Binary domain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieRepublican

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw this from TGS. This Game Look Sick! Hopefully we get a Vanquish skin

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRI0p2at6NM&feature=related[/ame]

The trailer is so-so but the gameplay looks great

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1shMYjvJWmI[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjezZ7VUaM[/ame]

comes out early 2012

This came out on pc last Friday. It's been on consoles since February though.

I tried the demo, and then bought the game immediately on Steam. Finished it in 3 sittings. It's about 12 hours long. Has multiplayer. Loved every moment of it.

If you like Gears of War-style gameplay and dig Asimov-esque sci-fi, you need to play this game. That said, it's not perfect, it has some issues (some cheesy dialogue and finicky cover system being a couple), but it's a lot of fun.

It's criminal that it's being overlooked.

Here's the English trailer:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1SGtosGI0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

dbzro4yo4SofpC.jpg

dbnUiXiWl1jwEl.jpg

Last edited:
Well hello. I thought this thread was dead forever. Im waiting for the game to get super cheap before i get it lol.

That said i played the demo and thought it was awesome. Don't know why Japanese games are getting ____ted on nowadays, there are some pure gems coming out like Platinums games

One of the nicest looking and most satisfying game i've ever played, backed up by a decent story and characters. Top game imo, played the demo and loved it, bought it day one.

I'm totally interested in this game...once it gets cheap on Steam.

Don't bother !, it's a truly average game, it starts off quite well but never evolves from that early promise. The demo is ok but replay it about 200 times & you'll end up with a very good idea of what the full game has to offer (i.e nothing !).

Oh come on, what kind of asinine critique is this? within the scope of this particular game genre, Binary Domain evolves more as it progresses than many of its contemporaries. It's vague, too, your post. What exactly doesn't evolve? Is it an issue of variety? If so, the demo doesn't contain much to hint at it, certainly. If BD offers nothing, then games like Gears of War and CoD offer even less.

What I like about BD is its scale and the control you have over your squad.

I was really let down by the story, early on it has a pretty nice blade runner vibe to it, it never delivers on that promise and instead devolves into a cliche. The characters aren't very deep nor do they offer the emotional attachment of gears of wars cast.
GOW isn't perfect but it's a lot better than Binary Domian, which, considering it is only one game (instead of 3), runs out of new ideas very quickly.

I also found the squad mechanic utterly redundant, even if you act like a complete twat, they don't leave you in the lurch as the game leads you to believe they will.

I was really let down by the story, early on it has a pretty nice blade runner vibe to it, it never delivers on that promise and instead devolves into a cliche. The characters aren't very deep nor do they offer the emotional attachment of gears of wars cast.
GOW isn't perfect but it's a lot better than Binary Domian, which, considering it is only one game (instead of 3), runs out of new ideas very quickly.

I also found the squad mechanic utterly redundant, even if you act like a complete twat, they don't leave you in the lurch as the game leads you to believe they will.

The squad trust mechanic determines your ending, it matters. The story is standard Asimovian sci-Fi, but there's one development late in the game that I don't think has been done before in games or movies. The story is open-ended, setting up a sequel (unless you missed the final act completely).

I like the GoW series, but despite its story-telling and characters. All of it is about as banal and rote as fiction can get, and it has 3 games to build emotional attachments. Frankly, I think the writing in is leagues above GoW. Unless you think "eat ____ and die" is high grade material.

You can upgrade your squad in BD,something that you can't do in most standard shooter campaigns (unless they are rpg's like Fallout or ME).

Maybe its just me !,
the story didn't suck me in at all, I found the characters to be bland, the action plateau'd to the point where it's no more than wave after wave of faceless, character devoid cookie cutter robots.
Add all that together and the ending simply didn't matter to me,
I didn't care what happened to Clint Thrust (or what ever his name was......... oh, Dan !, that was it) as I'd not invested in him enough to care.
I know it's only a game but I love a good story and reasonably well developed characters (Nathan drake ?), BD wasn't my idea of that at all.

Back