Biker Scout image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you can swing the arm back so it will fit in a 14" w case, but I don't think it looks very natural when it's pointing so far back.

Yawn.

Where's my 1:6 Biker Scout and Speederbike, Sideshow?

Yes, you can swing the arm back so it will fit in a 14" w case, but I don't think it looks very natural when it's pointing so far back.

Thanks. That's the way he's gonna have to be while in his temporary case. I plan to move it later into a new case, especially because his temporary home has two doors that meet in the middle with about an inch of trim.

I saw a 1:1 scale Darth Maul bust displayed like that. I'm willing to believe that bust has become cross-eyed.
-theropod

s1-1.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday, in a coffin-sized box that was pretty thoroughly trashed by the time the FedEx guy left it on my porch (no signature--I guess he figured it would take a massively brazen thief to try to lug this down my driveway). The inner box was okay, though, despite the soaking rain it was left in. SS used those styrofoam spacers in the packaging, so only the outer box was damaged.

The base and the bike are really heavy. REALLY heavy. The post is a solid metal bar--heavy enough to brain someone with, with a notch on the bike end. It took a lot of swearing and fretting before I was able to get the bike on by myself. That's really a two person job, one person to hold up the bike, the other to twist the post until the notch settles into the right position in the bike. Getting the scout in position after was also another worry session, as somehow you have to get its butt notch into the seat while somehow working the handlebar in the left hand into its post and both feet in a position where they won't stress the pedals or bump them while you make the adjustments. The head is TIGHT. You're going to want to move it into position before you get the figure on the bike.

One thing I wish they'd done different is that the hole in the base for the post is too big for the actual post--it makes swinging the bike into different angles easy, but it also means there's a lot of play on the post. You can see it in the angle of the post to the base--it's not 90 degrees, more like 87. Here's a profile pic to illustrate:

profile-1.jpg

I wish I'd measured how deep the hole into the base goes before I got this thing mounted. I hope it's at least an inch and a half deep into the base. Can anyone confirm?

Overall it's a nice piece. I would score it a $650 out of $800, but no regrets. The biker scout has a weird special place in my heart, as the Monogram model of it was one of the very first plastic model kits I built as a teenager that I felt proud enough about to display. Plus that scene was my favorite in ROTJ. It'll most definitely be a center piece of my movie memorabilia display.

front.jpg

3q.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday, in a coffin-sized box that was pretty thoroughly trashed by the time the FedEx guy left it on my porch (no signature--I guess he figured it would take a massively brazen thief to try to lug this down my driveway). The inner box was okay, though, despite the soaking rain it was left in. SS used those styrofoam spacers in the packaging, so only the outer box was damaged.

The base and the bike are really heavy. REALLY heavy. The post is a solid metal bar--heavy enough to brain someone with, with a notch on the bike end. It took a lot of swearing and fretting before I was able to get the bike on by myself. That's really a two person job, one person to hold up the bike, the other to twist the post until the notch settles into the right position in the bike. Getting the scout in position after was also another worry session, as somehow you have to get its butt notch into the seat while somehow working the handlebar in the left hand into its post and both feet in a position where they won't stress the pedals or bump them while you make the adjustments. The head is TIGHT. You're going to want to move it into position before you get the figure on the bike.

One thing I wish they'd done different is that the hole in the base for the post is too big for the actual post--it makes swinging the bike into different angles easy, but it also means there's a lot of play on the post. You can see it in the angle of the post to the base--it's not 90 degrees, more like 87. Here's a profile pic to illustrate:

]

Thanks for those pix!!! Just got my shipping notice and mine will be on my doorstep this Tuesday. Can't wait!!!

I'm going to have to be careful when I got this if theres alot of play in the post. SS should offer insurance on their oversized item.

You know what I would like to do is, get another Han or Luke and remove the head on place it on the scout, but that means I'll probably ruin the $800.00 scout PF, but it may be a hit on ebay. In other thoughts Anakins has a removeable head but he never rode a bike.

I'm going to have to be careful when I got this if theres alot of play in the post. SS should offer insurance on their oversized item.

You know what I would like to do is, get another Han or Luke and remove the head on place it on the scout, but that means I'll probably ruin the $800.00 scout PF, but it may be a hit on ebay. In other thoughts Anakins has a removeable head but he never rode a bike.

What in the world are you talking about? Han never rode a speeder bike. Neither Luke, Han, nor Anakin were ever in Scout Trooper gear. Anakin did ride a speeder bike, but a totally different model - as well as different era for that matter. You are crazy.
:google :confused::confused::confused: :google
-theropod

Last edited:
Back