Media BIOSHOCK THE COLLECTION (Coming Sept 13th for PC/PS4/XBONE)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Master Race always wins..or at least most of the time :lol

Comparison video.

I'll wait for the analysis from Digital Foundry. I'm not sure if that guy just downloads YouTube vids and super-imposes them for his comparisons.

As long as they've fixed a bunch of the technical problems for the original Bioshock on PC then I'll be a happy gamer.

Bioshock is probably my favorite or at the very least in my top 3 games of all time, which is why it's frustrating that the PC port was handled very poorly, probably because Irrational didn't do it themselves. Audio problems galore since the PC port has a problem with on-board sound issues. Having to run in comparability mode and use stereo mixing to get sound...which then has its own problems while in game. It's a headache and a chore, just google Bioshock 1 issues PC and check out. Mostly sound issues or launching issues.

If they've helped the port out...that would make me SO happy.

Pretty happy PC owners get this for free as well! The commentary from Ken Levine alone is worth playing through all 3 of these again.

Also, it makes sense that PC players aren't getting Infinite. That game was handled on PC by Irrational, and includes so many different features and setting options. The "remastered" version on consoles will still look nowhere near as good as if you own a high end PC and can crank up all the settings.

Those PC vs console comparison videos are completely useless. The comments are always full of kids laughing at the barely improved PC versions, completely oblivious to the fact that you really can't see most of the benefits in a compressed 30-60hz you tube video...

Have them on pc, paid 9.99 for all three I think. I now get the upgrade for free whereas Gamestop wants 59.99 for the console "remastered" versions.

LOL.

I'll wait for the analysis from Digital Foundry. I'm not sure if that guy just downloads YouTube vids and super-imposes them for his comparisons.

I read a similar comment about that guy months ago, but I have no idea if that`s true or not. I also trust much more in DF, or even Candyland for comparative videos, but I didn’t find anything from them..

Also there was a direct download of the Announcement Trailer at Gamersyde as usual -higher bitrate than youTube and 1080p/30fps (not 60fps)- but isn’t a comparative video either.

Edit: Here it is:

https://gamersyde.com/download_bioshock_the_collection_announcement_trailer-37660_en.html

if anyone is interested. hurry up because they usually delete the access to download in days or few weeks.

Yes.

The announcement said for "digital PC", and Steam is the only place to own Bioshock digitally for PC.

so people who bought the game on steam for 5 bucks will have the free upgrade. and people who paid full price on a hard copy with DRM are not getting anything. that sucks

Bioshok, IMO, is one of those games that are amazing the first time you play it, but have zero replay value. I'm getting the upgraded versions, but will likely never even DL them.

2007... that **** was mind blowing at the time.

didn't even realize it wasn't pre-rendered during the intro. just sitting in the water.

Bioshok, IMO, is one of those games that are amazing the first time you play it, but have zero replay value. I'm getting the upgraded versions, but will likely never even DL them.

Why? That doesn't make sense to me. It'd be like watching a film one time and never watching it again since you know what's going to happen.

Idk, to each their own but I replay the Bioshock games like every other year.

I usually take a few year breaks before going back and playing through story/singleplayer games again. But I always enjoy myself immensely since I've forgotten so much of the detail. Playing though the Uncharted trilogy when the remastered version came out was such a blast.

I can and will play Bioshock at least once a year, more often if possible.

The gameplay is good enough. And that's all it has to be. I think it's much better than that, but if we want to give it almost no credit - it doesn't matter.

I can walk around, just looking at stuff - almost 10 years later - and feel amazed and gross and claustrophobic and overwhelmed and in awe and sad and ten other emotions all at once. Gameplay aside (the arguments against, I think, are vastly overrated), just experiencing Rapture, listening to the audio logs, and taking everything in... it will always feel powerful and beautiful. There will always be that same bit of diminishing returns when it comes to level design / pacing (first few levels - heart in stomach, jaw on floor; post-Fort Frolic - this is still fun; last 25% - hmmm). But the game as a whole - maybe my favorite game ever. If not, top three easily.

Back