Biker Scout image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grond33 - That self looks like it is about to collapse. I would get a brace under that if I were you.

These things look awesome. They almost make me wish I were collecting them.

My Biker Scout is on the counter beside my desk in my office and it's been fun having people pass by and glance in and then retrace their steps and actually come back and walk in to get a better look. I have had a few tell me that it's the best thing in my office.

And you were in the office when they said it?...
Sounds like they're cryptically trying to tell you something.:monkey3

Loki-- Great idea for the stand-- It looks 100% better (and it looked pretty good to start with).

As I said earlier-- sooooooooooooooooooooo tempting. But I'll procreate and you buy the high end items. After your snip snip of course.:D:naughty

And you were in the office when they said it?...
Sounds like they're cryptically trying to tell you something.:monkey3

Loki-- Great idea for the stand-- It looks 100% better (and it looked pretty good to start with).

As I said earlier-- sooooooooooooooooooooo tempting. But I'll procreate and you buy the high end items. After your snip snip of course.:D:naughty

Sounds like a good deal to me :D

I recently decided to start collecting Star Wars PFs, and never being one to do things by halves, the first one I bought was the Biker Scout. Well, the main reason for that was that I found what seemed like a pretty good deal in the "for sale" section of another forum -- $600 shipped. Of course, as soon as I paid for it, I found some posts on the forums talking about how thoroughly it had originally been packaged and padded, and how people didn't want to think about trying to repackage it. I also found an ebay auction where a guy was selling a severely broken one because the person he bought it from hadn't packed it well enough. (Cue ominous music...)

Well, it arrived today, and it was very incompetently packed (even though I thought I had made it clear to the guy that it was fragile and needed special care). He had put the PF's box inside the original shipping box, but he apparently didn't realize that there was originally padding between the two of them. That mean that there was about an inch of empty space between the inner and outer boxes. He hadn't tried to redo the original padding inside and had just set the parts into the styrofoam. To top it off, he hadn't even taped the inner box shut. It was a miracle that it got to me in one piece. I did find that one of the hoses had broken, but a little super glue fixed it.

Anyway, this is a pretty nice piece. It's funny, but at first I was underwhelmed. Part of it might be the expense and the stress of the problems I had with the shipping, but I think the main issue was that I immediately placed it up on top of a bookshelf. It was difficult to get a feel for just how big and impressive it really is when it was all the way up there. When I put it down on one of my shelves, my opinion immediately changed. Luckily they were smart when designing it and made it so that it can fit in a lot of places that you might not expect it to. I'm not sure if you can really tell in this picture, but in person it looks natural on the shelf, and still keeps its impressive sense of scale. In short, even though it's tempting to put it on top of something, I would suggest displaying this close to eye level to get the full effect. I'm thinking of putting a poster of a forest or something in the background.

speeder_bike_pf1.jpg

Really cool pics guys! This PF SCout is awesome, too bad I have no place to display him. BTW Icruise you have a dead Tauntaun on your shelf :D

This thing has been as low as $650 on eBay...if it dropped below $500 before shipping I'm gonna cave.

To me personally, this is worth about $500. I know some will disagree, but I think $800 was too much, especially considering how many of these they produced. Just make sure that you spell out in detail about the precautions they should take when repacking and shipping it, and make sure you get insurance.

I've heard of some, and it just seems very fragile. As I mentioned in my post above, I think I really dodged a bullet in terms of avoiding serious damage when I got mine.

Has there been a lot of secondary breakage?

Not sure if there has been, but I can easily see it happening. Every nook and cranny of this piece is filled with protection. It took plently of time getting it unraveled. I haven't come across a SS piece with more protection than this one.

Huh....definitely an argument to go through SSC (Is it still available?) but is it a $300 reason...

A biker scout PF just ended on ebay at around $608 shipped. It jumped up about $100 in the last 5 seconds. I was getting nervous that it would undercut what I paid, but it didn't -- if only barely.

A biker scout PF just ended on ebay at around $608 shipped. It jumped up about $100 in the last 5 seconds. I was getting nervous that it would undercut what I paid, but it didn't -- if only barely.

LOL! I was watching all that guys auctions. I won the Boba. :rock The Han PF went for way more than I was expecting. :monkey2

Back