but their are plenty of movies that are straight forward that I would say that are just as good if not better. :dunno
My main problem was with him listing Gears of War. Because that's one of the most bland VG stories of all time. Fallout is top notch, Halo is a pretty deep universe so I can understand being drawn into it, and I've always enjoyed Dead Space. But Gears of War is just awful. To continue your movie comparison, it's like saying that Transformers 2 has just as good a story as (for example) Inception. To me, GOW has very few redeeming features - it's just weak character after weak character, cliche after cliche.

But anyway. I'd agree Rapture is more messed up than Columbia. Columbia has the remnants of a functioning society, Rapture didn't. And the 'bosses' in that game were nutjobs. And the whole concept of Big Daddies and Little Sisters was messed up, too. Though Handymen are pretty weird, and Skyhooking people in the face is pretty horrific. Infact, I'd say almost TOO horrific - it's kind of jarring with the subtlety of the rest of the game. Then again, I suppose that's to show Booker off as a bit of a nut, which makes sense.

My main problem was with him listing Gears of War. Because that's one of the most bland VG stories of all time. Fallout is top notch, Halo is a pretty deep universe so I can understand being drawn into it, and I've always enjoyed Dead Space. But Gears of War is just awful. To continue your movie comparison, it's like saying that Transformers 2 has just as good a story as (for example) Inception. To me, GOW has very few redeeming features - it's just weak character after weak character, cliche after cliche.

But anyway. I'd agree Rapture is more messed up than Columbia. Columbia has the remnants of a functioning society, Rapture didn't. And the 'bosses' in that game were nutjobs. And the whole concept of Big Daddies and Little Sisters was messed up, too. Though Handymen are pretty weird, and Skyhooking people in the face is pretty horrific. Infact, I'd say almost TOO horrific - it's kind of jarring with the subtlety of the rest of the game. Then again, I suppose that's to show Booker off as a bit of a nut, which makes sense.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with people. It'd be boring if we all agreed. We just need to respect other peoples opinions.

Here's a little blurb from an article about some other ending connections.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just finished the game.

The jump scare got me really, really bad. I'm sure part of it was that it was 2 AM, dark and rainy outside, but. . . I had to take a break after that. I was shaking. . . .yeah, it was pretty bad.

I'm really impressed with the story altogether, taken as a whole unit with Bioshock, I haven't read all about explaining the ending and whatnot, but I will say the twist

Spoiler Spoiler:

But man, the final battle, took me like 8 tries, soooooo frustrating. I called it a night at 5 AM and took a 'nap' then finished the game at 10AM, haha.

Agreed. The end fight was super tough. Theres nothing in the game even close to as crazy as the final fight. I guess thats how it should be.

I went through the game on Hard difficulty the first time and, for the most part, didn't have much trouble with any of it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Running through it on easy difficulty now, finding the last few voxophones, telescopes and those viewing box things I forget the name of.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back