Bioshock: Infinite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have just given it it's own name.

Bioshock already had some steampunk sensibilities.
Can't get more steampunk than steam-powered turrets I suppose...

And "Aeroshock" would have been a much better name than Bioshock: Infinite. It still implies it's from the same series but the prefix is more appropriate.

QFT :lecture

I have an instant dislike for this already :panic:

Rapture itself was a character in the game, the biggest and most lovable character. It's what made BioShock, well Bioshock. Once they take it out of the underwater utopia and to the steampunk skies of Skytown ala Metroid Prime 3, or a city that looks very Final Fantasy 12 inspired...I get bored.

It feels all kinds of wrong.:slap

This is what Bioshock 2 should have been in the first place. I don't like the 'Infinite' subtitle.

From what I gather, I think it's more of a marketing title. They had to give it the Bioshock title to capitalize on the first game's success. Infinite is to Bioshock as Bioshock is to System Shock. The early impressions are saying Infinite is like a Final Fantasy game, it doesn't follow the previous game's story at all, but it's got similar themes and such. Bioshock 2 was called Sea of Dreams before it was released, and once everybody got the idea in their head, they just dropped it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, as the public becomes more and more familiar that Bioshock: Infinite is the game, the final title will change by the time it hits shelves. I'd bet $1 it'll just be called Bioshock 3 at retail.

It looks quite interesting to me. The setting doesn't look as brilliant as Rapture's, but it still has a lot of promise, and I wonder what the story will be like, the dangers you face...I'm fine with the title, but I do hope they'll change it to Aeroshock or something similiar.

From what I gather, I think it's more of a marketing title. They had to give it the Bioshock title to capitalize on the first game's success. Infinite is to Bioshock as Bioshock is to System Shock. The early impressions are saying Infinite is like a Final Fantasy game, it doesn't follow the previous game's story at all, but it's got similar themes and such. Bioshock 2 was called Sea of Dreams before it was released, and once everybody got the idea in their head, they just dropped it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, as the public becomes more and more familiar that Bioshock: Infinite is the game, the final title will change by the time it hits shelves. I'd bet $1 it'll just be called Bioshock 3 at retail.

I hope you're right.

They did drop 'Sea of Dreams' from BS2, so I wouldn't be surprised if they totally drop it and just put a numerical after it. But then again it's so different from the first two, it may warrant it's own subtitle.

I will miss the underwater aspect because I loved it but I'm really looking forward to Infinite. That trailer kicks ass.

I'm in the group that like the first Bioshock better mainly because of the story and the main characters. Although 2 is awesome as well.

I can't swim, so I never liked the underwater aspect.

I like the kind of, steampunk slash pre-computer robots.

I love how they use balloons instead of friggin' hover devices to raise the city.

I can't swim, so I never liked the underwater aspect.

I like the kind of, steampunk slash pre-computer robots.

I love how they use balloons instead of friggin' hover devices to raise the city.

So then it should have been even more creepy for you.
:horror

And it's very easy, second nature, one arm in front of the other, and ta-da! Your swimming.

So then it should have been even more creepy for you.
:horror

And it's very easy, second nature, one arm in front of the other, and ta-da! Your swimming.

Heh, I know how to swim, but I can't due to allergics to the crap they put in it to keep hygene (spellcheck?) and due to my back injury. So I never learned it. And I remember years ago when I was a little kid, I went swimming and almost drowned because I couldn't breath in the room itself. :monkey2 :gah:

Since then I have a fear for water. Well, a lot of water, that is.

But yeah, Bioshock scared the crap out of me, especially when you were in those tunnels made of glass and they break. :monkey2

Back