Bioshock: Infinite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this series like this that have a great story line and just open enough you can go exploring.

Yeah that is why Bioshock series is hands down my favorite thing to come out this gen. That and the Fallout series.

Agreed Josh this game suckered me in I picked it up Tuesday at noon and beat it Wednesday morning at around 5 and I'm only missing about 5 voxophones I took my time with this game and searched every area for money and lockpicks

I've found several of the vox devices. Not sure what my final total will be though.

Yeah that is why Bioshock series is hands down my favorite thing to come out this gen. That and the Fallout series.

It's a great series. I also love Gears, Halo, Dead Space as well. Those series really can suck you in.

It's a great series. I also love Gears, Halo, Dead Space as well. Those series really can suck you in.
Really don't think they're in the same league as Bioshock at all. Bioshock is much more....intelligent. Though I enjoy Halo and Dead Space to an extent.

Really don't think they're in the same league as Bioshock at all. Bioshock is much more....intelligent. Though I enjoy Halo and Dead Space to an extent.

I don't think he was comparing the stories to Bioshock. I think he was just simply stating that those are some other games that really suck HIM in this gen.

Lots of games have an amazing atmosphere, a great story, or fun gameplay. Bioshock has all three.

The original is definitely my favorite game of this console generation.

That may be the case for you. However, I have to say for me and my enjoyment of playing those games and stories suck me in as much.

I don't think he was comparing the stories to Bioshock. I think he was just simply stating that those are some other games that really suck HIM in this gen.

Those are games that suck me in. I really enjoy the stories.

But to suggest that Gears of War is on the same level as Bioshock in terms of storytelling seems really, really ridiculous. I could understand someone enjoying the series for what it is, story-wise it just doesn't come anywhere near Bioshock.

And I say that trying to be as objective as possible.

But to suggest that Gears of War is on the same level as Bioshock in terms of storytelling seems really, really ridiculous. I could understand someone enjoying the series for what it is, story-wise it just doesn't come anywhere near Bioshock.

And I say that trying to be as objective as possible.

Well, I'm saying it. I'm not terribly concerned if you feel the same or not. I do and since I'm playing for me that's kind of my top priority. :peace

Well, I'm saying it. I'm not terribly concerned if you feel the same or not. I do and since I'm playing for me that's kind of my top priority. :peace
Well, yeah. That's what I said. If you enjoy it, fair enough. I just don't think the series will be looked back on as one of the storytelling greats of video games of this period. It hasn't had anywhere near the level of influence/impact as Bioshock.

I was attempting to discuss it intelligently and objectively, but you've taken it as being an argument instead.

I'm not concerned if these games have some kind of impact. I don't play them for that. I play them to escape the day and enjoy a few hours of not thinking about whatever is going on. The series I listed do that as they have awesome stories, universes, and I'm entertained.

Then you failed. Your posts come across like you've got your nose on the air. So I've got no use for a discussion like that.

Meh. I say you're both right. And wrong. Nah just kidding.

Anyone else bothered by the two gun limit? it sure annoyed me. I miss the selection wheel. Especially when some of these guns don't have much ammo. Like the rpg. I don't want to carry an rpg around and have to give up my beloved shotty or hand cannon. Feels needlessly restrictive to me.

Yeah, it would be nice if you could just wheel and find your guns but they do lay around an awful lot so finding them is easy.

I'm not concerned if these games have some kind of impact. I don't play them for that. I play them to escape the day and enjoy a few hours of not thinking about whatever is going on. The series I listed do that as they have awesome stories, universes, and I'm entertained.

Then you failed. Your posts come across like you've got your nose on the air. So I've got no use for a discussion like that.
Jesus Christ. I'll try and remember that people who post on discussion forums don't want to discuss stuff, then.

Well one of the promotional 1:1 scale "Murder of Crows" Vigor bottles finally turned up on ebay and it's already $600 with 10 days left. :slap

I may still have a go at it if it stays under a thousand, I've been wanting one since they came out like a year ago.

Hoping Neca has a go at Vigor bottles, I know they did an EVE Hypo from B1 that didn't sell well but the Vigor Bottles are considerably more beautiful than a giant needle and would look amazing on a shelf. Would like for them to do a version of the plush songbird all over Rapture as well.

I'm going to play this on hard next....the thing I am really dreading....is the last big fight on Comstock's Zeppelin.

It surprises me a bit to hear that people have beaten this game in 10 hours. I think I played near twice that....but I did explore every inch of that world...and when you went through tears...many times things would change and you would find things that weren't there before...which meant I would go through that whole area again. I spent a hell of a long time exploring....and when there were zip lines...zipping about to see if there where any additional areas to explore.

Yea I spent 3 days on my Hard playthrough, as you say exploring everything, again in tears but I would also just stop and take in the view of the city for minutes at a time. Just way too much beauty and work to rush through in 10 hours, that seems like a real waste. Theres alot more to this game than shoot em up and beat the boss.

I also enjoyed just standing around differant areas to see what things Elizabeth would interact with, like trying Cotton Candy, playing around with the arcade games etc.

Jesus Christ. I'll try and remember that people who post on discussion forums don't want to discuss stuff, then.

It's not that people don't want to discuss it you just kind of **** on the games he listed. Making them sound way less superior than Bioshock, because Bioshock has a much more "intelligent" story. Do I agree with Bioshock having intelligent stories? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean that any game with a smart story isn't as good. Fallout doesn't have a deep and confusing plot, its rather simple but it does a hell of a job of telling a good story. I kind of look at it like movies. Some of my favorite movies have insanely confusing story lines and I enjoy that alot, but their are plenty of movies that are straight forward that I would say that are just as good if not better. :dunno

Just started but I can already tell this is going to be as f'ed up as Bioshock...the city I mean.

Sad clown:

Just started but I can already tell this is going to be as f'ed up as Bioshock...the city I mean.

Sad clown:

Oh it is that is forsure! In some ways I think it is more ****ed up than the original.

I think you cats are forgetting how bat$&@t crazy Rapture was. Personally I think Columbia is downright quaint by comparison.

I think you cats are forgetting how bat$&@t crazy Rapture was. Personally I think Columbia is downright quaint by comparison.

I agree with what your saying. Rapture really is bat**** crazy. The people the enviorment, but as soon as you come into rapture you know it is going to be unsettling. However with Colombia it looks like a beautiful nice place to live, but the farther you get in the more **** that is messed up. I really don't know how to explain it since I am pretty sure that makes 0 sense :rotfl

Back